Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 EUR Free with KBC Student Account or Free Flights

Options
  • 06-08-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭

Free €100 or free flights of you adhere to the below terms ...
    When you open & use a KBC Student current account, you can choose between €100 or 2 free European return flights to 1 of 9 destinations!
    When you open a KBC Student Current Account, you can choose one of two great rewards: €100 or 2 free return flights to Berlin, Liverpool, London, Amsterdam, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Frankfurt or Brussels. (Departing from Dublin. Flights from other airports may incur a supplement charge). On opening the account, you get €40 or 1 free return flight.

If you use your KBC debit card 10 times by December 31st 2015, you then get the remaining €60 or a second return flight, depending on which offer you opted for. Easier than rocket science or whatever course you chose!
    Once you open your account, you’ll be sent an SMS with a code, along with a url for the redemption site. Simply input your code and follow the instructions on screen. Once you’ve completed your 10 debit card transactions by December 31st 2015, you’ll be sent another code to redeem the second part of your reward.
    Please be sure to select "Student" as your occupation on our application form to avail of the student current account.
    Free banking is available to full-time third level students aged 17 or over attending an Irish third level institution in a course for more than 21 hours each week and the duration of the course must be at least one academic year.
    You must open a KBC student current account between the 4th of August and the 31st of October 2015 and conduct at least 10 debit card transactions by 31st December 2015 in order to qualify for the second part of the reward offering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This is far from a BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

RossieMan wrote: »
    This is far from a BA.

It is. Last years KBC student offer generated a lot of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Seems like a good deal, however the fact that they don't use VISA cards at all turns me off switching. I get free banking all year round with AIB anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

Thanks OP!! I was too lazy to switch last year and regretted it after.Online application now complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Does it take long for the offer to be sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Flights looks suspiciously like the FREE flights offer from the Indo earlier this year which were not easy to book.
    Flights departures are from Dublin. Other departure airports may be available at a supplement cost.
    When you redeem the Offer you will be asked to complete an online flight application. On receipt of the online flight application, the Promoter will contact you within 14 days with your Flight Offer details.
    When completing your online flight application you must give three alternative destinations and three alternative months of travel. There can be no guarantee that your requested choices of destinations and/or dates available at time of booking, nor can we guarantee travel on a specific route or on a specific date.
    The Flight Offer is not valid for travel during the Christmas, New Year, Easter and Bank Holiday periods.
    Group bookings do not apply for students who have individual codes and want to travel together in a group. This means that if a group of students all have codes and want to travel together this may not be possible as it does not apply to group bookings.
    When applying for your flight, an additional passenger may travel with you for a set rate of €79 return, plus airport taxes and any applicable handling fees. Any further additional passengers will pay the standard airfare and taxes that apply at the time of booking.
    Free flight bookings do not include luggage check-in costs which may be incurred by certain airlines.
    The flight Offer is operated by Sweete Ltd., in conjunction with travel partner Platinum Travel TA0634.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i signed up for this last year, twas handy money,
    is there any way i can sign up again or is it a one time only deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

i signed up for this last year, twas handy money,
    is there any way i can sign up again or is it a one time only deal

Someone said if you close and reopen your account you can do it. Im not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just set-up mine today - seems pretty straightforward. Went to a 'hub' and provided a copy of the documents up-front, so should receive the debit card and account info in the post over the next couple of days. Also found out that the account doesn't lapse like AIB...where you are upgraded to a graduate account after so many years...apparently you retain student status for years to come, free fees and all :)

As a side-note query: my cousin finished a masters in computer engineering last year, would he still be eligible to set up an account does anyone know. My student card was not requested today, but he was a mature student (39 years old :P) so wonder would he be required to provide proper ID (in-person or online). No biggie if not, just querying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

how do you prove that you are a student?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Are the accounts easy to close?

It'll be the 3rd account I'll have open (BOI, AIB, possibly KBC) and I just dont want to be stung with fees after I'm not a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

neacy69 wrote: »
    how do you prove that you are a student?

Student card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Shame it's not open for second level but I know of a good few people going into college shortly so will let them know.

Thanks OP!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Shame it's not open for second level but I know of a good few people going into college shortly so will let them know.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

Anyone opened this and received their Flight / Cash?
    (i'm a bit of skeptic...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

McGilla wrote: »

I got it a few years ago. But I got €50 within a few months of the account and other really quickly after christmas

Yep, opened it a few weeks ago.... Took a few days to get the letters in the post for the debit card, pin, online banking Id and activation code.....
    Received a text message to activate my student offer....chose the cash as opposed to the flights.....
    Received my €40.00 on the 27/08/2015 :)

(Should receive the remaining €60.00 in Jan after completing the debit card transactions)

Go for it if you have active student account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How do you prove you're a student?

Photocopy of a student ID is it?

How do you prove you're a student?

Photocopy of a student ID is it?
    yep, I registered at a hub, but you can forward documentation online also.

Yep, opened it a few weeks ago.... Took a few days to get the letters in the post for the debit card, pin, online banking Id and activation code.....
    Received a text message to activate my student offer....chose the cash as opposed to the flights.....
    Received my €40.00 on the 27/08/2015 :)

(Should receive the remaining €60.00 in Jan after completing the debit card transactions)

Go for it if you have active student account.

Sounds good - always good to take the cash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Has anyone booked flights? Is there any catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cosmos49

Takes ages to get a/c. I opened a/c in Stillorgan two weeks ago (Fri 4 sep)Got nothing from them yet ...not even a txt. does it normally take this long??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Has anyone booked flights? Is there any catch?

Run by the same crowd that run the Indo flights offer :eek:.
    Not going to be the easiest thing to get the flights you want.

Read the T&C's here
    https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/student-banking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

cosmos49 wrote: »
    Takes ages to get a/c. I opened a/c in Stillorgan two weeks ago (Fri 4 sep)Got nothing from them yet ...not even a txt. does it normally take this long??

Took a good while for me, applied online 12th August, spoke to them on the phone that day, sent all the docs by email the next day, waited... Queried it early September, sent all the docs again and received notification today the account is open. You may be waiting...

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Run by the same crowd that run the Indo flights offer :eek:.
    Not going to be the easiest thing to get the flights you want.

Read the T&C's here
    https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/student-banking

Take the cash - its a bank - cash should be quick and easy rather than messy flight application!

Eh...anyone having trouble getting their Cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Eh...anyone having trouble getting their Cash?

Applied for mine last Friday. Said up to 10 working days so gonna give it until the 20th anyway.

Applied for mine last Friday. Said up to 10 working days so gonna give it until the 20th anyway.

Cool - appreciate any info you get!

Now 6/10/15 one month after applying.Still no txt or doc from KBc.Will i have time to do all the transactions for the rewards.????

• Advertisement

Now 6/10/15 one month after applying.Still no txt or doc from KBc.Will i have time to do all the transactions for the rewards.????

Finally got them on phone. Schools must be approved by KBC as third level colleges even if they give 3rd level qualifications.My collage isent registered so i dont qualiify for student account. Is this correct/fair ??

Advertisement