Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth, Lamb of God, Children of Boom, Sylosis - 9 November

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

So with this not expected to sell out, do ya think it would be worth trying to get a cheaper ticket off a tout outside. No interest in sylosis or COB, so half thinking of heading up a bit later and hopefully catch someone trying to sell tickets cheaper outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

^ THIS, except for the tout part. Instead buy from a concertgoer that has brought an extra ticket from someone that pulled out last minute - they will happily let it go for half price. Hold up an A4 or A5 sheet that reads "I need a ticket" unless you prefer asking every single person walking around there individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Megadeth were great tonight, well besides coming on late and ditching 3 songs because of it and Dave's vocal needing a turn up, but besides that everything was tight.

The crowd on the other hand were horrific, had something pulled on me by this rather large scumbag during Symphony after he barreled through my girlfriend and her sister, it was woeful near the front, assholes and daytripers who had no clue what moshing or the pit was about.

Not a kneejerk response and have been to 100s of gigs, but tonight had a first in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Was upfront throughout and loved it.

Seen lots falling in the pit and as ever people went out of their way to get them back on their feet.

You might just have been in a bad spot.

In My Darkest Hour was the highlight of the night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Xenji wrote: »
    Megadeth were great tonight, well besides coming on late and ditching 3 songs because of it and Dave's vocal needing a turn up, but besides that everything was tight.

Could've sworn they'd played less than LoG alright.

Anyway to the lads who returned my phone, sound again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

The crowd on the other hand were horrific, had something pulled on me by this rather large scumbag during Symphony after he barreled through my girlfriend and her sister, it was woeful near the front, assholes and daytripers who had no clue what moshing or the pit was about.

Not a kneejerk response and have been to 100s of gigs, but tonight had a first in it.
    Risteard wrote: »
    Could've sworn they'd played less than LoG alright.

Anyway to the lads who returned my phone, sound again.

If anyone managed to get setlists from the stage or sound desk, can ye take a photo of them and include it here?

I didn't see any of the Megadeth setlist print outs - that were placed at various places on the stage before the gig - being handed out after the show.

It's always nice to get photo of them!

Sylosis played from 6pm till 6.28pm

Children of Bodom played from 6.49pm till 7.19pm

Lamb of God played from 7.50pm till 8.59pm.

Megadeth played from 9.44pm till 11pm.

What three songs did Megadeth leave out? Were they included on the setlist?

The gig was the first gig on a co-headlining tour which also includes four dates in the UK, so until the next gig takes place, can it be confirmed that they omitted three songs?

The listing for the gig on setlist.fm does not indicate that they played Thin Lizzy's Cold Sweat:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/3arena-dublin-ireland-1bf5256c.html

I just thought, that since they didn't start at 9.30pm as listed - and it wasn't stated on MCD's twitter what time they were due to end - that they had not intended playing any longer than 75 minutes, and therefore by starting at 9.45pm they could play till 11pm?

I was thinking that if they'd intended playing a 90 minute set, that they would have started at 9.30pm at the latest.

As it is advertised as a co-headlining tour, that would explain why the there wasn't much difference in the length of Megadeth and Lamb of God's sets.

http://www.megadeth.com/news/megadeth-lamb-god-co-headline-uk-eire-tour

MCD stated on twitter that ‏@mcd_productions · 16h16 hours ago
    "STAGE TIMES FOR MEGADETH TONIGHT
    DOORS: 17.30
    Sylosis: 18.00
    Children Of Bodom: 18.50
    Lamb of God: 19.50
    Megadeth: 21.30 - close"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What three songs did Megadeth leave out? Were they included on the setlist

A Tout Le Monde, Kingmaker and P.E. #1

Prob not the other poster is referring to the setlist from their previous show which was in Russia but wasn't co headline with LOG there so they had more time.

Dublin set is up on setlist.fm

Only hearing Randy Blythe was attacked by scumbags on Sunday night when he was out walking disgraceful got struck in the head and his glasses broken the man has no luck in Europe.

Show was decent done better than I expected too obviously it was never gonna sell out but it was certainly worth their while.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I only saw LOG and Megadeth and enjoyed it overall.

Is it just me or were LOG a lot louder? I was standing further back for them and that's how it seemed to me.

Yeah Mustaine's voice seemed very low in the mix, could barely hear him at times, that new guitar player was brilliant, he got the Tornado of Souls solo bang on.

Have to say I never realised Mustaine was such a good rhythm
    player, I thought he was an arrogant c*nt for saying he's one of the best rhythm guitarists in the world, looks like he can back it up :pac:

Was A Tout Le Monde a victim of the late start, thought it was kinda strange that they left it out.

Would have loved to see Megadeth play for another hour, they have the back catalogue to easily fill that much time, one minor downside was they played nothing off Youthanasia :(

Also I was forced to throw away a good bottle of water on the way in, was going to buy one in there but they were charging 3 Euro for a 500 ml bottle, the gouging bastards :mad:

A Tout Le Monde, Kingmaker and P.E. #1

Prob not the other poster is referring to the setlist from their previous show which was in Russia but wasn't co headline with LOG there so they had more time.

Dublin set is up on setlist.fm

Only hearing Randy Blythe was attacked by scumbags on Sunday night when he was out walking disgraceful got struck in the head and his glasses broken the man has no luck in Europe.

Show was decent done better than I expected too obviously it was never gonna sell out but it was certainly worth their while.

Yes, I think, it's often the case that when bands tour with that many other bands, they don't intend playing as long as 90 minutes each, and I guess if Megadeth had played those three songs it would have been a 90 minutes set.

When Europe and Black Star Riders played in the Olympia in March, I think they played around 1 hour 15 minutes each, or slightly less.

Edit: Black Star Riders started at 8.13pm and finished at 9.28pm.

Europe started at 9.52pm and played till 11.06pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Good gig overall.
    Would have liked to hear more of cob.
    Lamb of god were very impressive live , I hadn't heard much before last night.
    I was mainly there for megadeth and have to say the sound was awful, the songs might as well have been instrumental, very annoying , couldn't make out any lyrics.
    Seemed to me that most people were there for LOG
    The floor emptied when their set ended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Missed COB which was annoying but early start obviously necessary with so many bands.

Never really listened to LoG but enjoyed their set.

Sound for Dave's vocals was awful. Don't know if it was a technical issue (sounded like it was simply too low) or what but very disappointing. Most gigs I've been too in the O2 have been spot on in terms of sound so surprised by this. That said I still enjoyed them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

LoG were unreal, really enjoyed their set. Megadeth were fairly disappointing, couldn't hear vocals at all.

It has been stated by a few people on metalireland that Megadeth cut their set short by a few songs.

http://www.metalireland.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63477&start=105

I'm just curious how this can be suggested, considering that the gig last night was the first show of five dates co-headlining with Lamb of God?

I think this is being stated, based on previous concerts by Megadeth, which were not part of the same tour.

If anyone managed to get a copy of one of the print outs of the setlist at the gig, that might confirm, whether or not Megadeth played as long as they originally intended.

It has been stated by a few people on metalireland that Megadeth cut their set short by a few songs.

http://www.metalireland.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63477&start=105

I'm just curious how this can be suggested, considering that the gig last night was the first show of five dates co-headlining with Lamb of God?

I think this is being stated, based on previous concerts by Megadeth, which were not part of the same tour.

If anyone managed to get a copy of one of the print outs of the setlist at the gig, that might confirm, whether or not Megadeth played as long as they originally intended.

They came on stage 15 minutes late, hence the 3 missing songs, we will know more when we see the UK sets.

They came on stage 15 minutes late, hence the 3 missing songs, we will know more when we see the UK sets.

Unless we get to see the setlist print out from the gig, there is no way of knowing for certain, if they intended to play the three songs that were included in the earlier shows, in the last few weeks, the shows that were not part of the series of co-headlining shows with Lamb of God.

They played the same number of songs as Dublin, on some of the earlier shows on the tour, for example in Shanghai China on 8th October, but for other shows they played 17, or 18 songs, for example in Perth on 16th October.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/shanghai-indoor-stadium-shanghai-china-bf41126.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/metro-city-concert-club-perth-australia-3f4591f.html

In Japan they played 14 songs, and that particular show included A Tout Le Monde, but didn't include Fatal Illusion, which they played in Dublin.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/saitama-super-arena-saitama-japan-43f4035f.html

They have also played songs in different orders from gig to gig, for example Peace Sells was the last song before the encore in Dublin, whereas at the Shanghai gig, - according to the listing on setlist.fm, and working on the basis that it is accurate - it was the last song and it would appear they didn't play Holy Wars.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/shanghai-indoor-stadium-shanghai-china-bf41126.html

China doesn't have bands play if they don't submit lyrics and so can even dictate if a song can't make the cut quite likely playing Holy Wars... was a big no no.

As for the setlist I'd say it's likely just A Tout Le Monde dropped and the setlist for the UK is the same so you'll know soon.

China doesn't have bands play if they don't submit lyrics and so can even dictate if a song can't make the cut quite likely playing Holy Wars... was a big no no.

As for the setlist I'd say it's likely just A Tout Le Monde dropped and the setlist for the UK is the same so you'll know soon.

I understand that, about China's laws on censorship, but I wonder what was stopping them replacing Holy Wars with something else?

It reminds me about the Iron Maiden gig in Belfast in August 2011, where they didn't play The Trooper, presumably because of the Union Jack flag Bruce Dickinson waves during the song, and I guess also because of the way the UDA have used the image of the cover of the single, in the murals that were painted in Derry and Carrickfergus.

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/mccormick/photos/no330.htm#photo

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/mccormick/album35.htm

The description, of the Carrickfergus mural, from the CAIN site states:

"Show No Mercy and Expect None". Iron Maiden’s "Eddie" in red military uniform carrying a rifle and a tattered UDA flag. In its original form, this commonly used Loyalist image formed the front cover artwork of the Iron Maiden single "The Trooper" released in June 1983 and was painted by Derek Riggs. In this mural version, the grim reaper stands in the background. Three graves are marked by crosses; they read "G. Adams, McGuiness and A Maskey". " ‘B’ Coy. C-Fergus" with the UFF crest".

http://extramuralactivity.com/2015/02/23/show-no-mercy/

There are also mugs sold, with the UDA interpretation of the Trooper single cover.

At that Belfast gig, Iron Maiden didn't replace the song, they played a song less in Belfast, than any other show on the tour.

Unless we get to see the setlist print out from the gig, there is no way of knowing for certain, if they intended to play the three songs that were included in the earlier shows, in the last few weeks, the shows that were not part of the series of co-headlining shows with Lamb of God.

They played the same number of songs as Dublin, on some of the earlier shows on the tour, for example in Shanghai China on 8th October, but for other shows they played 17, or 18 songs, for example in Perth on 16th October.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/metro-city-concert-club-perth-australia-3f4591f.html

In Japan they played 14 songs, and that particular show included A Tout Le Monde, but didn't include Fatal Illusion, which they played in Dublin.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/saitama-super-arena-saitama-japan-43f4035f.html

They have also played songs in different orders from gig to gig, for example Peace Sells was the last song before the encore in Dublin, whereas at the Shanghai gig, - according to the listing on setlist.fm, and working on the basis that it is accurate - it was the last song and it would appear they didn't play Holy Wars.

The China shows were a disaster, they were basically hauled off stage at the first show and had to play instrumentals of a lot of the songs.

Fatal illusion was debuted in Australia.

The Japan shows were festival appearances.

The China shows were a disaster, they were basically hauled off stage at the first show and had to play instrumentals of a lot of the songs.

Fatal illusion was debuted in Australia.

The Japan shows were festival appearances.

Still though, If the other shows on the tour, were not co-headlining shows, it would suggest that Megadeth had the opportunity to play longer at those shows, for example the Australian gigs, than on these current shows with Lamb of God.

Does anyone have a photo of last night's setlist print out?:)

I went to the sound desk, a few minutes after the gig ended, but the sound man said they were all gone, so presumably they were handed out when the gig ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

LoG were unreal, really enjoyed their set. Megadeth were fairly disappointing, couldn't hear vocals at all.

Some would view a lack of Megadave's constipation grunts to be a good thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Sound for Dave's vocals was awful. Don't know if it was a technical issue (sounded like it was simply too low) or what but very disappointing. Most gigs I've been too in the O2 have been spot on in terms of sound so surprised by this. That said I still enjoyed them.

Have seen them a few times now and Dave's voice is usually that low in the mix I find anyway.

Does anyone have a photo of last night's setlist print out?:)

Dublin setlist was actually what was played....

Approx 6 min 30 theres your setlist printed in black n white

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Bit of a long shot here but there was a song played over the PA between Lamb of God and Megadeth that the crowd seemed to really be into. Half of them singing along, and a bit of a cheer when it was over. Somewhat unusual for a song played over the PA, which is why I'm wondering what song it was. I was half-deaf at this stage so didn't hear it perfectly, but the chorus went something like "I think I'm losing control" with the "I" note being held for a couple of seconds.

Like I said I was half-deaf, so the lyrics I think I got are probably all wrong, but cheers if anyone knows.

Bit of a long shot here but there was a song played over the PA between Lamb of God and Megadeth that the crowd seemed to really be into. Half of them singing along, and a bit of a cheer when it was over. Somewhat unusual for a song played over the PA, which is why I'm wondering what song it was. I was half-deaf at this stage so didn't hear it perfectly, but the chorus went something like "I think I'm losing control" with the "I" note being held for a couple of seconds.

Like I said I was half-deaf, so the lyrics I think I got are probably all wrong, but cheers if anyone knows.

Papa Roach - Last Resort ??

Papa Roach - Last Resort ??

It was less depressing than that. It was a hard rock/vaguely punkish song

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Alice In Chains - Them Bones ?

Alice In Chains - Them Bones ?

Nope, not it. This is driving me mental :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

Anybody know what the attendance was ? The standing felt A LOT emptier than last time I was there at slipknot and that wasn't even sold out.

Dublin setlist was actually what was played....

Approx 6 min 30 theres your setlist printed in black n white

Thanks for that.

It shows that even though they started at 9.44pm as opposed to 9.30pm, they played all the songs that they had originally intended.

According to setlist.fm, they played 14 songs in Glasgow on 11th November, and it was in the same order as Dublin, except that the Dublin show included Cold Sweat, as the 11th song.

Also, Lamb of God played the same set in Glasgow and Dublin

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2015/braehead-arena-glasgow-glasgow-scotland-33f51851.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lamb-of-god/2015/3arena-dublin-ireland-1bf52568.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lamb-of-god/2015/braehead-arena-glasgow-glasgow-scotland-3f5157f.html

• Advertisement

Nope, not it. This is driving me mental :mad:

I think Man in the Box was played at some point in between the bands

or maybe Down in a Hole was also played?

It includes the lyric "out of control".

or maybe Angry Chair?

I do recall an Alice in Chains tune being played, I can't for definite say which one, but I am inclined to think it was Man in the Box!:)

Advertisement