Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Holloway v Oliveira

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That_Guy wrote: »
    During the post-fight interview he said, "I made my dreams come true. This is my first win in the UFC and my last. I'm done after this. I'm done putting my family and my body through all this."

Mad stuff.

Fair play to him, if his hearts not in it why kep at it. It's not like guys outside the top 5 are making crazy money and the reebok deal is killing their earning potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

My god Bisping is so irritating to listen to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Holloway via Decision
    Just makes it slightly more odd

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/635615310637309952

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Michael Bisping on Fox Sports says that Perez "doesn't have the cajones to keep fighting" right after saying, "I don't know the guy".

What an absolutely stupid comment to make.

Holloway comes across like a really nice, humble dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cringey Max Holloway segment is telling me to go to bed.

Enjoy the rest of the fights lads.

This is horrible Jui Jitsu...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

When the women were on the ground there I didn't know who's arm that was throwing the punches!

CatFromHue wrote: »
    When the women were on the ground there I didn't know who's arm that was throwing the punches!

The one in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Holloway via Decision
    Nice counter punching from letourneau in that round.

• Advertisement

Good sweep for the takedown, back to the horrible Jui Jitsu now.

It's like she's trying to get rubber guard but with the wrong arm grabbing the ankle...

This was a crop fight to watch.

Holloway via Decision
    It's like she's trying to get rubber guard but with the wrong arm grabbing the ankle...

Thought she was trying too hard for the triangle, and didn't do enough to hold it when the oppotunity was there.

Holloway via Decision
    This was a crop fight to watch.

I enjoyed it actually. Thats the beauty of the sport i guess. :-)

John_D80 wrote: »
    Thought she was trying too hard for the triangle, and didn't do enough to hold it when the oppotunity was there.

She kept grabbing her right ankle with her right hand and pulling it forward, but then never brought her left over the finish the guard and then just trying the same thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Oliveira via Decision
    You'd think Valerie might know enough English to comprehend what "assess" meant ....she's CANADIAN for Christ's sake!

Holloway via Decision
    Best thing she did on the ground was getting that weird inverted head triangle in the first. ;-)

I think Letourneau was just physically too strong on the ground for her and was able to power away from anything Moroz tried to set up.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    You'd think Valerie might know enough English to comprehend what "assess" meant ....she's CANADIAN for Christ's sake!

Plenty of people in Canada don't speak a word of English.

Best thing she did on the ground was getting that weird inverted head triangle in the first. ;-)

I think Letourneau was just physically too strong on the ground for her and was able to power away from anything Moroz tried to set up.

When she literally just stood up in the third it was kinda funny.

• Advertisement

Oliveira via Decision
    Plenty of people in Canada don't speak a word of English.

Gee, ya don't say? :rolleyes:

However, most of them are immigrants and most of them pick it up to one extent or another in time. She really has no excuse, especially being in the UFC/public eye.

Holloway via Decision
    Mercier is an animal.

Holloway via Decision
    Body triangle is horrible place to be against some one like Mercier.

Gee, ya don't say? :rolleyes:

However, most of them are immigrants and most of them pick it up to one extent or another in time. She really has no excuse, especially being in the UFC/public eye.

There over 9 million French speaking Canadians, 8 million of them in Quebec, a sizeable minority of them in rural areas would have no use for English at all. Even in parts of Montreal you can't get by without speaking French because a lot of the population don't speak English.

/off topic

Body triangle is horrible place to be against some one like Mercier.

Sims glued that chin to his chest and did well to get out of it.

That was a stupidly cheap way to give your back.

Oliveira via Decision
    There over 9 million French speaking Canadians, 8 million of them in Quebec, a sizeable minority of them in rural areas would have no use for English at all. Even in parts of Montreal you can't get by without speaking French because a lot of the population don't speak English.

/off topic

It's not off topic as her English was so bad it was embarrassing. Also: many in Quebec, (particularly Montreal), can speak English, they just won't unless they feel like it ;) My point stands: she has a pitiful level of English comprehension being in the UFC/public eye.

Holloway via Decision
    That was a stupidly cheap way to give your back.

He had to throw caution to the wind I think.

I had Mercier by decision in my pickem picks but he really should have done better there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It's not off topic as her English was so bad it was embarrassing. Also: many in Quebec, (particularly Montreal), can speak English, they just won't unless they feel like it ;) My point stands: she has a pitiful level of English comprehension being in the UFC/public eye.

What has being in the UFC got to do with her having to learn English? Shes there to fight not to take English lessons. Plenty of fighters end up having a translator with them at every occasion they speak on the mic. Plenty of them title holders too.They arent under any obligation to learn English just to suit the UFC.

• Advertisement

He had to throw caution to the wind I think.

I had Mercier by decision in my pickem picks but he really should have done better there.

Yeah he was trying to force a scramble to get back to feet or gain the top but he should have been turning the other way.

That said it's one thing doing it in a BJJ session, it's another when dude on top of you is punching you in the face.

Advertisement