Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Sauer SSG 3000 in .308

• 16-07-2015 8:57pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently i done a swap with another Boardsie and took possession of a beautiful Sauer SSG 3000 rifle in .308 caliber. However due to my never ending urge to change firearms and make my FO earn his pay i am forced once again to sell something i did not intend to.

I only today got the license for a new semi auto in .223 and so need to pay for it, the scope, and some other features so i have to let something in the press go. As the Sauer was only briefly shot and has been sitting for the last two months due to no scope (waiting on replacement scope) i thought it best to let her go.

The rifle is a Sauer SSG 3000 and features are:
    • .308 caliber
    • 23.5" barrel
    • 1:12 twist (which acts more like 1:11)
    • 5 round detachable box magazine
    • Walnut, blackened, stock with adjustable cheek piece and vented fore-end for better cooling
    • Fully bedded
    • 6 lug locking action
    • Interchangeable barrel (a few screws and the barrel can be changed out)
    • Threaded for a suppressor/muzzle break in M18

I got the gun second hand so round count is not known, however i took it to the range within a week of getting it and done some testing. I fitted a set of EAW one piece mounts. Anyone that knows their mounts will know the quality and price of these. You couldn't use anything else on a Sauer.

Using 150gr to 178 gr ammo in 3 round batches i got groups ranging from 12.7 mm to 21.2 mm at 100 yards. At 200 yards i am getting 18.7 mm to 31.3 mm groups. I did not try it at any distance longer than this but with performance like this i had what i needed.

These rifles can fetch €3000 new and second hand can demand prices in excess of €2,500. As mine is the older version stock and due to me trying to just cover the shortfall of my new rifle and accessories i'm asking €895 for the rifle and mounts.

I would also consider a scope as part trade against the cost. Depending on make, size, condition, etc.

I also have a suppressor for the rifle. If someone is interested in both i can do a deal price for both.

Apologies in advance for the piss poor pictures but i'll get better ones up during the week.

Thanks for looking.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement