Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wrong thread? Or a daydream? :confused:

Bit of both really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

spongbob wrote: »
    Nice boxes yes, Halford product , aldi or lidl had something like this for sale a few months ago without wheels for a 199 red and 3 year warranty. Just saying

You cant just say "Halfords product" and then make assumptions upon its quality, thats incredibly naive. Halfords do not manufacture them, they just have their brand name on them. The quality is fantastic. People have had them for 20 years and still in perfect condition. Have a look in Halfords next time youre in, you will be impressed. Ive friends who wouldnt use anything ther than Snap On, they dont mind paying stupid money just to keep up their ludicrous collection of hyper expensive tools, yet they even agree that the Industrial range from halfords is very good. Im not sitting here defending my purchase because I bought it, Im defending it because its worthy of defending.

As for the Aldi thing, its not even close to this tool box. The Aldi one has a weight limit of 15KG per drawer, the Halfords Industrial is 35KG per drawer. That Aldi product is designed for the home market and was expensive for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

You cant just say "Halfords product" and then make assumptions upon its quality, thats incredibly naive. Halfords do not manufacture them, they just have their brand name on them. The quality is fantastic. People have had them for 20 years and still in perfect condition. Have a look in Halfords next time youre in, you will be impressed. Ive friends who wouldnt use anything ther than Snap On, they dont mind paying stupid money just to keep up their ludicrous collection of hyper expensive tools, yet they even agree that the Industrial range from halfords is very good. Im not sitting here defending my purchase because I bought it, Im defending it because its worthy of defending.

As for the Aldi thing, its not even close to this tool box. The Aldi one has a weight limit of 15KG per drawer, the Halfords Industrial is 35KG per drawer. That Aldi product is designed for the home market and was expensive for what it is.

I prefer to have my tools thrown in every corner of the workshop and make the thieves work for their money :-p

Brother got the old man the aldi/lidl one, it smaller, has less drawrs, the drawer runners are more like you'd expect on a flat pack chest of drawers, the big drawer twists when theres a bit of weight in it and jams the runners, the whole thing is flimsy. No comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

I don't suppose anyone has any discount codes for the UK sote by any chance?
    I need to order a tent which they only have in in Limerick, yet i can buy from uk and have it shipped via parcel motel and only costs me €7, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Halfords currently have a nice collection of cheap Selle Royal bike saddles, I just got two for myself and the wife...

• Advertisement

I don't suppose anyone has any discount codes for the UK sote by any chance?
    I need to order a tent which they only have in in Limerick, yet i can buy from uk and have it shipped via parcel motel and only costs me €7, happy days.

Any products on the Halfords.com site can and will be delivered to your local store for free. Just phone your local store and give them the catalogue code from the UK site and tell them to order it for you. Only takes a few days and then you dont have any postage charges. Thats what I did with the tool box I was talking about a few posts back.

I thought I may as well post a few pics of it, just to show off. :D
    12491829_10154027672808714_5565018910690595948_o.jpg12493553_10154027673023714_1067759137147474809_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Any products on the Halfords.com site can and will be delivered to your local store for free. Just phone your local store and give them the catalogue code from the UK site and tell them to order it for you. Only takes a few days and then you dont have any postage charges.

What rate do they use to calculate sterling/euro when you order an item from the UK?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    What rate do they use to calculate sterling/euro when you order an item from the UK?

It doesnt work like that. They have a price for the ROI. Living near the border as I do, I always check each site to see what works out the cheapest. Normally in the ROI its always a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Quaderno wrote: »
    Halfords currently have a nice collection of cheap Selle Royal bike saddles, I just got two for myself and the wife...

Somebody wasn't thinking in English when they named this saddle.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-parts/saddles-seat-posts/selle-italia-womens-flow-donna-exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Any products on the Halfords.com site can and will be delivered to your local store for free. Just phone your local store and give them the catalogue code from the UK site and tell them to order it for you. Only takes a few days and then you dont have any postage charges. Thats what I did with the tool box I was talking about a few posts back.

12491829_10154027672808714_5565018910690595948_o.jpg12493553_10154027673023714_1067759137147474809_o.jpg

Looks class, am very jealous. Is that the industrial one that normally comes in black?

• Advertisement

Looks class, am very jealous. Is that the industrial one that normally comes in black?

Yes. They have a limited edition run of the industrial ones (normally in black) at the moment, you can choose blue, orange or lime green. The blue is much much lighter in reality, these photos look liek the cheaper colour of blue, but it looks nothing like this colour of blue at all.

When I ordered it, they didnt have the coloured ones on the Irish site, but after me talking to the customer services in the UK and mentioning it, they added them later that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

I tried ordering it before but they said their was none in Warehouses,
    Maybe its an end of stock item,
    The part number is the same as irish site.
    Maybe i will try again today so

I tried ordering it before but they said their was none in Warehouses,
    Maybe its an end of stock item,
    The part number is the same as irish site.
    Maybe i will try again today so

Its not end of stock. They literally only just started selling them. They claim to be Limited Edition, but I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Perhaps you could try and go through the motions online on Halfords.com to see if its in stock to be delivered to a random UK store, and then call your local store and explain that its available in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Update on the bike saga ......I got the bike that was on sale reduced to 899 I paid cash, said I had an axa card they didnt even look for it after saying and I got a further 10% off, got my companies name on the receipt as well as my own and will go via the accounts dept for the bike to work scheme at our end .....so much for halfords saying they dont double discount ....job done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

Vego wrote: »
    Update on the bike saga ......I got the bike that was on sale reduced to 899 I paid cash, said I had an axa card they didnt even look for it after saying and I got a further 10% off, got my companies name on the receipt as well as my own and will go via the accounts dept for the bike to work scheme at our end .....so much for halfords saying they dont double discount ....job done

Think u could have problem with the back to work scheme..... That's not how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

Masala wrote: »
    Think u could have problem with the back to work scheme..... That's not how it works.

Yes the employer has to pay for it directly. You may be able to get your employer to pay Halfords and then get a refund from Halfords for the amount you paid.

Got the go ahead & money from accounts to do it ....so as far as im concerned job done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Vego wrote: »
    Got the go ahead & money from accounts to do it ....so as far as im concerned job done

as far as the revenue commissioners are concerned job not done properly. I'd suggest you have a chat with whoever looks after the bike to work scheme in accounts to get it sorted or you could be out of pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

But now you will pine away, crying yourself to sleep, wishing you could also get the "middle chest", and that's only in black. :D:D

[136675?$pd_main_v2$

136675a?$pd_main_v2$

But now you will pine away, crying yourself to sleep, wishing you could also get the "middle chest", and that's only in black. :D:D

[136675?$pd_main_v2$

136675a?$pd_main_v2$

Hah yeah I know.

I already emailed Halfords requesting the middle drawer to be sold in the colours.

Interestingly the middle drawer is €120 online in ROI, but its £200 in the UK.

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    as far as the revenue commissioners are concerned job not done properly. I'd suggest you have a chat with whoever looks after the bike to work scheme in accounts to get it sorted or you could be out of pocket...

Just out of interest how so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Interestingly the middle drawer is €120 online in ROI, but its £200 in the UK.

Not now, its £100

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/storage/tool-chests-cabinets/halfords-industrial-3-drawer-middle-chest?cm_re=Featured-_-feature1-_-3drawerchest

The price is up and down for everything in Halfords! Still cheaper in ROI, now if only they get back to me about a nice blue one they have a guaranteed sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Picked up this bad boy for 10e reduced from 60e. Same product on Amazon UK is £50plus. Instore in mahon Cork..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

Picked up this bad boy for 10e reduced from 60e. Same product on Amazon UK is £50plus. Instore in mahon Cork..

Internal server error is all I'm seeing!
    What is it?

Edit: see it now, Party Grill

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Invincible wrote: »
    Internal server error is all I'm seeing!
    What is it?

Its a campingaz stove cant find it on the halfords website though

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Halfords are doing 10% off everything online between 12 and 2pm.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Campingaz-Party-Grill-Stove-Pouch/dp/B00154O9GG

there was a few left in mahon point yesterday @ €10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Campingaz-Party-Grill-Stove-Pouch/dp/B00154O9GG

there was a few left in mahon point yesterday @ €10 - They are not showing on Halfords website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

now online wrote: »
    Halfords are doing 10% off everything online between 12 and 2pm.

Does anyone have the link for the halfords price drop page that was linked on bargain alerts before, I can;t find it.

Advertisement