Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

La Fenetre wrote: »
    Well again, that depends on if the child is alive or dead. Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

Is there a reason you're avoiding answer the question?

If the foetus is dead, then there's no illegality regarding removing the foetus from the womb.

So, what is gained by denying an abortion only to make the woman deliver the child stillborn?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Delirium wrote: »

If the foetus is dead, then there's no illegality regarding removing the foetus from the womb.

So, what is gained by denying an abortion only to make the woman deliver the child stillborn?

And smug sense of satisfaction that someone was needlessly made to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

Because you still haven't provided the details I asked for. Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

Kev W wrote: »
    And smug sense of satisfaction that someone was needlessly made to suffer.

Was the child dead beforehand ? If it was it didn't suffer, so your smugness would be premature.

Because you still haven't provided the details I asked for. Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

Those details were provided in the post you're quoting.

• Advertisement

Was the child dead beforehand ? If it was it didn't suffer, so your smugness would be premature.

I was referring to the suffering of the woman, which I'm not terribly surprised you had failed to consider.

I was referring to the suffering of the woman, which I'm not terribly surprised you had failed to consider.

I'm not the one refusing to consider both of them.

This is seriously beginning to look like you don't understand what an abortion is if you consider one option is to "die naturally".:confused:

This is seriously beginning to look like you don't understand what an abortion is if you consider one option is to "die naturally".:confused:

I'm asking because I'm not sure you understand, so I'll ask again : Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

I'm not the one refusing to consider both of them.

No, you're the one refusing to consider the woman. Also refusing to answer a direct question.

• Advertisement

No, you're the one refusing to consider the woman. Also refusing to answer a direct question.

There are two lives involved and affected not one, you cannot ignore one of them, while claiming to respect someone's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm asking because I'm not sure you understand, so I'll ask again : Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

Do you understand the question? You are being asked about a fatal abnormalities. There is no ' poisoning or dismemberment', the labour is induced, the baby is then allowed pass away. It is far more dignified than allowing everyone involved to wait and endure additional suffering.

Tell you what, since you obviously have a different answer depending on which it is, why not give us both? Then we can move on instead of all this tedious back and forth.

There are two lives involved and affected not one, you cannot ignore one of them, while claiming to respect someone's life.

And yet you wish to do exactly that.

this is getting silly.

For the sake of moving this along, they didn't die naturally (i.e. they were aborted), are there any abortion methods you would allow?

For the sake of moving this along, they didn't die naturally (i.e. they were aborted), are there any abortion methods you would allow?

I don't know, what methods of killing are ok in your view ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Right, no more talking to the brick wall. This is beyond tedious.

Unbelievable, can't answer a simple question.

One would think that not putting a woman through 5 weeks of additional anguish was a simple choice, but sadly that seems not to be the case :(

To which I answered I don't know, and asked what methods of killing are ok in your view ?

To which you replied :
    Unbelievable, can't answer a simple question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

eviltwin wrote: »
    In cases of ffa there is no such procedures but don't let the truth get in the way of the usual emotional rubbish

How exactly does abortion not involve dismemberment? If its just 'a ball of cells' why does it bother you? Pro abortion people are rarely comfortable with the grisly details of what abortion involves.

• Advertisement

robp wrote: »
    How exactly does abortion not involve dismemberment? If its just 'a ball of cells' why does it bother you? Pro abortion people are rarely comfortable with the grisly details of what abortion involves.

Two examples that don't involve dismemberment are the abortion pill and aspiration (which accounts for about 91% of abortions in UK for example). So dismemberment isn't involved in the majority of the abortions preformed there.

To which I answered I don't know, and asked what methods of killing are ok in your view ?

To which you replied :

The really honest pro choice people will knowledge that abortion is killing but I have yet to hear an explanation on why killing is ok before birth. Even Column O'Gorman fudges this basic question. I'd love to get a solid answer on why are human rights are inapplicable before the child has passed through a vagina.

We were discussing fatal abnormalities. There is no dismemberment. Maybe ask the women in TFMR Ireland who actually experienced it and see how many of them gave birth to dismembered babies.

We were discussing fatal abnormalities. There is no dismemberment. Maybe ask the women in TFMR Ireland who actually experienced it and see how many of them gave birth to dismembered babies.

Abortion involves dismemberment, regardless of whether a healthy or sick baby is involved.

Abortion involves dismemberment, regardless of whether a healthy or sick baby is involved.

That's factually wrong as a blanket statement, as explained above, the type of abortion that may involve dismemberment is used for pregnancies at 13 weeks or later. That is the minority of abortions in most countries where it's legal.

You know little about it. It does not involve dismemberment in the cases of ffa. If you would like to show your evidence to back up your claims please do.

You know little about it. It does not involve dismemberment in the cases of ffa. If you would like to show your evidence to back up your claims please do.

The method of abortion chosen depends on the preferences of the abortionist and how developed the baby is. The health status of the baby doesn't influence the choice. Its a ridiculous thing to argue over. You are making the assertion in the first place so you aught to provide evidence.

The method of abortion chosen depends on the preferences of the abortionist and how developed the baby is. The health status of the baby doesn't influence the choice. Its a ridiculous thing to argue over. You are making the assertion in the first place so you aught to provide evidence.

YOU made the assertion that abortion always involves dismemberment. YOU should provide evidence.

How does the abortion pill dismember a foetus?

• Advertisement

YOU made the assertion that abortion always involves dismemberment. YOU should provide evidence.

Legal abortion regimes always involve dismemberment, not every procedure every regime. But why does matter if its just a ball of cells?

Advertisement