Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

And they don't have any of the parts for it in stock,they said to check back after new years

O no!! I'd be raging!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Was in Halfords Swords yesterday buying an inner tube for the bike, €5 each or 2 for €7.50.

Also 60% off cycling clothes, mainly jackets though.

Snow shovel €5, I paid €20 for one in Woodies earlier this year.
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=255759&productId=820751&storeId=11101

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭ablelocks

is this jump-starter any good? I need to get a set of decent jump leads, but noticed this was half-price...100 down to 50

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Aldi/Lidl do jumpstarters from time to time, my mother got one years ago and it still works perfectly. Super yoke. I think I'd wait for the Aldi/Lidl ones tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭positron

ablelocks wrote: »
    is this jump-starter any good? I need to get a set of decent jump leads, but noticed this was half-price...100 down to 50

I have this for a year or so now. It works well - I've used it 10+ times to start a car and occasionally a motorbike - but recently there are way more compact battery packs out there - that looks more like a portable battery pack for smart phones.

Example:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-16500mAh-Portable-External-Smartphone-DJS30/dp/B00YDZR3ZI/ref=zg_bs_2484517031_1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

There is an extra 10% off everything today if you order before 2pm. 90 minutes left, get buying!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

ablelocks wrote: »

I think its always reduced as I bought it in Jan 2015 for €50, but its well worth it. Charged it, then left it in the boot and it worked first time any time I needed it. Had to replace my car battery in the end anyway but this yoke defo recommended.

cunstunt wrote: »
    I think its always reduced as I bought it in Jan 2015 for €50, but its well worth it. Charged it, then left it in the boot and it worked first time any time I needed it. Had to replace my car battery in the end anyway but this yoke defo recommended.

There's an extra 10% off everything from 12-2 today on the site if anyone's interested
    (discount applied when you add to basket)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

UsedToWait wrote: »
    There's an extra 10% off everything from 12-2 today on the site if anyone's interested

You obviously didn't read the preceding posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Or maybe they did and wanted to copy!

I ordered the Halfords Industrial toolbox bundle. I noticed on the UK site they have a choice of colour which isnt available in the ROI. So I phoned my local shop and they said they could order it in for me and it would be €350, but I mentioned I wanted the flash sale price of €315 but that I wasnt able to order blue because thats not for sale in ROI. So he spoke to systems guy and they have ordered the blue ones for me and they will manually reduce the price to €315 at the till when I ipck them up on Wednesday! Cant wait now as its a great price for these boxes. I was actually going to order these a couple of days ago at €350 because that was a great price, but to get the blue limited edition colour and for €315 its a steal, a bargain, the sale of the fcuking century!

120729.jpg120786.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I ordered the Halfords Industrial toolbox bundle. I noticed on the UK site they have a choice of colour which isnt available in the ROI. So I phoned my local shop and they said they could order it in for me and it would be €350, but I mentioned I wanted the flash sale price of €315 but that I wasnt able to order blue because thats not for sale in ROI. So he spoke to systems guy and they have ordered the blue ones for me and they will manually reduce the price to €315 at the till when I ipck them up on Wednesday! Cant wait now as its a great price for these boxes. I was actually going to order these a couple of days ago at €350 because that was a great price, but to get the blue limited edition colour and for €315 its a steal, a bargain, the sale of the fcuking century!

120729.jpg120786.jpg
    its a 10% discount, am i missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

craggy2 wrote: »
    12v Leisure pump €3.]

The missus got all excited when she read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I think Fr. Crazy wanted people to have a referendum on whether there should be a rising. If that was approved, he then wanted them to give advance notice to the British Army of the rising and full military plans, probably taking out ads in the newspapers too so to speak.

Wrong thread? Or a daydream? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

:D

ted1 wrote: »
    its a 10% discount, am i missing something here?

Yes, the normal price for this item in blue is £350 for the bottom part, and £260 for the top part. Thats €807 at the interbank exchange rate. The item isnt even sold in ROI normally. So to pay €315 for it is awesome, a steal, a snip, a snap, a bargain never to be repeated.

• Advertisement

I think Fr. Crazy wanted people to have a referendum on whether there should be a rising. If that was approved, he then wanted them to give advance notice to the British Army of the rising and full military plans, probably taking out ads in the newspapers too so to speak.

I rang Halfords and they said "Fcuk knows what he is on about!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I rang Halfords and they said "Fcuk knows what he is on about!"
    They've reserved two for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have you got a link? Is it just the tool box or are there tools in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Simona1986 wrote: »

:D

Simona1986 wrote: »

Tools in it? hahahaha you can certainly buy tool boxes with tools in them, which would be just about better than chocolate. These are high quality tool boxes, with huge weight carrying capacity with all drawers on ball bearing runners. This is not your average run of the mill toolbox.

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/storage/tool-chests-cabinets?cm_re=mmworkshop-_-Tools-_-chestscabinets

phill106 wrote: »
    Or maybe they did and wanted to copy!

:o Was on the phone / on my break and hadn't scrolled back to see if it was posted - managed to avail of the 10% off on a few items myself and wanted to share the wealth :)

(also got an extra 10% off the balance with my Axa card - can be hit or miss depending on the sales assistant - I think the policy is you can't use the Axa on already discounted items)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

:o Was on the phone / on my break and hadn't scrolled back to see if it was posted - managed to avail of the 10% off on a few items myself and wanted to share the wealth :)

(also got an extra 10% off the balance with my Axa card - can be hit or miss depending on the sales assistant - I think the policy is you can't use the Axa on already discounted items)

Oh but u can .....

Vego wrote: »
    Oh but u can .....

Well I wasn't given the axa discount on a couple of occasions by a manager type, on sale items.. Was also denied it for not having my insurance disc by the same jobsworth, but the sales assistants are sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Well I wasn't given the axa discount on a couple of occasions by a manager type, on sale items.. Was also denied it for not having my insurance disc by the same jobsworth, but the sales assistants are sound.

U better get on to axa and halfords customer service at let them know ....I finally got my axa discount on my bike to work bike after been initially told by them I couldn't ...as they don't double discount .....I said they are not discounting the btw my tax is ......the bike subsequently went on 25% off sale .....I mentioned can I still get my discount the same guy a few weeks later said I will check (I didn't even produce the card) he typed it in and said yes ...I got a further 80euro off the bike ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Tools in it? hahahaha you can certainly buy tool boxes with tools in them, which would be just about better than chocolate. These are high quality tool boxes, with huge weight carrying capacity with all drawers on ball bearing runners. This is not your average run of the mill toolbox.

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/storage/tool-chests-cabinets?cm_re=mmworkshop-_-Tools-_-chestscabinets

Nice boxes yes, Halford product , aldi or lidl had something like this for sale a few months ago without wheels for a 199 red and 3 year warranty. Just saying

Advertisement