Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know when you're an addict (golf)....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

when your in the middle of a round of golf and thinking of where you could play next or if anyone your playing with would play another 18 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

went to a wedding in Killaney a few years ago - late late night.....
    Convinced myself i could get up at 6.30 & drive home collect my clubs and drive back at Killarney for a teetime at 10.00
    Made it and didn't embarrass myself too much:)
    Forgot to eat and when my playing partner produced ham sandwiches on the 8th hole i begged him as I was starving - neither of us knew about the cafe between the 9th and 10th hole, I bought him another sandwich and a beer and we had a good laugh about how hungover everyone was

The joys

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    I went on holiday last year with the wife and daughter.
    I ended up bringing the two of them to the driving range but it wasn't long before I sent them off back to the hotel while I jumped out for a round with a German bloke called Axel and his wife

Sounds like there could be more to that story than just the golf....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm away with work for the next couple of days. The first thing I did was throw the clubs into the company car.

For the evenings obviously :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Can't understand the comments re holidays outside outings as this is a given surely, currently sunning it in Orlando avoiding my least favourite outing of the year

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

When you start to feel sad cause you've te'ed off on the 16th and you know there's only 3 holes left to play.
    Always happens to me when I play especially in belmullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

When I get a €200 phone bill and presume it's because of the golf holiday in Portugal but on inspection realise it's because I watched most of the US Open on my phone at work. Worth every cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

We you drive 30mins to a course to find out its closed, ring ever course in a 20mins radius, all closed so drive 1hr 10mins from home just to play 9 holes in 4degree cold and a small bit of rain #ILoveGolf

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

When you play your favourite, or latest, course in your head to get to sleep. No need for any sheep around here. Problem is, I rarely make it to the second green......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

slave1 wrote: »
    When you sit on the YR website to get the first glimpse of next weeks weather

Or as they're known in my house, "My Norwegian friends"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

When at the same time every week you're sitting at a computer constantly refreshing the page whilst waiting for the weekend timesheet to open and hoping the club slowcoach doesn't jump on the sheet with you.

You know your obsessed when you're willing to play the full 18 and need to empty the water out of the bottom of you're bag afterwards:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

When you play your favourite, or latest, course in your head to get to sleep. No need for any sheep around here. Problem is, I rarely make it to the second green......

I am not alone!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

When your checking localised weather to see how far you have to travel for a game on your day off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

When a new Protracer compilation video is posted on Youtube :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

.....when you organise a half day because you know the course will be closed tomorrow and you'll likely not get a game, and then play 14 holes, 10 of which with a numb face from the breeze off the sea!

Great to get the fresh air though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

When you go curtain shopping with your wife, just to make sure she picks good heavy drapes for hitting balls into.

Advertisement