Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EL VY - Dec 13th - Vicar Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Toast wrote: »
    The week of the gig is when most will go up. Many people won't sell if they can't go until then in case a friend wants them etc. There probably won't be enough for everyone who is looking but given it is a Sunday and around Christmas there will be plenty of extended hangovers from office parties and colds to make people reconsider leaving the house on the night.
    It's like you predicted my future. Sad to be missing out on what will be a fantastic gig but happy to be giving the tickets to someone who'll make good use of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

monkey9 wrote: »
    Any word on who's playing support?

Stage Times from Aiken's twitter :

Penny Serfs 8pm

El Vy 9.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

lc180 wrote: »
    Stage Times from Aiken's twitter :

Penny Serfs 8pm

El Vy 9.15pm

Great, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

I hate giving the fux business but touts have tix outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Few on toutless too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The second last song, No Time to Crank the Sun was the highlight for me.
    Great gig and can't wait until the National are touring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

monkey9 wrote: »

Gonna be at work tomorrow, wreaked tired with that bloody song stuck in my head! Really great cover and really good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Really enjoyed the gig. Sometimes it is better to get an hour of quality than 2 hours of mediocre. I really just wanted to hear No time to crank the sun. That is my favourite song on the album by a mile. Up there with best of The National songs. And can’t believe the shush that there was for it, considering there were a few people around me who were having the chats for a lot of the gig. Great occasion overall. Wonder what their plan is now. He mentioned about making another album at the end, but not sure if it was just made in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Really enjoyed that last night. The band got a fantastic reaction from the crowd at the end which was total validation of them giving us an hour of amazing music, great value for 25 quid. I really hope they come back with another album soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

The live show definitely played into the whole concept of the album in the way Matt was dressed and acting as well as the whole live stream thing. The quieter moments such as No Time to Crank the Sun and It's a Game really landed with the audience too. Actually starting with Careless seemed strange to me considering it's the last track on the album, I guess they wanted to avoid just playing their way through it from start to finish with room for a cover. The music sounded great live too, hat's off to Brent Knopf and the band, one of my favourite gigs this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Incredible gig, loved every minute of it. They were so good live! The sound was perfect, first time at Vicar Street, a quality venue. Some change in Matt, looked such an introvert with The National, now a comedian oozing with confidence :P Was very funny in parts! Agree with above poster, Careless was a strange opener, and it wouldn't have been my favourite song on the album, but it was fantastic live! I'm The Man To Be was probably my highlight - mainly becauase I got to sing "my dicks in sunlight" along with thousands of people :P Hopefully another album indeed!

Advertisement