Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GvidoR wrote: »
    Castlebar, you say? Interesting.

Was it synthetic ice? They sell that type of flooring for training purposes but they dull down the skate blades after a while, but it's supposed to be very similar to real ice while the skates are sharp.

It wasn't ice at all it was plastic tiles, this was Christmas 6 years ago. I see in Galway the past few years they have real ice for a few weeks, but it is jammed, never went but I passed it a few times and seen it was jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I imagine it is quite plastic-ish. The synthetic ice looks like this

2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Did Galway on ice last December, absolutely mental craic, takes a bit of getting used to, but I took to it like a duck to water. Didn't fall on my arse once. Wish I could say the same for some of the boys 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

What bloody Pandora's box have I opened by mentioning sport loosely.

I'm kinda glad you did. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

CIP4 wrote: »
    Anyone use these air freshners I normally use magic tree one but I don't like things hanging from the mirror and find the clip type magic tree ones don't last as long.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=212553&productId=1008082&storeId=11101

Yea I had the black cherry Yankee candle ones in the Astra, very handy and the scent isn't too strong either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I would rather that than smelling the previous owners farts

That made me giggle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads ye haven't lived until you're skating around an ice rink in Germany knocking the **** out of your school mates to the sound of Rammstein's "Tier" blasting through the PA system :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Guess who forgot to pay his M50 toll again. This guy! Don't think I've ever managed to do it by the next day :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Guess who forgot to pay his M50 toll again. This guy! Don't think I've ever managed to do it by the next day :pac:

Video account FTW.

• Advertisement

Been there. :o

As you're driving through you're thinking "Ofcourse I'll remember" and then the next thing you know is getting the letter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

My record is 5 in a row :D

OSI wrote:
    Was home at the weekend, and was chatting to my Dad who is looking to move on from his 2012 A6. Was expecting him to say he'd move on to an A7 which he's been eyeballing for a while, or maybe even a Jag

Nope. Wants a Mustang. In triple yellow. Like this one:

Apparently they're not taking orders till April, and not expecting delivery till September which is a while to wait. But will be so worth it

Just looking through the first few pages of this thread (time for a new one methinks)

Stumbled across this post. Did this ever materialise OSI, or did things change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

GvidoR wrote: »
    Been there. :o

As you're driving through you're thinking "Ofcourse I'll remember" and then the next thing you know is getting the letter. :rolleyes:

I forgot, then moved house... was reminded by other people talking several months later. Panic!!!! Thought I'd have to get a mortgage to pay them.

Turns out the previous owner of my car had credit on that number plate still. Lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

@ OSI - try these dudes in the UK. Will save on shipping / customs. Tell them you're in a car club and they'll give you a discount.

Very good to deal with.

http://www.northhantstyres.com

I was looking to get brake discs for the 335 from a US site a few years ago. The cost of shipping exceeded the cost of the discs. I think it would cost an absolute fortune if your dad were to import wheels from the US.

Wheels aren't tooooo bad. Try importing rear leaf springs. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I wouldn't even attempt to remember to pay it. Account all the way even do I probably don't go through it 10 times in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

:D a big Package arrived at my house, Id say they are my wheels. Will have to wait until after work to know for sure.

:D a big Package arrived at my house, Id say they are my wheels. Will have to wait until after work to know for sure.

Only car people know how much that kind of a wait hurts and drags out :(

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    The 50c a month is worth the tag just to be able to pop into the express lane and back out and up to 160 120 again before the rest have even come to a stop at the change booth.

M50 change booth?

Augeo wrote: »
    M50 change booth?

Pretty sure he didn't mean the '50.

Pretty sure you know that.

Big Nasty wrote:
    Pretty sure he didn't mean the '50.

Is there no change given on the M50?

Is there no change given on the M50?

Sure there is.

You pay in a shop and they'll give you your change. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Wheels aren't tooooo bad. Try importing rear leaf springs. :eek:

Just find an oxcart and off ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Importing leaf springs for a transit. Heard it all now.

Interslice wrote: »
    Importing leaf springs for a transit. Heard it all now.

Who did that? :eek:

2015 Suzuki Mehran comes with leaf springs. :P

280px-Suzuki_Mehran_2012.jpeg

What's the difference between that and a 25 y/o Alto?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Big Nasty wrote: »
    What's the difference between that and a 25 y/o Alto?
    Manufacturing date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement