Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf Thread

Options
  • 24-07-2015 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Here is a beautiful leaf thread!

Has anyone any tips for other leaf drivers? Here's mine... which is probably totally obvious to seasoned drivers, but I'll throw it out there in case new leaf drivers are coming along.

The little silver button on the handle on the exterior of the doors will lock and unlock the car for you, if you have the key nearby (like in your pocket).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

pwurple wrote: »
    The little silver button on the handle on the exterior of the doors will lock and unlock the car for you, if you have the key nearby (like in your pocket).
    Interesting. I'll try that later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Anyone remember the brand of spare wheel which fits the leaf?

From DrPhilG also!
    Mitsubishi Lancer I believe.

Hope so, as I have a Lancer tyre in the boot but haven't tried it yet!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Interesting. I'll try that later.

I *think* one of the doors does the whole car (driver-side probably?), and the other one just does one door.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

The silver drivers door button is really neat.

Another beautiful thing about the Leaf is the excellent bluetooth to a phone - and because it is a Leaf and electric and therefore amazingly smooth and quiet it's the best hands-free in-car phone experience you'll ever get.

Carwings... if it ever stops working for you, look above your head in the car. There's a panel in the ceiling which I think contains the SIM for it, but there's a button there to switch carwings on and off.

On the models with satnav, check out the speed limit display (red circle with a number in it) on the left-hand side of the map view. This is across most new nissans, but the car is reading the road signs as you drive, and displays the up to date speed limit there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I *think* one of the doors does the whole car (driver-side probably?), and the other one just does one door.

It can be set so that the button just unlocks the relevant door, or all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Has anyone any tips for other leaf drivers? Here's mine... which is probably totally obvious to seasoned drivers, but I'll throw it out there in case new leaf drivers are coming along.

Well done congrats on the thread, but why is there a thread above the thread, can we not stay on your thread?

reboot wrote: »
    Well done congrats on the thread, but why is there a thread above the thread, can we not stay on your thread?

Not sure what you are asking. If you want some other threads locked, you're addressing the wrong person. I'm not your personal thread janitor, message a mod or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Just to add that on the right side of your camera integrated in your car boot door (if you have SV or SVE) there's another pin that locks/unlocks the whole car. Very handy ;)

peposhi wrote: »
    Just to add that on the right side of your camera integrated in your car boot door (if you have SV or SVE) there's another pin that locks/unlocks the whole car. Very handy ;)

That is super handy!

Anyone else finding the reversing camera isn't great in rain? Mine seems to trap water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Not sure what you are asking. If you want some other threads locked, you're addressing the wrong person. I'm not your personal thread janitor, message a mod or something.

Sorry, not wishing to upset anyone, I was just wondering if it would be helpful to focus Leaf related subjects on this thread.
    BMW/Zoe owners may not be particularly interested in Leaf related queries, and may hope one day to have their own thread.
    Personally I think there are not enough of them yet on Boards, but there are several other outlets for them, nice to try to involve them locally one day.
    The process also allows us to unfollow of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Right, so my Leaf thought it was Danish on the way home from work. I got home and powered it off to go look at the headlights and when I rebooted it was back in English. Phew.

Speaking of the headlights, how are you supposed to get your hand into that little hole to swap out the bulbs? I have girly hands but there's no way I can get my hand in there!

No idea on the headlights... But I've a Bluetooth questions for people.

We have two phones paired to it, as both of us drive it. But if one pairs on the way to work, then the next day the other one fails to pair. Has to be re-paired (Bluetooth off and on, code in again). Is this a normal 'feature' in the nissans, or is it just mine?

Ok so I have H9 bulbs, just as well I checked as I was going to order H4 today.
    Can't find any decent Nightbreaker type ones out there. Anyone any ideas? The main beams are piss poor compared to the LED dips.

Roen wrote: »
    Right, so my Leaf thought it was Danish on the way home from work. I got home and powered it off to go look at the headlights and when I rebooted it was back in English. Phew.

Speaking of the headlights, how are you supposed to get your hand into that little hole to swap out the bulbs? I have girly hands but there's no way I can get my hand in there!

I normally use a small pair of pliers to reach the bracket that holds the bulb and the bulb itself.

No idea on the headlights... But I've a Bluetooth questions for people.

We have two phones paired to it, as both of us drive it. But if one pairs on the way to work, then the next day the other one fails to pair. Has to be re-paired (Bluetooth off and on, code in again). Is this a normal 'feature' in the nissans, or is it just mine?

when you start the car go to:
    menu-phone-paired phones and then select the one you are going to use. if you are using the same you have used last time, it should connect automatically

Ok so I have H9 bulbs, just as well I checked as I was going to order H4 today.
    Can't find any decent Nightbreaker type ones out there. Anyone any ideas? The main beams are piss poor compared to the LED dips.

even though H9 Nightbreakers exist, you are going to find them very hard! i am blessed i have the H4 and soon the bulbs would be converted :) it is a pity the don't come as a standard...

when you start the car go to:
    menu-phone-paired phones and then select the one you are going to use. if you are using the same you have used last time, it should connect automatically

That's what I've been doing... But it only auto connects if you use the same phone all the time. Phone number two has to manually connected again, then it works automatically all the time, until you have to manually connect phone number 1 again.

Ok, I normally wouldn't bother with it, but seeing as it's under warranty maybe I'll have a word with the dealer.

even though H9 Nightbreakers exist, you are going to find them very hard! i am blessed i have the H4 and soon the bulbs would be converted :) it is a pity the don't come as a standard...

I can't find them. Osrams own website doesn't list them. Some that look like H9 alright but are H3, H4 and H11.
    http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/vehicle-and-bicycle-lighting/cars/halogen-headlight-lamps-for-cars/night-breaker-unlimited/index.jsp

if they exist I'll find them!
    Cheers so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That's what I've been doing... But it only auto connects if you use the same phone all the time. Phone number two has to manually connected again, then it works automatically all the time, until you have to manually connect phone number 1 again.

Ok, I normally wouldn't bother with it, but seeing as it's under warranty maybe I'll have a word with the dealer.

Let me know how you get on. I haven't bothered pairing the wife's phone yet but if it's going to mean that sort of hassle I won't bother.

• Advertisement

I can't find them. Osrams own website doesn't list them. Some that look like H9 alright but are H3, H4 and H11.
    http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/vehicle-and-bicycle-lighting/cars/halogen-headlight-lamps-for-cars/night-breaker-unlimited/index.jsp

if they exist I'll find them!
    Cheers so far :)

Well I am not sure they do exist. I can't seem to find any decent bulb to replace the full beam :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

glass valuation guide are happy to rate the secondhand price value of used Leaves upwards.
    http://www.glass.co.uk/blog/2015/2015-nissan-leaf/

Well one week in and 600km done for the princely sum of 4euro on parking tickets. I have the home charge point in now as well so I won't have to rely on public infrastructure as soon as I move back to the cottage.

The girlfriend got her 10 reg Golf in April and loves it with a passion. I'm off on hols this week in the camper van and she's using the Leaf to spin into and out of work. So that's a vote for the Leaf as far as I'm concerned.

I'm enjoying it so far. More than I would have thought. Two thumbs up!

Quick tip, there's a little button next to the boot release handle that locks the whole car.

So if you're finished putting the cable away you can just hit that button, no need to get the key out of your pocket and press the lock button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Yesterday was the first time I really felt the benefit of the 6.6 kw charger.

I had to drive to Clonmel for work. No FCP there, but I arrived early and was able to plug into the charge point at Supervalu for almost an hour, which meant that I left for home with a 100% charge.

I also used the fast chargers at Midway and Urlingford on the way down, and at Junction 3 Ballycolla on the way home. All worked fine, and no queues thankfully.

You really can't beat faster AC charging, I would not have any Ev with less than 6.6 kw charging. 2 hrs from 25-90% get back to the car and drive off, no looking for fast chargers that might already be in use.

Ask Dexter, he can charge at the full 22 kw !!!

I use the Naas fast charger on the way home form work where I need as fast as possible charging on the way home from work, but where you need to get into town to do business, shopping etc AC is King, so when the dealers try tell you "no you don't need the 6.6 kw charger for 900 extra" they mean "just buy what we got in stock" tell them Mad_Lad has an Ev for 16,100 Kms and couldn't count now the times the 6.6 Kw charger has saved me having to spend the time at a fast charger and possibly having to wait for someone to finish.

It's wrong for dealers to try convince people they don't need the 6.6 KW charger and once the ESb start billing per Kwh people will be mighty glad to have faster home charging options if they find they need top ups after work etc especially as ev sales grow.

Awesome!

I did my longest drive ever today in our leaf. 260km. South Dublin (blackrock) to south Cork city. We managed it on one charge at urlingford (barely!). Think that was the hairiest I've ever left it. Went to the 3 - - - bars both times. Car was fully loaded, 3 adults, 2 car seats, 2 kids, a buggy and luggage jammed wherever it fit. Tunes booming, but no air on. Didn't use the motorway for about 1/3 of it. Max speed 110kph. Left Dublin on the old road, and urlingford on the old road, but joined after a while.

Weather was with me, it was a cool, wind-free day. Battery temp went up dramatically after the fast charge at urlingford.

Last week we did the opposite journey, where I was entirely on the motorway cruise control 125kph the whole way. Needed 3 charge stops. Cahir, rathdowney and naas.

Ps, Dublin would want to sort itself out with the parking and tolls. Was nice to get back to Cork to car parks where they don't charge the ecars, and no rummaging for change on tolls.

And not being iced. :) I part blocked a road in Dublin City center on Sunday after giving up on 8 iced charge points.

They can clamp now in Dublin City !

• Advertisement

They can clamp now in Dublin City !

When did that start? Next time I go up I'll get the clampers numbers. I was like a BEAR!

Advertisement