Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Job - no accomadation

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Suggest you ring HR and tell them you are finding it difficult to source accommodation - have they any advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SystemsGuy

BabySlam wrote: »
    Suggest you ring HR and tell them you are finding it difficult to source accommodation - have they any advice...

Rang HR last week, completely dead end, no advice. No one at work knows of anyone letting rooms. Sick feeling in my mouth forking out €490 for a B&B yesterday for a weeks stay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

This one said they don't offer any service for new hires whatsoever. Praying something comes up this week as I'm using my deposit money to pay for B&B's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

SystemsGuy wrote: »
    Rang HR last week, completely dead end, no advice. No one at work knows of anyone letting rooms. Sick feeling in my mouth forking out €490 for a B&B yesterday for a weeks stay :(

Is that for 4,5 or 7 nights stay ?

Seems pricey enough

no relatives /friends in Dublin who could give you a couch for a couple of nights ?

if you dont mind a dormitary the hostels will usally do a week 7 nights for under 200

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

What area are you aiming for/going to be working in?

I did ask what area you were aiming for. If you tell us, maybe we could assist you. I know I have a spare room.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

Don't fork out 500 per week. Move as far out as you need to to get accommodation at a reasonable price. Get a short-term/flexible house share and commute until you find something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

yet again where is the job and boardsies may be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Try the student residents halls - ucd / trinity / Griffith etc - they rent rooms out during the summer for short term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I am DEADLY serious. Give us a clue to what you need. I am sure there would be no end of people who would let you stay for a few quid until you got sorted. Hell, I had tenants in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

No offence but you come across as a bit useless.

While the rental market in Dublin has gotten tougher in the past few years you should have found somewhere easily after looking for two months. A quick search on daft shows around 200 rooms on offer just in the north side of the city for 500euro or less. Keep applying, you´ll get one eventually

And if you´re paying 490 for a week´s B&B then more fool you.
    There are ample places to stay in the city for less than half that for a week.
    For example, you could stay in a hostel such as Barnacles for 85 per week
    http://www.barnacles.ie/long-stay-offer-2/
    Or in a cheaper b&b if you dont fancy a hostel

That's absurd. On AirBnB you can get a double ensuite room, smack bang in the centre of Dublin, for @ €30 a night and it's even cheaper outside the city.

Also, when you say you were looking for 2 months, did that include a trip to Dublin or were you "looking" from Mayo? It'll be much easier to find accommodation now that you're in Dublin.

That's absurd. On AirBnB you can get a double ensuite room, smack bang in the centre of Dublin, for @ €30 a night and it's even cheaper outside the city.

Also, when you say you were looking for 2 months, did that include a trip to Dublin or were you "looking" from Mayo? It'll be much easier to find accommodation now that you're in Dublin.

Yes it included several trips to Dublin to view houses which turned up fruitless.

Had a viewing yesterday evening and put down a deposit. Finally have somewhere to call home :)

Advertisement