Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 5

Options

Comments

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    PS4. No issues with any other game. I'm gonna try keep a note of the disconnections tonight so i can give Square Enix some hopefully useful info they can check against.

Man that sucks, I haven't had a single one on the Xbox. So has to be down to PSN not playing nice with it somehow.

Some good news for the thread though , just got an email from square. Episode 3 is out May 31.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

For what it's worth ZC - I've not experienced those sorts of issues on PC either. Am at a friend's place this evening and he's got it on his PS4, so will see if I can give it a look and if there's any similar behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chatting with Square Enix earlier and they told me set my DNS to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I tested for 30 minutes and no error. Should have popped up about twice. Will be on for a couple of hours tonight to give it a proper test. That dns actually increased my psn speed by 20mbs which is mad. I'm on vodafone, would recommend others to try as well. I had zero other psn issues before this but google tells me those settings can fix multiple psn issues.

In Actual Hitman news, i just saw a Paris challenge including the catacombs and vampire magician, both of which I've never seen on multiple playthroughs. Looks like I've got some exploring to do.

Chatting with Square Enix earlier and they told me set my DNS to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I tested for 30 minutes and no error. Should have popped up about twice. Will be on for a couple of hours tonight to give it a proper test. That dns actually increased my psn speed by 20mbs which is mad. I'm on vodafone, would recommend others to try as well. I had zero other psn issues before this but google tells me those settings can fix multiple psn issues.

In Actual Hitman news, i just saw a Paris challenge including the catacombs and vampire magician, both of which I've never seen on multiple playthroughs. Looks like I've got some exploring to do.

Theres a few challenges related to that outfit, I missed it too. Also the whole left side of the house outside with the trucks etc I'd never explored at all until I was doing a contract.

My favourite kill in Paris was
    luring both targets with fireworks and pushing the woman off the balcony killing them both in one go
    :D

Yeah I was doing an Escalation last night and getting to and trying a level 5 one was just class, made me play the game completely different.

Do you have episode 2 Enfilade? worth the tenner?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was doing an Escalation last night and getting to and trying a level 5 one was just class, made me play the game completely different.

Do you have episode 2 Enfilade? worth the tenner?

Yeah just stated on it tonight, very different to Paris, bigger too. Think it has 10 opportunities. I thought I had the AI pegged but I failed horribly on my 1st blind run.

I haven't been able to move through the level as freely as I could in Paris, which is a good thing.

Played about 2 hours last night and it disconnected 4 times, 2 of those booting me to main menu. Definite improvement but issue is still there. Will see what SE think but I'd say the issue will be somewhere on my network even though I don't have any other issues. Pity if it can't be fixed, would put me off buying further episodes.

Shiminay, your friend mention any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Am I missing out on anything by waiting to purchase this? I'm in the middle of the Witcher and don't feel the need to start anything else yet.

We didn't get around to it last night I'm afraid (our FIFA Career in charge of Dagenham and Redbridge too priority :)), but he said he'd been playing it during the week and hadn't any issues. He's connecting via his 4G sim in his phone on Three's network.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Am I missing out on anything by waiting to purchase this? I'm in the middle of the Witcher and don't feel the need to start anything else yet.

It's a good game for sure, but stick with the Witcher. You're not missing out on this in any way by waiting.

• Advertisement

Agreed, this is great in the way an indie title where you can pick up and play for 20-30 minutes if you don't have a lot of time but when the new Witcher dlc comes out next week, NOTHING else will be getting a look in.

Played about 2 hours last night and it disconnected 4 times, 2 of those booting me to main menu. Definite improvement but issue is still there. Will see what SE think but I'd say the issue will be somewhere on my network even though I don't have any other issues. Pity if it can't be fixed, would put me off buying further episodes.

I meant to get back to you yesterday as I saw you mention you were on Vodafone BB. I mentioned I had no issues on the xbox but I am also on Vodafone BB. Google DNS also.

I'm not familiar with ports for PS4 but if you have ports forwarded for it you could try removing them from the list and enable UPnP in the router settings, it's down on the list in Advanced. That said, thats only ever been something I've had to do if I had multiple devices on the network trying to access the same ports at the same time like for example xbox one and 360, The one would connect but the 360 would fail to connect or one would disconnect randomly as I had the ports forwarded for Xbox One, works fine when I disable and use UPnP.

The other thing you could ask SE is if you need any additional forwarded in NAT on the off chance the games uses any odd ones.

Sound man, i have a feeling it's to do with Vodafone/router alright so will definitely look at the router settings and give it an ol testing.

Anyone play the Marrakesh level yet?

Only did one blind run so far. Didn't really like it on my first attempt. Got it done but very messy. Level seems to have less obvious blind spots you can subdue in and a lot more people. Way more spread out in in tmers of area you can cover compared to the 1st two but just didn't seem as interesting to walk around.

I did spot one potential kill method though that if it possible will be one of the best yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I feel like no one has written anything good about this game yet, but I think it's brilliant.

Square Enix deserve a lot of credit for trying to go back to an open world and what made Hitman great. Unfortunately customers have less of an attention span then when Hitman 2 (love that game) came out, but you can disable all the hints and get decent depth. Missions are definitely replay-able. There seems to be like alternative targets and stuff. As always, you can walk into the middle of the map, shoot the target and then charge out. Just like on the great Hitman games, but the fun is not doing that.

The episodic thing could work out really well. I think the full title on steam cost me 55 or so quid, which includes the first 7 episodes. But if they're selling well then maybe it'll push them to release more. As it is 7 missions, plus the two detailed training missions ain't bad.

I've enjoyed the first 2 missions, I've not quite been in the headspace to delve into the 3rd one properly, but I've spent about an hour looking around the place. I think the fact that it's episodic has helped me stay enthusiastic about the game and not feel like I've got a big game to get through and that because of time allowances, I may not be able to go back and re-do the previous missions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

A good time for me to weigh in.

I was highly critical of the devs/publishers decision to cut the game up into episodes here. A very big change from the default Hitman experience. Reluctantly I purchased the intro pack on Steam which consists of the prologue and the Paris mission.

I have to say I was way off on this one. The game really suits the episodic release schedule. Normally I would play through an entire game quickly and move on without exploring different scenarios and completing challenges however this game has inspired me to work each mission from every angle possible. Its great to have a window of a couple of weeks to play each mission and explore everything it has to offer before the next mission is released. Its nice to have something to look forward to also.

I like that the developers have scaled up the hitman world to encompass more NPC activity. Thats really appreciated and it adds to the experience. The only negative about this is that there are quite a few occurrences of glitching NPCs which it would be nice to see fixed. There is a great deal of variety and content in the Paris mission so I am delighted with the awesome replayability.

If the remaining 6 episodes stay on this arc I will be well impressed. I know 2 have been released since the intro pack. I have purchased the upgrade pack but I am still having loads of fun in the Paris mission for the moment. So far I have clocked 23 hrs gameplay from the intro pack. I am shocked it that much.

I have lmao at some of the kill opportunities that I come across. I don't use any guides or watch to see how others do missions so there is plenty to come across.

Hopefully they don't mess it up going forward. Its definitely been great value for money IMO. Going forward I would like to see Hitman games remain in the episodic release format :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I see it still costs more to buy the intro and then upgrade to than it is to buy the whole thing from the start. Not a very attractive way to encourage people into trying the game. The upgrade to the full package or buying per episode should total up to the price of the full package. Why punish people for being curious?

I can see it also still needs constant server connection and uses Denuvo which I refuse to support anymore. A shame since I think I would've eventually invested in this when it was finished or if it got linux support, which will never happen since they probably blew that money on Denuvo contractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I see it still costs more to buy the intro and then upgrade to than it is to buy the whole thing from the start. Not a very attractive way to encourage people into trying the game. The upgrade to the full package or buying per episode should total up to the price of the full package. Why punish people for being curious?

I can see it also still needs constant server connection and uses Denuvo which I refuse to support anymore. A shame since I think I would've eventually invested in this when it was finished or if it got linux support, which will never happen since they probably blew that money on Denuvo contractors.

The price difference isn't huge, and the always on thing hasn't really bothered me at all yet. But if you've got a personal vendetta that means you can't play a good game, then don't.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The pricing practice is typical for games when it comes to DLC and season passes. Not condoning it, but Square Enix are far from the only ones who do this. Buy in bulk and save over individual purchases.

The constant server connection is a gripe of mine but more on principal than actual inconvenience. In 49 hours I have suffered one disconnect and lost 5 minutes progress and on another occasion was unable to connect to the server one day for 5-10 minutes. Not massive problems in the grand scheme of things but I'd still rather it not be there. The Denuvo DRM doesn't bother me, hasn't caused me any issues.

I hear it was for a time at least extremely successfully at preventing piracy.

I like the game, good replay ability. But I don't think PC version is particularly well optimized and again while its not ruining the experience for me its detracting from it somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Azza wrote: »
    I hear it was for a time at least extremely successfully at preventing piracy.

That was said by Denuvo themselves as a marketing ploy. The only thing its doing sucessfully is draining the money of publishers who've been scared by DRM software traders, convincing them to buy their tripe.

Besides, most of the games that use it have been the definition of selling out. DRM isn't a dealbreaker for me but it certainly doesn't put the game in a good standing with me for a purchase. If it had lots of cool features to go with it (say maybe linux support) I'd be more forgiving but so far all the games have been consolised, unoptimised windows-only '10/10's as they're called. Not the kind of stuff I typically like to go near.

I'll never buy Denuvo games again.
    I like the game, good replay ability.

Good to hear. It ought since the series is known for that. :D
    The pricing practice is typical for games when it comes to DLC and season passes. Not condoning it, but Square Enix are far from the only ones who do this. Buy in bulk and save over individual purchases.

It's typical, sure. It's also good to break trends which I guess SE didn't seem interested in doing. And so I'll ignore the game based on this business model (among other things).
    The constant server connection is a gripe of mine but more on principal than actual inconvenience.

It's a bit more than a gripe in my books. Unless it's a free to play game or a game that's entirely about being online with other players then it's pretty much a dealbreaker. Why in the hell does a hitman game need a constant server connection. The answer is there's no reason. You'll miss out on online contracts? What's the problem with downloading them while you're online and then being able to play when you're offline? Some of my best gaming experiences I've had where when I had no internet connection, either from moving location or something else, some of the games being from this very series.

Oh well, I've got plenty of other things to play. Hopefully this will improve when all the episodes are released. Or I'll see it years from now for €3.95 with dropped servers and the DRM stripped. :pac:

I must be doing something wrong.

I can't seem to get the Silent Assassin - Suit only challenge complete.
    I don't kill anyone other than the targets in my suit, knock out a few guys and never have bodies found, never spotted. Its a real head scratcher.

Thats my usual after mission screen below.

1ZV5HVw.jpg

Edit: Just noticed I was spotted since I have 0 points under the spotted category. I replayed and got the challenge this time.

Security camera was what usually messed me up forgetting to get rid of the evidence / destroy tapes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Failsafe I'm surprised to see you picked this up considering how you were against the episodic structure especially considering you said you don't want to reward this structure of release...

tok9 wrote: »
    Failsafe I'm surprised to see you picked this up considering how you were against the episodic structure especially considering you said you don't want to reward this structure of release...

Thought he explained that a few posts up :confused:

I was of the same mind and also admitted I was wrong about this , it actually works really well on many levels.

Thought he explained that a few posts up :confused:

I was of the same mind and also admitted I was wrong about this , it actually works really well on many levels.

I don't see any explanation. I wouldn't consider 'reluctantly buying' being an explanation for going completely against what one said earlier.

I don't see any explanation. I wouldn't consider 'reluctantly buying' being an explanation for going completely against what one said earlier.
    Curiosity :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be fair, there's something to be said for somebody admitting 'I was wrong on this one' :)

It's easy to gloat - a few of us did suggest it would almost certainly work after all :p - but yeah can't begrudge anybody publicly saying they were way off (unless it was fricking Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson, but we're talking video games as opposed to economic/social Russian roulette here!). But yeah, that's why I'd always be reluctant to jump on to a pre-release outrage brigade - sure, plenty of developer/publisher decisions ultimately transpire to have been made cynically, but others are worth giving a chance to. Hell knows we need a few more AAA franchises that are willing to experiment, whether with distribution models or their very form.

This isn't meant to be a gloat. I haven't even purchased Hitman yet, mostly as I'm more focused on other games.

It'd just be a nice change if people weren't so hyperbolic and black and white regarding regarding something. 'Gamers' are always accused of having a serious lack of will. Something we all saw with that Modern Warfare 2 boycott nonsense. It's no wonder publishers don't take people too seriously. Actions are stronger than words as they say.

I'm not going to lie, I was also tempted to make a Brexit remark in one of the earlier posts.

• Advertisement

This isn't meant to be a gloat. I haven't even purchased Hitman yet, mostly as I'm more focused on other games.

It'd just be a nice change if people weren't so hyperbolic and black and white regarding regarding something. 'Gamers' are always accused of having a serious lack of will. Something we all saw with that Modern Warfare 2 boycott nonsense. It's no wonder publishers don't take people too seriously. Actions are stronger than words as they say.

I'm not going to lie, I was also tempted to make a Brexit remark in one of the earlier posts.

I wouldn't point to fan reaction as being hyperbolic in this instance.

Its important to remember how the game release structure was being frequently changed pre-launch and a lot of mixed messages were broadcasted. It became apparent that the devs were behind in the development of the game which was then confirmed post launch when they didn't stick with their release schedule for each episode.

I am delighted with how the game plays in an episodic release format but lets be real about it, the launch was possibly one of the worst I have ever seen. If you are taking a game franchise which has been around for 16 years and changing it from a full game into an episodic format you better have your A games in full effect.

Their constant restructuring of the game release format was damaging customer confidence in the product. Fans were left wondering... will the content be good, is there enough content, what are they hiding, why did they change format yet again, something is wrong with the game, etc, etc.

Now they have to win back fans like me one at a time.

Advertisement