Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Body Shop

Options
  • 22-07-2015 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Currently have a 50% off sale and an additional 40% off with code 14673 - free delivery over £25.

Haven't seen a Body Shop deal for some time...

Use Parcel Motel as will not deliver to an Irish address.

Even with the poor Sterling exchange rate its a good deal, wife ordered 6 shower gels and 7 body butters (stocking up big time!) for £40 - body butters alone at €18 in Body Shop, Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭martini1

THanks for that!! just when I was going to hang up the credit card for a few days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

thebiglad wrote: »
    Currently have a 50% off sale and an additional 40% off with code 14673 - free delivery over £25.

Haven't seen a Body Shop deal for some time...

Use Parcel Motel as will not deliver to an Irish address.

Even with the poor Sterling exchange rate its a good deal, wife ordered 6 shower gels and 7 body butters (stocking up big time!) for £40 - body butters alone at €18 in Body Shop, Dublin.

Just tried parcel motel:
    "Unfortunately we currently can only send orders to shipping addresses in the United Kingdom (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man). We do not deliver to PO Box or BFPO addresses and we're unable to ship to any International address. The billing address for the payment method must also be within the UK. We may, however, have a website in your country. Please click here to find your local site."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭thebiglad

moodrater wrote: »
    Just tried parcel motel:
    "Unfortunately we currently can only send orders to shipping addresses in the United Kingdom (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man). We do not deliver to PO Box or BFPO addresses and we're unable to ship to any International address. The billing address for the payment method must also be within the UK. We may, however, have a website in your country. Please click here to find your local site."

I have had that problem in the past

Make sure your shipping address is Pacel Motel and your billing address is your own registered address with the card.

If you still have a problem, call your car provider and get them to add the Parcel Motel Address to the card as an approved address - that way when Bodyshop does its security checks on the card the postcodes match and order will go through.

I used a BOI Visa Credit but could not get BOI Visa Debit or a BOI Mastercard to work...

I know from previous posts on Bodyshop offers with Parcel Motel it depends on your bank but it can be passed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100901&page=4

thebiglad wrote: »
    I have had that problem in the past

Make sure your shipping address is Pacel Motel and your billing address is your own registered address with the card.

If you still have a problem, call your car provider and get them to add the Parcel Motel Address to the card as an approved address - that way when Bodyshop does its security checks on the card the postcodes match and order will go through.

I used a BOI Visa Credit but could not get BOI Visa Debit or a BOI Mastercard to work...

I know from previous posts on Bodyshop offers with Parcel Motel it depends on your bank but it can be passed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100901&page=4

This was with paypal so no issue with bank, card, verification etc. and I have ordered from bodyshop to parcel motel in the past without issue so I imagine they have changed something. Have you made an order in this sale?

OK ordered fine with BOI visa debit, didn't ask for 3d secure either which is odd.

If you login you get a different checkout which says that:
    - with paypal payment the address used will be the paypal billing address regardless of the address you enter

Which explains the paypal issue, pity the non logged in checkout doesn't explain that.

Thanks OP, thats my wifes leaving presents sorted.

• Advertisement

moodrater wrote: »
    This was with paypal so no issue with bank, card, verification etc. and I have ordered from bodyshop to parcel motel in the past without issue so I imagine they have changed something. Have you made an order in this sale?

I couldn't get Paypal to work either - only after trial and error found a card combination that worked...

Very frustrating but I knew it works and the savings definitely worth the hassle and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I can't get it to work, the payment gets declined :(

I'm using Parcel Motel as delivery address and my own address as billing address, but with Parcel Motel's postcode. BoI Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I can't get it to work, the payment gets declined :(

I'm using Parcel Motel as delivery address and my own address as billing address, but with Parcel Motel's postcode. BoI Visa.

Last time I had to contact the body shop. They manually did something and contacted me to say the payment should now work and it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

yellow hen wrote: »
    Last time I had to contact the body shop. They manually did something and contacted me to say the payment should now work and it did.

The wife had to do that the last time too.

This time 'round, I paid by Paypal but had to confirm my billing address on The BodyShop website. I did that, but used "United Kingdom" as country and PM postcode as my postcode. It went through, I have an order number, and a receipt from Paypal. We'll see what happens from here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Paid with mastercard, delivery address is parcel motel in the north, billing address in the south. No issues at all and the order has been delivered to the parcel motel address already and should be in Dublin tonight

• Advertisement

Offer is back (courtesy of Hotukdeals)

An extra 40% off with voucher code 14317

Expires on the 25 October

Code also gives free standard delivery when spend over £10
    - SSGC

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/index.aspx?utm_source=Tradedoubler&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=_Generic&utm_term=2142931&utm_content=allevents

As before - Parcel Motel and plenty threads around issues of BodyShop accepting Irish address etc when using Visa Debit - worth the effort to get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

oooo thanks!
    Will stock up on some crimbo pressies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

PM & PayPal worked for me.

£30 (€45) worth of stuff for €15 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

fdevine wrote: »

Do you mind me asking what phone no you put for your address?!
    It won't accept my Irish mobile no +353!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Do you need to change your paypal address to a UK address?

There's not a great on sale in this sale and very little of it is 50% off.

rustyzip wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what phone no you put for your address?!
    It won't accept my Irish mobile no +353!

Don't recall it looking for one. I did change my billing address after I hit a snag but after that it went through.

Do you need to change your paypal address to a UK address?

There's not a great on sale in this sale and very little of it is 50% off.

I have my Parcel Motel address registered in PayPal as a delivery address. I had to manually change my billing address as it automatically filled in as the delivery address.

I agree that the sale isn't great and as you say there's not much with 50% off but some of what I got was 50% off + further 40% off and it accepted a free delivery over £10 code as well so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

The sale stuff is a particular line of merchandise that doesn't have many items in the Irish shops. So you might struggle to find an item that costs x in Ireland but you got it for a bargain here. Because very few of them are in Irish shops. But there are bargains alright if you persist. I myself have a drawer full of last autumn's sale still so I might sit this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I have my Parcel Motel address registered in PayPal as a delivery address. I had to manually change my billing address as it automatically filled in as the delivery address.

I agree that the sale isn't great and as you say there's not much with 50% off but some of what I got was 50% off + further 40% off and it accepted a free delivery over £10 code as well so I'm happy.

how did you get this to work? i have my parcel motel added to my paypal account as a reg address. i clicked pay through paypal and this automatically populated in the body shop website. parcel motel address also populated as the billing address, but when i clicked through with the order i got an email saying that there is a problem with my order and the payment didn't go through. is your billing address and delivery address both parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Filipa

Offer is back

50% off + 40% with code 14672

Free shipping for orders over £10

• Advertisement

This offer is back, but no matter what I do I can't get an order through. I've tried several times now with two cards, following the tips in this thread. I keep getting a message saying:

"Unfortunately, you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts for a card payment. Please try again using an alternative card, or payment method."

Anyone else having this problem? I tried their live chat but they weren't any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Flying Fox wrote: »
    "Unfortunately, you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts for a card payment. Please try again using an alternative card, or payment method."

Anyone else having this problem? I tried their live chat but they weren't any help.

I get the same message, tried 3 different cards and paypal

Live chat said it was a paypal issue, then when i said had tried cards, she said both times the card number was incomplete ?/

I get the same message, tried 3 different cards and paypal

Live chat said it was a paypal issue, then when i said had tried cards, she said both times the card number was incomplete ?/

I was told on live chat that they won't accept cards issued outside of the UK in order to protect their customers from fraud! I said I'd ordered before without any problems but she was adamant there was nothing she could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I paid using my PayPal account and no issues except the package was delayed by 3 days. I sent them an email and they apologised for the delay. I used addresspal UK address.

I DID EVERY OPTION YOU COULD IMAGINE

paypal with irish billing address or with parcel motel billing address

credit card with irish billing address on check out, and then with parcel mtel address ( it is assigned to my card) etc etc

no luck

i see in older threads that some people got bodyshop to " turn something on(off) " to allow payment through

my paypal account is showing 4 payments awaiting authorization , but no payment effort went all the way

I don't know if the UK mainland address for addresspal would make any difference

You could give it a try using AddressPal address.
    I paid using my PayPal which is linked to another EU country for billing and delivery address was of UK addresspal. Transaction went through at once. Package received and overall good deal.
    I DID EVERY OPTION YOU COULD IMAGINE

paypal with irish billing address or with parcel motel billing address

credit card with irish billing address on check out, and then with parcel mtel address ( it is assigned to my card) etc etc

no luck

i see in older threads that some people got bodyshop to " turn something on(off) " to allow payment through

my paypal account is showing 4 payments awaiting authorization , but no payment effort went all the way

I don't know if the UK mainland address for addresspal would make any difference

You could give it a try using AddressPal address.
    I paid using my PayPal which is linked to another EU country for billing and delivery address was of UK addresspal. Transaction went through at once. Package received and overall good deal.

another EU country ? Not Ireland. I am wondering if this other EU country does n not have a dedicated bodyshop site and thats why it worked, while it might insist we use the .ie site (where same product is 4 times dearer)

I have just checked and there is a dedicated bodyshop website and store in that EU country.

Maybe i was the few ones initially they let it go (i ordered within few hours of the discount made available) and they found this later on & blocked foreign IP address? That's my guess only
    another EU country ? Not Ireland. I am wondering if this other EU country does n not have a dedicated bodyshop site and thats why it worked, while it might insist we use the .ie site (where same product is 4 times dearer)

It's very annoying and not the smartest move for them. I just gave up trying to make the order, and there's not a chance I'd go on the Irish website and buy the same stuff for massively inflated prices. So all they've done is lost a sale (one of many I'm sure).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 stopdotcom

The same here - no issue to place an order last week but all changed during weekend - have done exactly the same as previously - PM address linked to PP and 3 payments awaiting authorization with PayPal (of course order not confirmed by The Body Shop). But thank you for info - thought that it is only me :)

Advertisement