Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE Advanced Audit elective

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Was there any need to post this !!!

Sorry - didn't mean to scaremonger; just heard that this morning. Hope it isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

That is pure ****e !! The more I think about it , this paper was moderated a few times over the last number of weeks ! There is no way this rumour just happens all of a sudden!!!

Also people moderating the paper aren't allowed to discuss it and get paid quite well also , I would take the above with a pinch of salt.

There might be a lot of FR on the paper but the most it can be is two indicators !!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

cson wrote: »
    After hearing from someone who was talking to one of the past students they road test the paper on that this year is as hard if not harder apparently. :(

Heavy on FR & seemingly they had to delete an indicator & appendix to make it manageable timewise. :eek:

Never mind trying to interpret the indicators on the day, I haven't a clue what that first sentence means, I hope the punctuation is better in the script :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Like they know 50% of people who did the elective last year failed and that all these repeats won't be as sharp on FR and the rest plus they are adding extra FR to the core so I really don't see the need to go FR heavy in the elective. To think I switched to tax and switched back again, FFS

Torres999 wrote: »
    Like they know 50% of people who did the elective last year failed and that all these repeats won't be as sharp on FR and the rest plus they are adding extra FR to the core so I really don't see the need to go FR heavy in the elective. To think I switched to tax and switched back again, FFS

Will you relax !! Your miles ahead of people doing core !! You like myself have been off for a number of weeks just focusing on audit !!

Bring on any paper I say !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

It is in line with increased FR weighting which does make me think it might be true.

Never mind trying to interpret the indicators on the day, I haven't a clue what that first sentence means, I hope the punctuation is better in the script :)

A previous student always takes the exam before it is finalised to ensure that it is doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AuditAgain

It is in line with increased FR weighting which does make me think it might be true.

Yeah but they haven't changed the audit elective syllabus and they haven't announced a change in examination style. So there shouldn't be any noticeable change in the weighting of the exam.

Typical ****ing incompetent institute though. Just change the standard of the exam without informing students. I really hope it isn't true.

AuditAgain wrote: »
    Yeah but they haven't changed the audit elective syllabus and they haven't announced a change in examination style. So there shouldn't be any noticeable change in the weighting of the exam.

Typical ****ing incompetent institute though. Just change the standard of the exam without informing students. I really hope it isn't true.

Yeah true - fingers crossed. Time to get the rosary beads and toilet paper out.

Yeah true - fingers crossed. Time to get the rosary beads and toilet paper out.

You should know better !! Pure wind up

• Advertisement

Also - this 'road testing'? Do they really wait until the summer to do this? That seems like asking for rumours and leaks. I've never heard rumours or anything about any of these exams in the lead up before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bored2014

How are you guys brushing up on you FR knowledge? Based on the last steps case anything could come up!

On that extended audit report I mentioned earlier. Taken from Sean Murrays notes on audit reports this year:

"Revision of ISA 700 (19A)
    -Entities required to report on UK Corporate Governance Code.
    -Describe risks which impacted most on audit strategy
    -State materiality threshold
    - overview of scope of the audit"

Does anyone have an example of an audit report like this? I've never come across one in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Abbey14

In last years audit case Sim 3 - Winnfield Plumbing, it says "can you consider the information Doyle ha provided us and make a recommendation to me a to whether or not we can accept this audit engagement"

How do we know not to launch into ISQC1? I correctly answered it as an ethics Q last year but re-reading it I would have done ISQC1.

Also as I did not make conclude on accepting last year it brought me down to NC :(

On that extended audit report I mentioned earlier. Taken from Sean Murrays notes on audit reports this year:

"Revision of ISA 700 (19A)
    -Entities required to report on UK Corporate Governance Code.
    -Describe risks which impacted most on audit strategy
    -State materiality threshold
    - overview of scope of the audit"

Does anyone have an example of an audit report like this? I've never come across one in work.

See page 83-85

http://www.kerrygroup.com/docs/Annual-Report-2014.pdf

Abbey14 wrote: »
    In last years audit case Sim 3 - Winnfield Plumbing, it says "can you consider the information Doyle ha provided us and make a recommendation to me a to whether or not we can accept this audit engagement"

How do we know not to launch into ISQC1? I correctly answered it as an ethics Q last year but re-reading it I would have done ISQC1:(

There were so many ethical issues in this case. I think you've got to think of it on a time basis, to answer all the ethical issues and do ISQC1 in the one indicator it would have been too much. I know what you're saying though, it could potentially be confusing.

How would this come up ?

How would this come up ?

Listed company audit report - additional considerations. Would catch a lot of people repeating as it's a new element this year. Probably won't come up but no harm in having it on file.

Good man Dellboy. It was just something I noticed in the notes and thought 'wtf is that'.

Would hate to wait a year, do all this work and then get sunk by something I didn't even know existed (because it wasn't there last year).

But agree - can't see it coming up beyond possibly what was mentioned above.

Did the 2012 paper today. Jesus, those were different times as far as the audit elective goes.

• Advertisement

So its just ISA 700 Para 19A?

Hopefully this would only be required for HC over the normal C requirnments, so may people would miss it

Did the 2012 paper today. Jesus, those were different times as far as the audit elective goes.

Contents of an engagement letter, items of discussion with client before starting audit and a few basic audit risks and procedures. The institute seriously upped the difficulty after this. Funny how they kept APM the same!

Yeah Happy Holidays is pretty ideal when it comes to non audit stuff

I did all them papers a few weeks ago and thought the same thing !! Massive jump up last year !!what caused it ?? And apm left the same

Literally everyone I know repeating has switched to APM and a few to tax, surely they can't keep having a 25-30% difference in pass rate, there'll be nobody doing it
    I did all them papers a few weeks ago and thought the same thing !! Massive jump up last year !!what caused it ?? And apm left the same

Literally everyone I know repeating has switched to APM and a few to tax, surely they can't keep having a 25-30% difference in pass rate, there'll be nobody doing it

Good for us, APM going down this year, I'd bet my house on it!

I stuck with it , some days I feel mad with that decision but right now I need to be confident !! I'm better than most candidates and I won't be tired come Thursday - hopefully I don't panic and I'll be fine !!!

Expecting apm to drop to 70% , I'd love if audit was that

Yeah I'd say it will, jeaus be absolutely sickend if you switched to APM and the pass rates changed

• Advertisement

Audit should go up a bit though, anyway if I was decile 6 last year and knew feck all, I should be able to sneak into decile 4 or 5

Advertisement