Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Walls

Options
  • 21-08-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

Has anyone a list of the sites that are to be painted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

It got great coverage on the RTE news.

I saw some of the painted walls on Facebook, I have to say its looking good. Well done to whoever is behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shane07

The Ard Ri Hotel would have been a great site to be done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's class, had a stroll around earlier and for a look took a few pics. Congrats to the organisers, hopefully they can build on this years event and keep it going into the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I was around earlier and it looks great the work on the del la salle centre is really impressive,whats happening when its over are they repainting the walls?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Shane07 wrote: »
    The Ard Ri Hotel would have been a great site to be done!

It sure would have been, definitely think that's a missed opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Are the walls staying as they are until such a time as the buildings have a new purpose?

• Advertisement

The RTE news report said the painted walls will be staying until the buildings will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Went for look at the Waterford walls today, absolutely fantastic, would recommend everyone does it, doesnt take long to see most of em, really impressive at DLS centre, stephen st, cathedral sq, peter st, john st....deadly stuff, fair play to all involved, would be fantastic if some of em stayed like that or this became a yearly thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Max Powers wrote: »
    Went for look at the Waterford walls today, absolutely fantastic, would recommend everyone does it, doesnt take long to see most of em, really impressive at DLS centre, stephen st, cathedral sq, peter st, john st....deadly stuff, fair play to all involved, would be fantastic if some of em stayed like that or this became a yearly thing.

As you come up from Johns Street, to Barrack Street, where the Oscar Wilde quote is I couldn't help but think that it would look even better if they had a Characters of Waterford present & past on the wall there.

The Tawdy's/Howdo's of this World. Maybe it's inappropriate, I don't know, but would class.

No one talking about this?,the town is looking great so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

any pics folks?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    any pics folks?

CqzOtexWEAAcAJw.jpg

CqzOtfMXYAUBwns.jpg

CqzOtgEWIAAeo_x.jpg

CqzOtkGWIAA4vZz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

CqzOtkGWIAA4vZz.jpg

Cheers for the pics.

Where's this though? Can place all the other pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Cheers for the pics.

Where's this though? Can place all the other pics![/quote]

Up near Aldi.

Jesus this adds some nice colour to the city. One thing about Waterford in comparison to the likes of Cork, Kilkenny and Galway is that there is not enough colour on the buildings. People paint them ultra conservative plain colours and it gives the city a very dull appearance. Lash out the bright stuff I say and see the difference.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I just found those pics on Twitter,thats across from the tax office on the glen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭PureIsle

pbs.twimg.com/media/CqzOtexWEAAcAJw.jpg[/IMG]

That is one impressive piece of art. Thank you.

The first picture of the young woman is stunning, anyone know where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shellakybooky

deisemum wrote: »

Next to Waterford Youth Arts on Barrack St

deisemum wrote: »

I just seen it this morning and its really impressive its across from Mount Sion school on Barracks Street,they are painting another one of a man next to it.

The Waterford Walls website has a map of where each painting is located. It's a nice stroll around town and you get to see the artists at work. They're chatting away to people, standings in with people for pics too. Even the weather is playing ball.

This is amazing

14117927_1076549942430021_6816694580229252841_n.jpg?oh=47ea6024f5bd8f6c94e3f5902bfeb815&oe=5837D48A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hats off to the council for letting them do this. All of the paintings/graffiti are amazing to look at and seeing them come to life is great to see.

Will any of the paintings be permanent? Is there any left from last year as I know many were intended to be temporary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There are ones still around from last year. I don't know how many, but I think all the ones I pass on a near daily basis hung around.

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »
    There are ones still around from last year. I don't know how many, but I think all the ones I pass on a near daily basis hung around.

But have they deteriorated badly or do they still look fairly decent?

Advertisement