Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to limit Firearm usage :)

Options
  • 11-07-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

In for a substitution recently and after having my application lost, a new one sent put and my original application found and processed, I received my new license, minus some items.

Notably the 'S' was missing but the new ammo allowance was an all time low :p

IMG_20150710_222240_zpsjmtphtic.jpg

Ive since spoken to the supers office and the 'S' will be on the reissued license as will the ammo amount I requested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

You sir, have a licence to own a fancy baseball bat.. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I saw a licence where the only condition was that the firearm was "not to be discharged within the state". Unbelievable, especially when one of the conditions for getting the license in the first place was to be a member of a club (so that the owner has somewhere safe to dry fire).

Unfortunately this condition was very deliberately put on the license, unlike the typo above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

2011 wrote: »
    I saw a licence where the only condition was that the firearm was "not to be discharged within the state". Unbelievable, especially when one of the conditions for getting the license in the first place was to be a member of a club (so that the owner has somewhere safe to dry fire).

Unfortunately this condition was very deliberately put on the license, unlike the typo above.

Was that be chance someone with a very large cal big game rifle?Good chance that if it was that could be a potential death sentence for the owner if they were hunting dangerous game and not knowing if their rifle will fire or not.The most terrifying sound is hearing CLICK when you should be hearing BANG when some large weighty or toothy critter is bearing down on you.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Was that be chance someone with a very large cal big game rifle?Good chance that if it was that could be a potential death sentence for the owner if they were hunting dangerous game and not knowing if their rifle will fire or not.The most terrifying sound is hearing CLICK when you should be hearing BANG when some large weighty or toothy critter is bearing down on you.

No, it was a 9mm CZ Shadow and I saw the license.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

OOHHH CZ Shadow... Nice bit of kit.:) Still a farsical condition no matter what!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

In fairness with a DG rifle they should probably impose a minimum usage requirement. That'd be more useful! (Would hurt the pocket mind)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Essentially the only thing missing there was one of these :

Node:IOGLO000030000900001000040000H0001M0001L0000E000020000J0001Y0000200YG8.ViewAsset

................. cause displaying it would have been all the gun was good for. Suppose though, thinking like the Super, his thinking was if i don't let him have ammo then he hardly needs a suppressor. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement