Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth, Lamb of God, Children of Boom, Sylosis - 9 November

Options
  • 13-07-2015 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭

As per thread title, playing 3Arena/Point. Tickets on sale Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Children Of Bodom, not Children Of Boom :P

11745644_10152841148442330_6646166062392438306_n.jpg?oh=05c9f375d8718453bf6c39f2b0255f3f&oe=56249783

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Never really listened to the other 3, but I'll be going for Megadeth.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So this is a co-headline? The point is surely too big for this craic, I'll be heading anyway can't help thinking this will be one of the rock/metal shows in the point where its half full and some of the f**kers won tickets to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember the movie the van when they worked outside a megadeth gig lol. A lot of non fans will just be there cause of this

Going to motley crue in Nov and def leopard in Dec so have to give this one a miss. Looks like a good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This will be my 7th time seeing Megadeth, just hope they actually change up the set like they had been doing last year, have seen all the support acts before and they are all very solid live, all 3 will also be supporting new albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Children Of Bodom, not Children Of Boom :P
    ]

Auto correct does that!

Mushy wrote: »
    Auto correct does that!

Damned auto correct :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to motley crue in Nov and def leopard in Dec so have to give this one a miss. Looks like a good gig.
    Same here. Would love to go to this but can't go to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭zenarcadian

Possibly the most boring metal lineup someone could have pulled from the idle mind of a rural teenager's formative musical experiences. Also, putting money in Dave Mustaine's pocket like he isn't a rabid right-wing douchebag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

I remember seen Megadeth in 2010 playing the Marquee, Cork. About 1500 attended. Two very mediocre albums later they're co-headlining the 3 arena. Just seems like strange booking.

leonh74 wrote: »
    I remember seen Megadeth in 2010 playing the Marquee, Cork. About 1500 attended. Two very mediocre albums later they're co-headlining the 3 arena. Just seems like strange booking.

I was at that show. Copped the free tic and thought they'd surely put the effort in for Rust in Peace. How wrong I was. :-( There was also surely not 1500 there: the back row/stands were almost entirely empty.

leonh74 wrote: »

I was at that show. Copped a ticket and thought they'd surely put the effort in for Rust in Peace. How wrong I was. :-( There was also surely not 1500 there: the back row/stands were almost entirely empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

Yeah I only reckon 1500. It could of been less because I know the Marquee holds about 5,000. (I may be wrong on that). From where I was standing at front row he's vocals we're very muddy. I don't think I'd bother shelling out €50 as I wouldn't have much interest in the other bands

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was at that Marquee show and thought it was great. There was also more than 1500 there. I was at the back so could actually see the crowd in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Will head into this but not gonna buy a ticket, be PLENTY closer to the time for half the price (comps etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

They'll close the top tier of seats and the ground level beyond the bottom of the lower tier, I was just at The Libertines last week with this set-up and surprisely it was great.
    Doesn't feel empty or too big at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Only one of The Big Four I haven't seen live, maybe it's time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Meet and Greet with Lamb of God and Children of Bodom......156Euro

Fcuk me, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask

Standing ticket got, roll on November 9th :D

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »

Do you even get to meet Megadeths Chris Adler? :D

scudzilla wrote: »

Fcuk me, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask

A friend of mine paid about £200 for a meet and greet package with Matchbox Twenty, that did not even include the ticket.

They played for the first time in almost a year at a festival in Québec; The setlist isn't very ambitious given the line-up change but imagine it would suit anyone seeing them for the first time. Imagine they'll be dropping that dire Lizzy cover in Dublin no doubt...
    1. Hangar 18
    2. Wake Up Dead
    3. In My Darkest Hour
    4. Skin o' My Teeth
    5. Sweating Bullets
    6. Tornado of Souls
    7. Dawn Patrol
    8. Poison Was the Cure
    9. Kingmaker
    10. Trust
    11. A Tout Le Monde
    12. She-Wolf
    13. Symphony of Destruction
    14. Peace Sells
    Encore:
    1. Cold Sweat
      (Thin Lizzy cover)
    2. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

They played for the first time in almost a year at a festival in Québec; The setlist isn't very ambitious given the line-up change but imagine it would suit anyone seeing them for the first time. Imagine they'll be dropping that dire Lizzy cover in Dublin no doubt...
    1. Hangar 18
    2. Wake Up Dead
    3. In My Darkest Hour
    4. Skin o' My Teeth
    5. Sweating Bullets
    6. Tornado of Souls
    7. Dawn Patrol
    8. Poison Was the Cure
    9. Kingmaker
    10. Trust
    11. A Tout Le Monde
    12. She-Wolf
    13. Symphony of Destruction
    14. Peace Sells
    Encore:
    1. Cold Sweat
      (Thin Lizzy cover)
    2. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

That setlist has been standard for the last two years at festivals, with at most 2-3 changes, seeing that this is a co headlining show with Lamb of God, expect something similar, although they are not playing again till November so they may have more time to practice and probably throw in a new song.

I must say though from watching some of the Youtube videos from the show, that Daves voice is the strongest it has been for years.

Wrong Megadeth have an appearance at Japan's Loud Park in October, then Dublin in November.

Wrong Megadeth have an appearance at Japan's Loud Park in October, then Dublin in November.

I meant outside of festivals, although they are headlining the Sunday show, so they should play longer than in Quebec.

Silly question, but hopefully someone can help out, I have to pick up the ticket for the gig at the O2 box office, even though i've been in the O2 before, is the box office inside the door of the venue after security scan the ticket and your allowed in or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Silly question, but hopefully someone can help out, I have to pick up the ticket for the gig at the O2 box office, even though i've been in the O2 before, is the box office inside the door of the venue after security scan the ticket and your allowed in or what??

Yes, it is inside the venue, so here's what you need to do:

The exact location of the box office is here:
    http://w3w.co/brand.digit.major

If you tell one of the Stewards that you have a box office collection, they will usually let you in here without any queuing:
    http://w3w.co/crowned.shakes.marble

If they don't let you in directly, you will need to get in the queue for this security point:
    http://w3w.co/skins.chips.apply

(zoom into these three linked maps, these pinpoints are EXACT locations.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

I'd be happy with that played list. Bringing the young lad (8) with me for his first metal gig, he's already well up for it.

Has a lot to live up to though, was at Deathcrusher last night and that was immense

• Advertisement

Stage times for Monday

DOORS: 17.30
    Sylosis: 18.00
    Children Of Bodom: 18.50
    Lamb of God: 19.50
    Megadeth: 21.30 - close

Advertisement