Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential FPL resources 2015/16

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SkySter wrote: »
    I hope to lads at http://fantasypremierleaguetransfers.com get the site going again. Not the slickest looking but the advice was decent when it was being updated.

Anyways, just to add my two cents...

In my 18-months on Twitter, I have found that you can be absolutely sh!te at FPL and can give out truly awful advice, but if you are a fan of "banter" and you can get a decent website built, that's what matters to the masses. The average player laps it up.

Here is what I use...

FFScout - the only site I bother with anymore - great articles and their membership tools are very useful. Having said that, I must say I find the overall quality of their articles has dropped over the last year.

FFFix - hmmm, I was really unimpressed by the players chosen by their algorithms at times so I stay well away from their picks. However, the price tracker is great.

Fantasy Yirma - Good articles. No messing about.

Here is what I avoid...

FPLTransfers - Honestly, not a fan. The advice is in-your-face obvious or I would disagree with it.

AllThingsFPL - Maybe I'm old and cranky but I find their content to be a very tough read.

FFPundits - In my opinion, they have one or maybe two writers where I would say "he knows his stuff". I would find myself disagreeing with alot of the advice on the site.

Fantasyfootballgeek - meh, really I find their stuff to be just stating the obvious. Would be alright for an average player.

Here is where I spend my money...

FFScout membership for £12.50. That's it! Not paying 8 for ATFPL.

Overall, it seems that five years ago, the elite FPL managers were on FFS and the site was a closely guarded secret. Nowadays, everyone knows about it (and other sites) so the advantage is gone.

I just find myself using their membership tools to make my own choices these days.

I actually think the best resource I have available to me is you guys here. I'm honest about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I actually think the best resource I have available to me is you guys here. I'm honest about that.

Naaaaawh shucks:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

One of them sites you mentioned FG is a great example of a average player but being good at banter = getting a website up and running.

I think who you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    One of them sites you mentioned FG is a great example of a average player but being good at banter = getting a website up and running.

I think who you mean.

There's only who really bugs me claims to have finished in the top X% every year and this is part of what they sell the site on but when you look at the actual ranks the % they give themselves finishing at is clearly bs and they've only had 1 top 22k finish which for someone who has tried to take the game seriously for so long is shocking bad but they're part of that twitter FPL clique who go back slapping each other and people get fooled into listening to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I paid for my first ever app today fpl wizard pro 1.45. They have a couple of new features but I really like it for their fixture rotations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I paid for my first ever app today fpl wizard pro 1.45. They have a couple of new features but I really like it for their fixture rotations.

It's very good yeah. The custom option is good for trying out 4 into 2 or even 5 into three rotation hair brained schemes.

FHFC wrote: »
    I've been after him too.

This is what he told me

Just tweeted him back your pic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's very good yeah. The custom option is good for trying out 4 into 2 or even 5 into three rotation hair brained schemes.

You recommended it last year I think it's class.

• Advertisement

None of these apps seem to be on ios :( Anyone recommend a good Ios FPL app?

BUMP as discussed on Price Changes thread.

If as suggested its felt worth stickying feel free mods.

Aaaaaaagggggggjhhhhhhhhh

Aaaaaaagggggggjhhhhhhhhh

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dugout Fc - Fantasy Football have released an app on the play store, also available for eye phone, free app seemingly.

Invincible wrote: »
    Dugout Fc - Fantasy Football have released an app on the play store, also available for eye phone, free app seemingly.

I think that's its own game and nothing to do with FPL

Meant to bump this actually after discussion on General thread about FPL Resources.....

Might be my first time in 2 years with no Differential FPL :(

Steve Penna
    @stevepenna
    @FPLShorty @chrisoconnor2 I won't be updating it this year. I'm probably going to open-source it to see if anyone else wants to try

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Steve Penna
    @stevepenna
    @FPLShorty @chrisoconnor2 I won't be updating it this year. I'm probably going to open-source it to see if anyone else wants to try

An excellent app and a real shame. I'll see what the official one is like when it comes out, but may go for FFFix either.

I presume FF Buddy is also dead after it wasn't updated last season.

Steve Penna
    @stevepenna

Knew he wouldn't update. It stopped working properly for me about halfway through last season so I'm somewhat weaned off.

Big loss though. Hopefully someone develops it.

I saw that the FPL wizard rotation app updated the other day although I've not had a look yet.

• Advertisement

Seems like the Official app is out on iOS, nothing on my Play store yet so can't comment on if it's useful.

Steve Penna put Differential FPL on open source yesterday, would be amazing if it got updated though for new season. For anyone that uses FFFix app, does that give you live scoring/rivals like the section on their website?

Hopefully not too long for the android app strange that ios would go live first. Not sure I'm going to trust it for a few weeks at least!

Seems like the Official app is out on iOS, nothing on my Play store yet so can't comment on if it's useful.

Steve Penna put Differential FPL on open source yesterday, would be amazing if it got updated though for new season. For anyone that uses FFFix app, does that give you live scoring/rivals like the section on their website?

Fix app last year just has score alerts, live points and projected rank on matchdays. Basically the 'gameweek live' part of the site.

That and price change predictions. No rivals.

Advertisement