Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you go school in Waterford?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I’d say he probably at least got ‘verbally abused’ by x-student/ parent of x student…..but it’s amazing how in most circumstances/situations these type of guys remain untouchable and because of the company / acquaintances they keep/have people generally leave them alone…..that monster J savile being the ultimate extreme example of how far it is possible to be a complete monster/abomination of a human yet remain above the law due to the network of VIP ‘s that he knew.

I also had a browse of mr o Dohertys web site….I’d have to say even without the context/background to the guy that I’ve been given in this thread I’ve never read such ott repetitive bullshit, full of narcissism, self congratulatory back slapping about number of ultra iron man’s and marathons done etc there is also an extensive list of his media appearances and companies and individuals he has helped reach their ‘Everest’…….one is left absolutely blown away..😀

Post edited by Asdfgh2020 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Gardner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Too many snake oil salesman selling quacks. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is a "motivational speaker", no matter what a dubious background they have. Serious Wolf of Wall Street vibes from that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Couldn't help posting after reading the life coach stuff. Life coach is the escape room for people who can't hack it in the real world. You know the one where you have to 'get a job'.I know two here where I live now in the Netherlands. One (American) spent a couple of years living rent free in the house of a female friend of his who looked after him after his wife divorced him. A very nice but insecure person who ended up falling for him. He repaid her by telling everyone "in confidence" how needy she was.

The second was a woman I almost dated who was one of the most miserable people I ever met despite having a comfortable life. If course all of her problems were sown to capitalism and the patriarchy. She wrote a children's book called "the castrated ones" (rough translation). It is definitely a David Brent career move for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I was a Boarder in the 70's and at that time 3rd years slept in a big house out the back of the sports hall, we were 5 to a room and I think there were 6/8 rooms. I can't remember if he supervised that house all the time or some of it but if there was any messing after lights out and he was there, we were walked across a tarmac area, car park or something like that to the showers that were near the sports hall. We had to strip completely and have a cold shower and were not allowed to turn our back to him when showering.

• Advertisement

I think some Boarders who had him as Junior Dean in the mid '70's would have a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus that's horrific and surprising to hear about Br Damien

Remember mid 90s he was head in St Stephens. Think I would of been in 1st or 2nd class. He then went on/back to DLS college

Just to be clear, Br D wasn't the one who I was referring to about the late night shower, it was a Br mentioned a few posts earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jesus, these stories are just disturbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I never got the love for Brother Damien on this thread. I personally found him an ignorant prick and he had one face for the staff and journalists anytime he was interviewed by local newspapers but quite a different face for the pupils in the school whom he had almost a contempt for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

That’s kind of disturbing to hear and a lot worse than the post PE shower routine I described……unfortunately in this era as we know children and young teens wouldn’t have been believed if they reported it/made a complaint…….think the same brother died fairly prematurely following an incident with a chainsaw in another location/school.

Post edited by Asdfgh2020 on

Advertisement