Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 191- Johnson vs. Dodson 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I've been up since 9, opted against a nap but regretting it now. My daily disposable contacts weren't made for this.

Throw on your glasses? I swapped about an hour ago (I stupidly napped with the lenses in!)

Am I nuts for thinking Dodson might do it tonight?

No. I don't think he will myself but the gap between them really isn't that large and with Dodson's power and hand speed anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Hon Paige! This could be lively, hope so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Do Mir and Arlovski train at the same gym? How does that work?

No. I don't think he will myself but the gap between them really isn't that large and with Dodson's power and hand speed anything can happen.

Yeah admittedly I have only seen dodson fight a few times but his power for a flyweight is amazing :eek:

• Advertisement

I could cry... My laptop decided to restart and install updates.

FML

I've never seen anyone as happy to be in the octagon as Paige. Let's see if that is good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Trond wrote: »

god i hate that cowboy loser bollix face... anyway

met mendes in vegas was genuinely friendly and we asked for photos he was great just requested we not take the piss out of him with them like a lot of people had, i really hope he does well in his next few fights

Think Paige has that anyway.

• Advertisement

Back in, only missed 1 round!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

jcd5971 wrote: »
    god i hate that cowboy loser bollix face... anyway

Some people who don't like Cowboy...when did this happen??

Back in, only missed 1 round!

didnt miss much to be honest with you

Paige is dominating her, she is gutsy, relentless. Although not the most exciting round ever seen.

chambers probably worst fighter in the divison, well either her or aishling daly

Some people who don't like Cowboy...when did this happen??

Cowboy is feuding with precious Mcgregor, he will be all of a sudden hated by majority of people in Ireland soon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

So would :D

That was a bloody brilliant arm bar.

Cowboy is feuding with precious Mcgregor, he will be all of a sudden hated by majority of people in Ireland soon :pac:

Not really a fair statment, ive found him to be smarmy and annoying for a long time.
    and personally i cant stand conor mcgregor if he wasnt irish id want him to lose every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So one sided, I understand why they are giving Paige weak opponents but I can't see her posing any problems to Jedrzejczyk.

• Advertisement

jesus check it out van zandt has a face mole as well, rousey v van zandt battle of mole

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Conor McGregor threads that way --->

Great armbar by Paige, shes on a roll and has a great career ahead of her but theres no one in that division beating Joanna anytime soon, she will simply maul them all.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Not really a fair statment, ive found him to be smarmy and annoying for a long time.
    and personally i cant stand conor mcgregor if he wasnt irish id want him to lose every match.

I love both the guys and if they feud only reason I'll hope for Conor to win is because he is Irish.

Cowboy is cocky but he is a warrior and never turns down a fight, I appreciate that. I do think Conor would beat him though.

Axwell wrote: »

Great armbar by Paige, shes on a roll and has a great career ahead of her but theres no one in that division beating Joanna anytime soon, she will simply maul them all.

Paige will be very marketable for the UFC if she keeps winning. She has it all she is good looking and can fight real good.

Axwell wrote: »

more of a cowboy chat rather than conor, plus i try to stay out of that thread its a bit of a cesspool tbh

I love both the guys and if they feud only reason I'll hope for Conor to win is because he is Irish.

Cowboy is cocky but he is a warrior and never turns down a fight, I appreciate that. I do think Conor would beat him though.

I think the 4 inch height difference and crazy reach advantage would seriously work against Conor, especially from someone who can strike like Cowboy.

She does seem to genuinely love fighting. The wee pet.

Christ just watching the Daniel Cormier promo here, obv meant to tug at the heart strings but that appears like a rough run of luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Paige will be very marketable for the UFC if she keeps winning. She has it all she is good looking and can fight real good.

She already is sure thats why Reebok took her on. Rousey will retire in the not too distant future and when she does they need someone else to take that female marketable position and Paige is perfect for it, she just wont take the belt off Joanna anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

She's good looking but against anyone that isn't a can she will struggle big time.

• Advertisement

She's good looking but against anyone that isn't a can she will struggle big time.

Very true at the moment but she is young, with a few years she might improve. Joanna is a beast though, so she will need to improve a lot to challenge her.

Advertisement