Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,763 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan, don’t pretend to care about sport. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Distinctly Irish.
    The fabric of the country
    Late Late Show
    Gay people are great
    Plug for RTE player
    Daniel o connell show
    John creedon show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Okay I know there are people sleeping on the streets, but the most concerning issue in Ireland is the stupid names that they give to the housing estates.

The famine

Change the record

He’s right about ‘Joker’, though.

Looks absolutely amazing.

• Advertisement

Another f**king apologist for the criminals in charge of the prison. What about the victims of their crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Intrigued?

Intrigued?

He was talking about how ‘thrilling’ the Dublin/Kerry match was...knowing full well that he was probably watching a ‘Mad Men’ box set at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

sligojoek wrote: »
    Distinctly Irish.
    The fabric of the country
    Late Late Show
    Gay people are great
    Plug for RTE player
    Daniel o connell show
    John creedon show.

His fanciful image of Irishness is hard to stomach at the best of times, but Brexit has given him an excuse to go to town on it. Just wait for the LLS.

It's an intriguing insight into the mind of a very privileged individual who is completely disconnected from the reality of the country we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He was talking about how ‘thrilling’ the Dublin/Kerry match was...knowing full well that he was probably watching a ‘Mad Men’ box set at the time.

It's worse than listening to my Ma talking about sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe Duffy talking about sport is unintentional comedy gold. I didn't hear Tubs yesterday but can't imagine he's much better.

Pence has closer Irish connections than Obama ever had.

The Second Lady and the Vice President
    Air Force 1, Air Force 2
    Doonbeg
    Trump impression
    Aren't photgraphs amazing?
    Reminds me of this guy:
    fast-show-300x116.jpg

Jeremy Corbyn looks demented.
    Echo chamber.
    Carry on Barbara Windsor, Boris Johnson
    Always intrigues me.....
    Pontificiating
    Support local businesses
    I was pan-fried this morning
    Spiders!

I give up.

Haven’t been listening to Ryan lately, but he’s in my living room this morning. His voice/speech sounds funny: end of a cold? New teeth? Oral/facial surgery? Sudden ageing á la Bill Clinton?

Old wives tale is now old spouses tale.

He’s dribbling. Why?

Then there's these stupid imaginary conversations where he doesn't finish the sentences.

He’s dribbling. Why?

He's drooling - reflex action when an American (Vice) President is on Irish soil.

I think he’s probably in middle of getting a dental implant, at the gap stage where there’s just the stump and a bit of temporary nerve damage, and a little clip in temporary denture to fill the gap for Friday.

Edit - we’ll be hearing plugs for the C point clinic.

Nothing about Obama buying a 15 million euro seafront mansion in Martha's vineyard? Apparently not so interested in social justice or global warming in his personal life as he was when he was pontificating to us for 8 years. I thought the Kennedy connection would have been enough to have him talk about it. No negative news about his pals.

• Advertisement

Definitely a touch of the Daffy Duck

Spflights to Beijing, Dubai...

A big thanks to Air France, for buying Tubridy more listeners.

English guest. How long before he asks about Boris?

Are you interested in the guest's opinion here, or are you just giving us your own opinions on fame and social media. Look I know you got bullied off the Twitter machine, but it's not all bad.

I don't like watching chat shows. They feel like double maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Had to laugh at his criticism of the Daily Telegraph! It's not telling him what he wants to hear, so he condemns it as being an echo chamber. Evidently he pulled a sickie when they were teaching irony at Blackrock College!

I used to love the old Late Late when I was a chiseler an dat, and a terrible row would start up on the old black & white screen, all live. Mostly hadn’t a clue what it was all about except that something very daring would be said with my parents tut tutting at Modern Ireland going down the drain. There’s little shocking any more, everybody tends to left-slantedly agree and any debate killed off.

I think the reason he does not watch other chat shows, is the same reason that I don't watch other guitarists on youtube. It makes you aware of how utterly inept you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Pence has closer Irish connections than Obama ever had.

Mike Pence and other Gilead types are sadly part Irish. Trying my best to forget about that. Pence and other such types should not be welcomed just because they are Irish: this evil man who is the mastermind behind 9th April 2018 and the Nazification of America needs to be shunned by all who can. Those who welcome Pence can also get excited about this too:

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/the-irish-hitler-the-strange-tale-of-bridget-hitler-and-the-nazi-leader-156889665-237617891

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Mike Pence and other Gilead types are sadly part Irish. Trying my best to forget about that. Pence and other such types should not be welcomed just because they are Irish: this evil man who is the mastermind behind 9th April 2018 and the Nazification of America needs to be shunned by all who can. Those who welcome Pence can also get excited about this too:

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/the-irish-hitler-the-strange-tale-of-bridget-hitler-and-the-nazi-leader-156889665-237617891

Seems like a nice fella, I'd welcome him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement