Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charging for charging is on the way???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers Mad_Lad,

While I'm thinking about it, another question. Will your charging access card be tied to your domestic account?

Roen wrote: »
    Cheers Mad_Lad,

While I'm thinking about it, another question. Will your charging access card be tied to your domestic account?

Yes, that's the plan but previously the card readers were not reliable but on the Naas unit I've never had a problem and it may only have been related to the older units.

Regarding the price that's only a guess, God only knows what the real cost will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ah, so someone like me who doesn't have an account with the ESB (bills paid through landlord) could be in trouble?
    I'm sure I can work something out when the time comes though. I mean I can't be the only person in the country renting. It'll be interesting when I do phone them though. I just know it will be "eehhhhh, I'll ring you back".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Is this definite?

The letter I got from NIE just said that charging "may be a possibility" at the end of 2016.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is this definite?

The letter I got from NIE just said that charging "may be a possibility" at the end of 2016.

Not definite, but highly likely. It can't continue to be free and it should stop people using the chargers for their own personal use when they could otherwise charge at home and while I don't care about someone getting free electricity, I do myself, I do have an issue when someone abandons their EV while someone who needs it can't charge, no note on the dash or anything. This can't continue. But at least I haven't had the experience in Naas in a few weeks so the message might finally be getting through. (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Roen wrote: »
    Ah, so someone like me who doesn't have an account with the ESB (bills paid through landlord) could be in trouble?
    I'm sure I can work something out when the time comes though. I mean I can't be the only person in the country renting. It'll be interesting when I do phone them though. I just know it will be "eehhhhh, I'll ring you back".

they should have a system in place for this, they will allow visitors from the UK and Europe use the system, so I see no reason why they would not allow some one like you have an account, electric cars will be a nice earner for them why would they turn away any paying customer

the only draw back is that people without an ESB account may be charged more

Advertisement