Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf Thread

Options

Comments

Not sure when they started but In Blanch last week I saw a sign " any vehicle not charging etc will be clamped" So I think this applies to an EV not charging in an EV bay, but not so sure because if you can't get back to the car in time ?

I have a sign in the car now, one side says "you can plug me out" and the other side gives my Number so someone can call me if they really need to charge I can tell them I really need the charge myself or they can go ahead and plug me out but plug me back in when they're finished !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Do you use charge bump? I put a charge bump sticker on. I lock the charger, and there's no way I'm giving randomners my number. ;)

pwurple wrote: »
    Do you use charge bump? I put a charge bump sticker on. I lock the charger, and there's no way I'm giving randomners my number. ;)

what's charge bump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Chargebump had a problem with Irish numbers last time I tried it.

Fairly useful in the UK, lots of people over there use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Not sure when they started but In Blanch last week I saw a sign " any vehicle not charging etc will be clamped" So I think this applies to an EV not charging in an EV bay, but not so sure because if you can't get back to the car in time ?

I have a sign in the car now, one side says "you can plug me out" and the other side gives my Number so someone can call me if they really need to charge I can tell them I really need the charge myself or they can go ahead and plug me out but plug me back in when they're finished !

Similar here; I normally stick my work-mobile number on the dash beside the charging LEDs when Fast Charging. Saves giving the aforementioned "randomer" my personal mobile :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I can log in and update the battery status, start charging or climate control via the website or app, however if I try use anything else. Route Planner, Rankings etc I just get the following "The service cannot be provided.
    Please try it again or contact NISSAN."

Down for me or everyone?

Roen wrote: »
    I can log in and update the battery status, start charging or climate control via the website or app, however if I try use anything else. Route Planner, Rankings etc I just get the following "The service cannot be provided.

Down for me or everyone?

Down for me too. Been down for months, I was trying to get my dad's usage stats in June and had the same issue.

This one?

358325.jpg

0198c2c3-7599-46a0-a6b2-658ba9666ae3.jpg

cros13 wrote: »

Yep that's the same sign I saw at Blanch or is that Blanch ? some Git plugged me out of the AC charger there last Friday and I don;t know how they did it !

• Advertisement

I've never heard about it, pretty cool though, I doubt many use it here.

TBH I'm not really worried about someone having my number. It's easy to block numbers on mobiles these days.

I think a sign on the dash would guarantee contact for those who don't use the app.

I rarely leave the car at a DC charger anyway because if 2 leafs are parked there and one isn't charging then the Leaf is taking up a space for Zoe because a Leaf and Zoe can fast charge at the same time. But I suppose a call from someone would indicate to someone to get back to the car anyway.

It actually does make sense for the vehicle to be removed rather than clamped because it could be hours before the owner comes back .

Blanch needs a lot more than a fast charger and 1 dual outlet AC point !!!

Down for me or everyone?

Working ok for me.

Yep that's the same sign I saw at Blanch or is that Blanch ? some Git plugged me out of the AC charger there last Friday and I don;t know how they did it !

You can plug someone out if they are above a certain % charge, and you have a charge card.

I've done it to my own car, when I had forgotten my card! Plugged it out with someone else's card.

You can plug someone out if they are above a certain % charge, and you have a charge card.

I've done it to my own car, when I had forgotten my card! Plugged it out with someone else's card.

Really ? that's news to me !

If anyone hasn't read it today the ESB have told me on their FB page that you can not plug anyone out once they are charging and I presume that means regardless what charge the car is at .

Yes, it's true that someone can plug you out if you're over 80%. Not sure if they need a card to do so though.

Another Leaf-man unplugged me in Naas a few months ago as I hit the 80% (I'd gone in for a coffee - queue was longer than I anticipated). He knew in advance that after 80% you can unplug anyone, so he wasn't chancing it. I got the e-mail (re: being unplugged) so came out to check.
    Makes sense I reckon... though would make more sense if you at least need a card to unplug.

Btw, those clamping notices are certainly not in Dublin City center. Pretty much all of the charge points in the city are blocked.

Even in the hotels.. We tried the merrion for example. Both points blocked.

I don't live up in Dublin , but in Cork there is huge support from the local TD's, which makes the necessary happen.

This is strange because when I got back to the car it was 75% charged ?

The ESB have made it very clear this is not acceptable to plug anyone out. I wouldn't mind if the car was fully charged.

I am talking about the AC points now not the DC chargers !

This is strange because when I got back to the car it was 75% charged ?

The ESB have made it very clear this is not acceptable to plug anyone out. I wouldn't mind if the car was fully charged.

I am talking about the AC points now not the DC chargers !

Ah. I can only speak about the DC chargers - never tried on the AC.

The DC chargers are different, they were intended for up to 80% only due to the time needed to get from 80% to 100%. I don't usually leave the car while at a fast charger and now if I do I have a sign on the dash so someone can call me.

Another reason EV makers quote 0-80 charge times because it takes ages to go from 80-100%

I'd actually like to see a cut off that the charger won't provide a charge beyond 85%. There are loads of DC chargers around and it's quicker to drive off and plug in again because the charge is much much faster from a low state of charge.

• Advertisement

Btw, those clamping notices are certainly not in Dublin City center. Pretty much all of the charge points in the city are blocked.

Even in the hotels.. We tried the merrion for example. Both points blocked.

I don't live up in Dublin , but in Cork there is huge support from the local TD's, which makes the necessary happen.

Definately clamping in those marked spaces. I pass by merrion sq north and the spaces outside ESB regularly and they are rarely ICEd since painted. Little support from the local council so people have to make their voices heard. One of my local councillors is on the transport committee and I was after him for 3 months before those four spaces got marked as a "trial".

Working ok for me.

Just to confirm that all the other stuff like Route Planner and Eco trees (as useful as that'll be) are working? I can do the charging and climate control stop start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Just to confirm that all the other stuff like Route Planner and Eco trees (as useful as that'll be) are working? I can do the charging and climate control stop start.

I haven't been able to use the online Route Planner or most of the Carwings site for several weeks now. Same error message as yourself. I haven't tried using climate control, the charge status seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

hi OP, I've sent you a PM

**EDIT**
    No I haven't, posted in wrong thread, please ignore :-)
    **/EDIT***

Yes, here's a pic from this morning.
    148dx1f.jpg

Cheers. I think I see where the issue is. You're hitting the .co.uk address. I'm on .eu
    I'll give them a shout later.

Hmmmm. Would it be cheeky, foolish or pointless to plug in to both the Chademo and standard AC points at the same time?

Hmmmm. Would it be cheeky, foolish or pointless to plug in to both the Chademo and standard AC points at the same time?

I'm sure even if it works it won't make a difference because the 45 kw DC charger is much more powerful it won't make a difference because as the charge level increases the battery demands less and less current as the charge level keeps rising this is why I say charging beyond 80% is a bit pointless.

Does anyone actually bother tying to build more trees in the leaf ? I'd go insane, I just get in and drive it and put the boot down.

I drove at 100-110 Kph all the way today and got up with 50% after 64 Kms. Granted its been milder lately and pretty calm. but I find driving 80-100 makes little difference than 100-110 Kph, might suck out 5% more battery maybe 6% worst case with wind.

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually bother tying to build more trees in the leaf ? I'd go insane, I just get in and drive it and put the boot down.

I drove at 100-110 Kph all the way today and got up with 50% after 64 Kms. Granted its been milder lately and pretty calm. but I find driving 80-100 makes little difference than 100-110 Kph, might suck out 5% more battery maybe 6% worst case with wind.

It's still a novelty to me at the moment so while I don't drive in a style to deliberately build them I do have a running competition with the girlfriend for who can build the most.
    So far two small ones and one full big one is our joint record.

You'd have to go on a long slowwww journey to get five I'd say.

One of the criteria I had when I was buying was that I wouldn't get something that would force me to change how I drive. If I'm low on charge I'll adapt to the individual circumstance but overall I still drive the same.

Advertisement