Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE Advanced Audit elective

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 The Sceptic

Can anybody post the stats for pass rates etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

ACCA it is - although might have an ol whack off the APM elective next year

Yeah they usually go up straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Not until the institute release them on the website which will more than likely be later tiday

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Bas***d of an elective!!! Passed core but failed elective. That's travel plans on hold for another year!!! Got sufficicency 2 - is there any point in getting rechecked or will it just be a waste of even more money?!

• Advertisement

donnem33 wrote: »
    Bas***d of an elective!!! Passed core but failed elective. That's travel plans on hold for another year!!! Got sufficicency 2 - is there any point in getting rechecked or will it just be a waste of even more money?!

I'm not even going to bother giving them more money for the recheck, I got sufficiency 2 also. I got it checked last year and no change.

Torres999 wrote: »
    I'm not even going to bother giving them more money for the recheck, I got sufficiency 2 also. I got it checked last year and no change.

Interesting to note that you can view your script this year and have 1 person accompanying you

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AuditAgain

Passed, decile 2.

Torres999, really annoyed for you and anyone that didn't get it. The difference between this time and the times I didn't get the elective is in no way down to my ability IMO. Anyone that gets as far as the FAE's has achieved enough to get that qualification. It's just a case of going rounds with the institute until they stop acting the bollox. I still don't think the institute conduct the exam process well at all.

It can have a real impact on your confidence and you really shouldn't let it. Don't let it hold you back for even a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Interesting to note that you can view your script this year and have 1 person accompanying you

Another revenue stream sher.

For those of us facing the elective again in 2016...are you considering sticking with audit or jumping ship to apm/tax?

This will be my 3rd attempt and dont think I could face another year of it! although I havent fully decided..I am leaning towards switching to apm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

For those of us facing the elective again in 2016...are you considering sticking with audit or jumping ship to apm/tax?

This will be my 3rd attempt and dont think I could face another year of it! although I havent fully decided..I am leaning towards switching to apm

I would stick with it.

1. You will have to put as much work into a new elective as you will into revising Audit Elective for round 3, maybe even more.
    2. You have to enroll on the elective course with the first timers and meet the attendance requirements. This means time. This means money.
    3. Tax & APM have stepped up a notch. Just my opinion.

Audit elective is without a doubt the more difficult one though, so I understand. Where do you think your strengths are? How you get on in core?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

This will be my third attempt in audit . Anyone thinking of doing revision course in the institute ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 colint104

Anyone any ideas of how to pass this exam?

Advertisement