Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bryan can testify about the power of a good break.
    He was worrying about the vibe for when he came back.
    He's thinking of Laois, Offaly, and Kildare - how very kind of you Bryan.
    EVERYONE in those counties did the right thing and now they're subjected to THIS. No Bryan, they didn't; if they did, they wouldn't be in this situation.
    Bryan was reading when he was in holidays.
    Patience is the word of the day re. masks.
    Tricky encounters for a few ahead.

"A thing I knobserved" - he actually said.

Don't run to TripAdvisor when things go wrong in your accommodation, show kindness and think twice and ask the proprietor first.

Re-using face masks is like re-using a condom.

"Today was going to be a great day"....reminds me of this (thanks to a previous poster on this):

A NICE piece in the Indo yesterday. Great generosity from Irish people on the last few Late late Shows. No Toy Show mention yet, but it's only 09:11.

"I can't remember the last time I used coins, coins are filth" says the millionaire.

Are buskers doing the tap thing? Wonders Bryan aloud.

Hats off to younger people! Younger people who are staying in Ireland are brilliant and top marks to you! Good news all around - I like that!

People are doing the Bryan Tuibridy West of Ireland Road Trip - how modest!

Trump-bashing. Normal service resumed! Not Mount Rushmore but tearracotta - lolz. Terracotta - orange - get it? Lolz.

TOY SHOW KLAXON - only took until 09:15!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't forget we had the news too!

Phil Collins renaissance - two people were watching him at the wekened - good? he's brilliant! Cue Phil Collins song, and not even one of the good ones - of focking vourse.

I know you think I'm making this sh*t up, but I'm not.

Question for Bryan:

WHY DON'T YOU EVER SHOW TRUMP SOME OF THE KINDNESS YOU'RE ALWAYS PREACHING ABOUT?

Boards is working as efficiently as the RTE player for the last few days. When will this be fixed so to speak as they say?

"Concert in your Kitchen" AND pretending to have crowd control issues and queuing for toilets.

FFS. Man-child.

I'd insert the American Psycho Phil Collins monologue but I'm guessing that reference would be lost on Bryan. I wonder how many bukes written by Brett Easton Ellis Bryan has read? They're no "Patrick and the President".....

• Advertisement

At 09:28am:

Caller: I hope you enjoyed your holidays.
    Bryan: I did, ready to go again!

Not even back a half an hour! Well done! Well done!

Caller on to discuss........books. On this show. Who'd have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Caller on to discuss........books. On this show. Who'd have thought?

Easing him back into work after a hollier. I suppose it is the equivalent of me filling my work calendar with meetings on the projects I like working on for the first day back!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Toy show applications opening early. Apply now and before you know it, you could be talking to the elves. Sick

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

I listened to that 15 minutes of the show this morning. So entertaining, so warm, so lovely, so kind.

I got the tv licence in the Post so to speak.
    I'm only delighted to pay it. It keeps the kindness on the airwaves.

I enjoyed your post, thank you for your service.

• Advertisement

Being a lady of leisure, sometimes I'm in bed late so wake up late or doze on the sofa with a cold cuppa in front of me. This morning was such. The peculiar thing is that any time I doze and Tubridy is on I dream of him, as the radio is on, and INVARIABLY he is playing g a sanctimonious role in my dream. This morning I was in a hotel somewhere in the world, ready to go out on a tour. I dreamt he was ordering me to stay in a certain room and only move out when he have the instruction. I must now waste time and listen back to the show to see what he was actually saying that helped me create my dream!

I heard in de Player that he doesn't want us writing bad reviews in Tripadvisor. I've written more than 330 of these (not under Catmaniac banner btw) and the vast majority of them are 4 & 5 star because most places have absolutely met my expectations. When I got to certain self-catering accommodation in west of Ireland that wasn't cheap and had been advertised as luxurious, my heart just sank when I entered. It had all the basics, had enough space, but the sofa was something I would have put in a skip (as I said in my review) and so much renovation was needed. There was what looked like graffiti in the heaters and no shelf or towel rail in the bathroom.

Wonder if Tubridy had read this or spoken to the manager, who approached me after seeing review. A very nice man actually, he said he was horrified in view of how many places I had visited and reviewed favourably and he felt the poor review would carry a lot of weight and was upset by it, having not slept for the night after reading it. He asked what could be done and I said that he should try using it himself for all his needs for at least 24 hours to best assess that. I had the items in the bathroom installed, and made suggestions for inexpensive ways of improving the decor, eg an artistic friend making stencils for motifs of local features. He explained indeed that circumstances had prevented a much desired renovation, but I was glad to discuss cheap ways of making the place feel more like uplifting holiday accommodation and not just somewhere to pass the night. My review concerned one of Tubridy's favourite places so I can only guess he actually got to know of the review.

I heard in de Player that he doesn't want us writing bad reviews in Tripadvisor. I've written more than 330 of these (not under Catmaniac banner btw) and the vast majority of them are 4 & 5 star because most places have absolutely met my expectations. When I got to certain self-catering accommodation in west of Ireland that wasn't cheap and had been advertised as luxurious, my heart just sank when I entered. It had all the basics, had enough space, but the sofa was something I would have put in a skip (as I said in my review) and so much renovation was needed. There was what looked like graffiti in the heaters and no shelf or towel rail in the bathroom.

Wonder if Tubridy had read this or spoken to the manager, who approached me after seeing review. A very nice man actually, he said he was horrified in view of how many places I had visited and reviewed favourably and he felt the poor review would carry a lot of weight and was upset by it, having not slept for the night after reading it. He asked what could be done and I said that he should try using it himself for all his needs for at least 24 hours to best assess that. I had the items in the bathroom installed, and made suggestions for inexpensive ways of improving the decor, eg an artistic friend making stencils for motifs of local features. He explained indeed that circumstances had prevented a much desired renovation, but I was glad to discuss cheap ways of making the place feel more like uplifting holiday accommodation and not just somewhere to pass the night. My review concerned one of Tubridy's favourite places so I can only guess he actually got to know of the review.

You probably don’t get bumped to the Bryan Tubridy Coastal Road Trip Along De Wild Atlantic Way Patrick’s Presidential Suite though do you? Couldn’t you have just shown a little more kindness in your review?

You probably don’t get bumped to the Bryan Tubridy Coastal Road Trip Along De Wild Atlantic Way Patrick’s Presidential Suite though do you? Couldn’t you have just shown a little more kindness in your review?

I said the staff were lovely, caller. I don't think Tubbs would have been overly impressed with it, in fact he would probably have said something similar that I did to the effect that Ireland needs to up its self-catering game if this is the standard, as it was my first ever time using such accommodation in my own country. I pointed out this as an example of European self-catering accommodation that earned a good review (although oddly many give these not such great reviews, don't know what same reviewers would comment at staying where I did, by comparison):

https://oldhouseapartments.ee/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Dont be leaving bad reviews about hotels!

Dont criticise businesses that deserve to be criticised. Instead, let hard-working people spend their money in some shítehole. Dont worry if youbhad a vad experience and it was your only holiday of the year and you got rightly screwed.

In fact, dont ever say bad things about anyone, ever, no matter how true.

just bury your head in the sand whenever anything resembling confrontation occurs.

You don't need to be Sigmund Freud to know that this stuff is more about Tubridy himself yhan anything else.

Dont be leaving bad reviews about hotels!

Dont criticise businesses that deserve to be criticised. Instead, let hard-working people spend their money in some shítehole. Dont worry if youbhad a vad experience and it was your only holiday of the year and you got rightly screwed.

In fact, dont ever say bad things about anyone, ever, no matter how true.

just bury your head in the sand whenever anything resembling confrontation occurs.

You don't need to be Sigmund Freud to know that this stuff is more about Tubridy himself yhan anything else.

No, you can be a big meanie to bald men and Trump. But never women. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I'd reckon the likes of Toyman are on mates rates if indeed they pay at all for their accommodation, same as that Thomas wan gettin a free holiday dressed up as a tv programme. When you think of it the absolute cheek of the guy tellin people not to put up bad reviews on trivago or whatever given the wedge hes trousering from the taxpayer the very one who has saved all year and done the patriotic thing and holidayed at home and then been disappointed with what they got for their hard earned money and then be told by this lad to "say nowt and walk away" . Not an ounce of self awareness in that lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I'd reckon the likes of Toyman are on mates rates if indeed they pay at all for their accommodation, same as that Thomas wan gettin a free holiday dressed up as a tv programme. When you think of it the absolute cheek of the guy tellin people not to put up bad reviews on trivago or whatever given the wedge hes trousering from the taxpayer the very one who has saved all year and done the patriotic thing and holidayed at home and then been disappointed with what they got for their hard earned money and then be told by this lad to "say nowt and walk away" . Not an ounce of self awareness in that lad

A pencil shaped Gob****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bryan can testify about the power of a good break.
    He was worrying about the vibe for when he came back.
    He's thinking of Laois, Offaly, and Kildare - how very kind of you Bryan.
    EVERYONE in those counties did the right thing and now they're subjected to THIS. No Bryan, they didn't; if they did, they wouldn't be in this situation.
    Bryan was reading when he was in holidays.
    Patience is the word of the day re. masks.
    Tricky encounters for a few ahead.

"A thing I knobserved" - he actually said.

Don't run to TripAdvisor when things go wrong in your accommodation, show kindness and think twice and ask the proprietor first.

Re-using face masks is like re-using a condom.

"Today was going to be a great day"....reminds me of this (thanks to a previous poster on this):

A NICE piece in the Indo yesterday. Great generosity from Irish people on the last few Late late Shows. No Toy Show mention yet, but it's only 09:11.

"I can't remember the last time I used coins, coins are filth" says the millionaire.

Are buskers doing the tap thing? Wonders Bryan aloud.

Hats off to younger people! Younger people who are staying in Ireland are brilliant and top marks to you! Good news all around - I like that!

People are doing the Bryan Tuibridy West of Ireland Road Trip - how modest!

Trump-bashing. Normal service resumed! Not Mount Rushmore but tearracotta - lolz. Terracotta - orange - get it? Lolz.

TOY SHOW KLAXON - only took until 09:15!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't forget we had the news too!

Phil Collins renaissance - two people were watching him at the wekened - good? he's brilliant! Cue Phil Collins song, and not even one of the good ones - of focking vourse.

Holy ****.

I clearly remember him slating Phil Collins about 7/8 ago saying how cheesy and terrible his music is.

I remember it because I'm a Phil Collins fan in a small manner.

Jesus he will go whatever way the wind is.

Unbelievable.

Does the Toyman seriously believe there will actually be a Toy Show this year in the same kind of format as previous years?

The virus doesn't understand the need for likes of the toy show. At best it can only be performances without a live audience, and maybe that's just fine. Until a vaccine is made widely available to us here, we'll not be having the usual audience. Maybe at best a spaced-out one that would kind of defeat the purpose of one. Certainly not lots of mammies and daddies & others connected with the children.

Ryan would need to show a little kindness and not be disappointing the little childers now. Think it out fully before inviting participants. My reckoning is that it would need to be a non-live show with individual takes amalgamated in a rather soul-less show.

• Advertisement

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/late-late-toy-show-application-18743677

"Show bosses added they are looking for anything from solo singers to choirs, dance troupes to drama groups or just a kid who has something."

Singing maybe not such a good idea, Ryan:

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/10/888945949/is-singing-together-safe-in-the-era-of-coronavirus-not-really-experts-say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Mixed up a tweet that was posted generally ther with a 'texter' could have been genuine or else the source of alot of the 'texts'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Russell Crow is a good egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

In Tubirdy world children still carry their school books using a belt and get called to class by a lady teacher ringing an enormous bell at the school door

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Exams should be marked according to ability not postcodes.

A bit like getting a job in RTE

sligojoek wrote: »
    Russell Crow is a good egg.

Woke McDermott was described as "a good egg" recently too. Tubs mentally lives in a county village in 1950s England methinks. He would likely describe me as "a rotter".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I'm sure the millionaire Toyman has his own gaff over in the west? Surely? I was in Roundstone last year and you couldn't move for guffawing Tubridy types in deck shoes and 4 by 4's. It would be like a home from home for the Toyman

Holy ****.

I clearly remember him slating Phil Collins about 7/8 ago saying how cheesy and terrible his music is.

I remember it because I'm a Phil Collins fan in a small manner.

Jesus he will go whatever way the wind is.

Unbelievable.

One thing you'd always get on MTV Cribs when the rappers were showing you around their houses was in amidst all of their music collections would be some Phil Collins. It was as ubiquitous as their framed Scarface poster. My own theory on this is they all got into Phil Collins from Miami Vice. In the US he was seen a cool and deep "artist". In the UK he was always seen as more "poppy".

If you think this loks like a scene from Heat, it's because Micahel Mann was behind both:

Collins even featured in Miami Vice FFS!

I rewatched all of Miami Vice on Blu Ray a few years ago. It's still good (if you view it through the prism of the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Ryans self-congratulatory and completely self-unaware monologues are starting to remind me of the Ricky Gervais character in the UK office.

Chatting away to himself about how brilliant he thinks he is and telling us all how he's changing the world for the better.

He really annoyed me there a few weeks ago plugging some Icelandic Author basically fishing for an invitation to Iceland to be put up and chauffeured around Iceland like a VIP for a week.... So transparent and we have to pay for it thought the TV license.

This is from a man with Fianna Fail connections who got the job for unknown reasons as he couldn't interview capably then and still can't despite having had ample time and opportunity to pick up the basics. He literally just reads off a set series of questions and doesn't even listen to the persons replies....always failing to develop the interview and get the best out of his guest.

His character and personality are now screaming that he has shut out all negative voices and now only listens to the sycophantic yes-men/women on his production team.

He's paid a fortune...is always out on holidays..... and even when he's supposedly working he's always working his angles - He's the Marie Antoinette of RTE !!!

• Advertisement

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Ryans self-congratulatory and completely self-unaware monologues are starting to remind me of the Ricky Gervais character in the UK office.

Chatting away to himself about how brilliant he thinks he is and telling us all how he's changing the world for the better.

He really annoyed me there a few weeks ago plugging some Icelandic Author basically fishing for an invitation to Iceland to be put up and chauffeured around Iceland like a VIP for a week.... So transparent and we have to pay for it thought the TV license.

This is from a man with Fianna Fail connections who got the job for unknown reasons as he couldn't interview capably then and still can't despite having had ample time and opportunity to pick up the basics. He literally just reads off a set series of questions and doesn't even listen to the persons replies....always failing to develop the interview and get the best out of his guest.

His character and personality are now screaming that he has shut out all negative voices and now only listens to the sycophantic yes-men/women on his production team.

He's paid a fortune...is always out on holidays..... and even when he's supposedly working he's always working his angles - He's the Marie Antoinette of RTE !!!

Tubs mused.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement