Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

******** BOARDS SSF PHOTOBOOK LAUNCH - THIS SATURDAY 5th September 2015 *********

Options
  • 06-07-2015 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

The Boards 2014 Photobook launch has been set for the 5th September at 7.30pm. We will have to Skype in Cabansail who unfortunately is now in the middle of his return journey to Australia.

It promises to be a great event and we look forward to seeing you there!

There will be a Photowalk on the day of the launch - so if you're traveling to Dublin for the event keep that in mind, it will start at 11am. A separate thread will be posted closer to the time with the details and the route.

Can you make it? 23 votes

I'll be at the launch but can't do the Photowalk!
    0% 0 votes
    I'll be at both launch and Photowalk!
    47% 11 votes
    Can't make either unfortunately!
    13% 3 votes
    Not sure yet.. must check with the boss
    39% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MEERKAT 86

MANY THANKS FOR THE GOOD NEWS LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING UP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I'll be at the launch but the photowalk is a little early for me to get in from Westmeath so I'm not sure about that one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Saruman wrote: »
    I'll be at the launch but the photowalk is a little early for me to get in from Westmeath so I'm not sure about that one yet.

You can always join us later.. that's not a problem. We'll be strolling along a route, with lunch along the way. See how your day plans out sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Sadly I don't think I will be able to go :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will attend via Skype.

Hopefully my wife will attend instead.

• Advertisement

Can't believe it's this weekend!!!

We are very lucky to have a presentation on the night from one of our own posters, Art Deko who has had a fantastic year so far. I think you will all be very familiar with his work and it promises to be a great start to the night. No pressure Greg! :)

Earlier in the day there will be a Photowalk, starting at 11am. We are just finalising the route and open to any suggestions (if there is somewhere in particular you would like to visit, then get in touch asap).

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Thanks for reminder!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Must be more than the Poll shows going?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be at the evening! (Cant make the walk I'm afraid :( )

Tom.

Just in case - the launch will be in the Boards.ie offices this year - don't turn up at DCC!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Sorry guys, heading to Killarney this weekend. Hope it goes really well.

Myksyk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, heading to Killarney this weekend. Hope it goes really well.

Awh that's a pity!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Added a bit of bling to the subject line... will unsticky it to let it float for a little while now (and then sticky it again in a couple of hours).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Sweet, cant wait till mine comes in the post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

The poll is private, can't see who said yes and no :(

Wish we had a much better idea of who was going, I wonder is there a way of getting poll to vote, lol

Also, I want to vote but can we have another option that says definitely going to the book launch but not sure yet about the photowalk..? Please and thanks :)

It's weird I can't change it either.

Not long to go now! A few have emailed to say they're looking forward to the launch, it'd be nice to get an idea of numbers though so please vote or post if you are/aren't coming!

Tiriel wrote: »
    It's weird I can't change it either.
    Even weirder... I cant change it it seems :)

THIS GIANT POLL WILL KILL US ALL!!!

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

Tiriel wrote: »
    Not long to go now! A few have emailed to say they're looking forward to the launch, it'd be nice to get an idea of numbers though so please vote or post if you are/aren't coming!

I'll be at the launch, not sure about the photowalk yet

DeVore wrote: »
    Even weirded... I cant change it it seems :)

THIS GIANT POLL WILL KILL US ALL!!!

T.

Are you new here?

Maybe have a look at the Newbies & FAQ forum.

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    Are you new here?

Maybe have a look at the Newbies & FAQ forum.
    Are you a wizard?

inkedpt wrote: »
    I'll be at the launch, not sure about the photowalk yet

Ah go on! I want to try out that trick you had last time of zooming in/out as you were taking the shot, that was you wasn't it?! I guess I'll have to wait until dark for that though most likely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Unfortunately I cant make it either. I am sorry if this question is answered elsewhere but what is the best way to get our copy of the book if we cant make it on Saturday.

Did you pay for delivery?

It can be collected from Boards.ie :)

On a side note, we would love to raise as much as we can for the Santa Strike Force as part of this book launch.

If anyone can sponsor a prize (or your company/etc. - be it a voucher, photo print, anything at all!) please get in touch. All help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Did you pay for delivery?

Anyway to pay for delivery now? As it looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend either :(

Virtual wrote: »
    Anyway to pay for delivery now? As it looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend either :(

I'm not sure how that will work because books etc. are in boards.ie

We'll see how many people need to do this after the launch and work it out somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks guys. I didnt pay for delivery as I expected to make it to the launch. Will drop into HQ next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Must be more than the Poll shows going?

I only found the poll by going back through @BoardsPhotobook twitter feed :(

Advertisement