Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd v Tottenham

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we played okay
    Utd were poor
    probabaly should have been a draw
    awful mistake by bentaleb
    we will finish 6th this season - Sooooooooooooooooo boring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think people are being a bit harsh on Bentaleb. There were plenty of opportunities to prevent the goal after he gave the ball away. The whole defence was caught dozing. Walker made a good effort to block, and it turned into a jammy goal.

Midfielders give the ball away all the time, for instance Schneiderlin gave it away to Eriksen, but it didn't lead to a goal, and I've heard Schneiderlin referred to as man of the match.

unforced error - under no pressure - totally careless - it should not have happened

if he doesn't give the ball away they don't score and it's a 0-0 draw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ormus wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit harsh on Bentaleb

He has a habit of gifting the ball away in dangerous area's. Or playing a pass blindly. I'm not sure of his role, what's he meant to be. He's a talent, but that was his worst game for Tottenham.

He never broke stride once, jogged around, didn't tackle or track back. If your playing in midfield, then your gonna take some heat.

unforced error - under no pressure - totally careless - it should not have happened

if he doesn't give the ball away they don't score and it's a 0-0 draw

Football doesn't work like that. If he doesn't give the ball away and the defence wasn't dozing and Walker wasn't so unlucky, the goal doesn't happen, the match takes an entirely different path, United would have pressed a lot more in the second half, nobody knows what the score would have been.

Mistakes should never happen, but if they didn't, almost every game would be 0-0.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He has a habit of gifting the ball away in dangerous area's. Or playing a pass blindly. I'm not sure of his role, what's he meant to be. He's a talent, but that was his worst game for Tottenham.

He never broke stride once, jogged around, didn't tackle or track back. If your playing in midfield, then your gonna take some heat.

He's a holding midfielder.

That's simply not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

That was his 3RD time in 25 mins to carelessly give the ball away....didnt get punished the 2 previous times.

I like him, but my jaysis he was very lacksa daisickle!

Football doesn't work like that. If he doesn't give the ball away and the defence wasn't dozing and Walker wasn't so unlucky, the goal doesn't happen, the match takes an entirely different path, United would have pressed a lot more in the second half, nobody knows what the score would have been.

Mistakes should never happen, but if they didn't, almost every game would be 0-0.

Unforced errors like Bentaleb's should never happen and when they do the player involved should get a bollocking for it - that's whats happening here.

his mistake caused the goal (or at the very least gave Utd a platform from which to score their goal) - it was a shockingly bad pass under no pressure and it fúcked us up big time

Unforced errors like Bentaleb's should never happen and when they do the player involved should get a bollocking for it - that's whats happening here.

his mistake caused the goal (or at the very least gave Utd a platform from which to score their goal) - it was a shockingly bad pass under no pressure and it fúcked us up big time

Eh this is an internet forum. You haven't actually given the player a bollocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Playing Dier in front of the back 4 is not going to work. If the opposition are playing with 1 striker, we are killing ourselves playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with Dier as part of the '2'. A lot of blame being put on Bentaleb, but I think the game completely bypassed Dier which probably put a lot of pressure on Bentaleb. I really feel we missed Rose and Trippier forward movement on Saturday. Lamela, poor, poor Lamela! He looks like a headless peacock on the pitch and is almost a certainty for a yellow with some sort of clumsy challenge.

• Advertisement

Eh this is an internet forum. You haven't actually given the player a bollocking.

what would you call it, a critique ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

I just cant see Lamalla coming good at all. I have no faith what so ever in him. Hopefully im wrong

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

When you see dembele starting it's a sign we haven't moved on one bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hatch99 wrote: »
    When you see dembele starting it's a sign we haven't moved on one bit...

Why? What did Dembele do that was so wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

irishmover wrote: »

More what he hasn't done id say!

He's been brutal for 2 years now... Offers nothing to the side... Sell him now while we'll get decent money for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He's been brutal for 2 years now... Offers nothing to the side... Sell him now while we'll get decent money for him

Yeh alright he's been poor but he didn't have any worse of a game than Kane, Lamela, Bentaleb et al..

Our entire front 6 was poor in general but Dembele didn't actually do that bad in comparison.

Everyone was so excited to see all these midfielder leave but who do we have left to play in the middle? Mason was just back from an injury and until Carroll, Pritchard or Alli prove they're capable of playing midfield against a team like Man United there was no other option but Dembele.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

We played a 4-2-3-1 formation on Saturday. Would have liked to have seen Trippier, Verts, Alderwierald, Rose as the 4. Dembele and Bentaleb as the 2 with the understanding that one of them needs to get forward and one of them needs to be semi-defensive! Chadli on the left, Eriksen on the right, with Mason/Alli/AN Other in the middle, pushing on 100%. Kane.
    Would like to see him try 3-2-3-1-1. Verts, Alder, Dier, Trippier, Rose, Chadli, Alli, Eriksen, AN Other, Kane.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Pritchard scored 2 the other day against Evertons 21s...

Reckon he'll take someones spot on the bench in the early weeks of September.

Yeh alright he's been poor but he didn't have any worse of a game than Kane, Lamela, Bentaleb et al..

Our entire front 6 was poor in general but Dembele didn't actually do that bad in comparison.

Everyone was so excited to see all these midfielder leave but who do we have left to play in the middle? Mason was just back from an injury and until Carroll, Pritchard or Alli prove they're capable of playing midfield against a team like Man United there was no other option but Dembele.

It's not just saturday that I'm having a go about, I have gone on record many times as saying it.....he has done nothing for us for so long. He looks like has so much ability, strength skill, a lovely left foot, but continues to fail to deliver. He's not going to change now, sell him and get 10m.

• Advertisement
Advertisement