Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Mayo v Donegal, Saturday 6pm *NO STREAMS*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

STB. wrote: »
    Donegal at least know now where they stand. There has been an awful lot of talk about how fantastic they are this year by deluded posters who couldnt see the signs.

Mayo were fanstastic today. However, they took their foot off the gas. They had finished off Donegal 10 minutes into the second half. For that Donegal should be thankful as it could have been a right thumping if they had seen the game out clinically. The scoreboard in no way displays Mayo's dominance today.

Mayo vs Dublin semi will be a right hummdinger.

STB reads a parallel universe Donegal GAA forum, all doom and gloom in our thread this year.

One moment of class from O'Shea was the big difference, and a bit of luck just killed the game. We just haven't had the scoring threat this year to be serious contenders. Gallagher was well marked as well, never got into the game properly.

If Mayo are as good defensively against the Dubs they stand a right chance.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

STB. wrote: »
    Donegal at least know now where they stand. There has been an awful lot of talk about how fantastic they are this year by deluded posters who couldnt see the signs.

Mayo were fanstastic today. However, they took their foot off the gas. They had finished off Donegal 10 minutes into the second half. For that Donegal should be thankful as it could have been a right thumping if they had seen the game out clinically. The scoreboard in no way displays Mayo's dominance today.

Mayo vs Dublin semi will be a right hummdinger.

show me a few posts were Donegal fans thought they were fantastic,
    some donegal fan must have had a go at you in 2012 or something.

they are a shadow of 2012.

the semis is the only real test for top teams.

mayo were poor in the first half until AOS popped in that goal , they seem to find there stride from then on, but as with most cases of going 8 points up they eased up, but were never ever even remotely pulled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Keane shouldnt have reacted. The game was won. Silly behaviour and now it has cost him, regardless of Murphy's punishment

Have to agree, Keane should have been smarter than that. Had a great view of it from where I was in the cusack stand, I knew as soon as I saw it he was getting a red card. Murphy should have gotten a yellow as well but at that point the game was already over, which makes Keane's behaviour all the more baffling.

Happy enough with the the win. A few bits and pieces to be improved on and Cillian had an off day. He may have that out of the way now as we'll need him back on his A game for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Despite not being from Mayo, I was furious to see Keane laughing as he left the field.

Regardless whether it was deserved or not, he ruled himself out of one of the most important games of his career, with seconds to go in a match that they had comprehensively won.

Laughing would be the last thing on my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,027 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Despite not being from Mayo, I was furious to see Keane laughing as he left the field.

Regardless whether it was deserved or not, he ruled himself out of one of the most important games of his career, with seconds to go in a match that they had comprehensively won.

Totally agree with that.

Hopefully management let him know about it after.

Short on cover in the full back line now, hopefully Cafferkey stays fit and has another good day v Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Was a bit disappointed in that myself. To be fair to Ger Caff, he has shipped a lot of criticism, much of which has been unfair. He was exceptional last night I thought. Showed a lot of his form from a few years ago, hope he's back to his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Tickets for semi on sale through gaa website already

Reckon that will be a full house

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

timmyntc wrote: »
    Any/all hands to the face/head are straight reds. Maybe the rule doesn't extend down as far as the neck. I think the only people with the right to complain today about refereeing would be Monaghan re: Tiernan McCanns hairdo incident

Jaysus if those were always applied the likes of Ciaran Whelan would never have had a career.
    Peist2007 wrote: »
    Yup and then appoint another Meath ref to truly stick the knife in against the Dubs. At least it keeps Meath relevant in the latter stages of the championship i guess :)

I don't remember Meathmen doing Mayo many favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

jmayo wrote: »
    Jaysus if those were always applied the likes of Ciaran Whelan would never have had a career.

It was a stone marvel how many times he managed to avoid getting sent off throughout his career. I remember there was one patch where he seemed to somehow dodge getting sent off in every 2nd game he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Where can I see highlights of the game yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,027 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

jenno86 wrote: »
    Where can I see highlights of the game yesterday?

Sunday Game, 9.30 RTE 2, but it will be closer to 10,30 before they star showing football as there will be hurling on first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭threeball

P_Cash wrote: »
    Tickets for semi on sale through gaa website already

Reckon that will be a full house

Dublin could be playing Kilkenny footballers in AI semi and it would still be a full house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Ah to be fair, laughter is a reaction that can happen when you don't know how to feel. Ever been in a car crash? I've been in a couple and the weird thing is people often laugh when they realise no one is hurt.
    I'm sure he didn't find the whole thing hilarious, just thought the decision was mad, which wasn't I suppose.
    None of us go through the range of emotions those lads do and it would be wrong of us to apply every day standards to them.

I'd say the same for Murphy's grabbing of the neck, I would wager it was pure emotion and frustration and can't imagine he would be thinking forward to someone not playing in the next game. It would make you an immeasurable **** if so and I like to think most of these lads have some respect for each other (!)

Advertisement