Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stobart Aircraft questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Only the best for us down here boy,,, you can keep your A330s and 757s, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Saw this on Facebook on the Irish Aviation Leadership Group page, nice promo for Stobart :-)

http://newsletter.stobartair.com/files/2016-08_1_Video_Stobart_Air.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 23,312 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The ATRs appear to need to be flown nose down almost into the runway compared to a typical jet landing.
    certainly they appear to use much less / much later flare on landing.
    I'd that my imagination or why does that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

mickdw wrote: »
    The ATRs appear to need to be flown nose down almost into the runway compared to a typical jet landing.
    certainly they appear to use much less / much later flare on landing.
    I'd that my imagination or why does that happen?

They are not jets and also don't have leading-edge slats. Here are some example of other turboprops with a nose-down final approach profile.

6142229858_554c1bf4e4_z.jpgG-BCDN F27-200 by Irish251, on Flickr
    6141676643_00ae8f6612_z.jpg5A-DBN F27-600 by Irish251, on Flickr
    5402905622_1f53fc0eda_z.jpgG-APEM V953F Merchantman by Irish251, on Flickr
    6522417293_1caabaaf3c_z.jpgEI-BGO CL-44J by Irish251, on Flickr

Flew from Southampton to Cork with them at the weekend, we were 25 minutes late departing due to them trying to get the weight balance right. They kept moving passengers to different parts of the plane until they were satisfied, made me quite nervous the whole thing did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

roundymac wrote: »
    Flew from Southampton to Cork with them at the weekend, we were 25 minutes late departing due to them trying to get the weight balance right. They kept moving passengers to different parts of the plane until they were satisfied, made me quite nervous the whole thing did.

Couldn't the same thing happen on any aircraft though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

This happens on A320s and A321s too !!!

Never seen it happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Never seen it happen before.

Yeah, had a similar experience on a NAX 737-800 from LYR to OSL a few years back.

Got a row entirely to myself up the front end.

Great Wifi :)

Anyone seen or heard of EI-CBK since it went off the runway in Donegal back in September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

it returned to service alright after that, but is gone again. it left Dublin on the 30th of October as STK100M to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,116 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would assume that with the full schedule + the Flybe stuff out of SEN (if that isn't pulled) they are going to need the full complement of aircraft - is another going to be found?

Not a huge cost operating cost difference between an old -42 and a new(er) -72 on the PSO routes - extra crew the biggest one - but a huge difference in costs between owned and a new leased craft.

Just saw on Instagram that it's been scrapped and that EHH is soon to follow. But it's from a very unofficial source so may just be speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

This site lists EI-CBK as on maintenance but that may be an interim stage:
    https://www.mgl-spotter.de/mgl-movements/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The 100M call sign would back that up. hopefully it will return.

EI-CBK back in service today, serviced Dublin-Kerry and Dublin-Isle of Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

Anybody know where they are sourcing the Embraers from ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Cant see a general Stobart thread so using this one as it seems most relevant.....

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0606/880511-stobart-air-to-invest-25m-as-part-of-growth-plan/
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/stobart-air-to-add-jet-aircraft-to-fleet-as-part-of-25m-expansion-1.3108670

Sounds like the recruitment was kicked off a long time ago and is close to completion

Article also references the two new Embraer E195 jet that were previously mentioned. Big change of direction for Stobart, having just ATRs in the fleet provided huge efficiencies so adding 2 jets will cause operations plenty of new challenges including maintenance / staffing etc

As part of its expansion plans, the airline is to add two jet aircraft to its fleet for the first time, which it says will allow it to fly more passengers on longer distances.

While jets will be located in Southend I'd imagine they will partly be used to fend off cityjet trying to get in on the EI regional work once contract comes up for renewal as it will prove their ability to run jets.

Advertisement