Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MK108

Hopefully everyone that's finished the process will get some good news soon🤞

No not done it yet, still waiting. Best of luck in your Interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheBackRoads

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Gammyeye

Got an offer today to start driver training next month. Absolutely delighted! It's a long road but I hope it's worth it. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheBackRoads

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DustyShowbiz

Congratulations @Gammyeye is that Diesel or Dart training?, Best of luck 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Designator

Congrats !

When did you do your final line manager interview? And which depot are you in for may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snobs24

@gazzac it went well they just went over the questions I filled in

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jumpinjohnny85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Gammyeye

Depot in the west. It came quickly in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hbac

Any tips for Line manager interview ? If you’ve been through that part so far. Im not sure what extra to prepare and how much the questions will differ to the 16pf interview. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Corkman64

Has anyone been through the process including line manager interview more than once and succeeded?

I applied early 2023 campaign and did the line manager interview, and also applied for the late 2023 campaign in case of not progressing. I was unsuccessful after the line manager interview and then in November received the email from late 2023 campaign saying Dublin applicants were being prioritised and regional applications would be progressed in the following months.

Heard nothing since, as expected anyway with the long wait times, but just wondering if anyone has gone through a similar scenario before?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Alpha1-1Cretty

Still waiting for the first interview at the moment.

If anyone else who is also in my position sees this just know that the fail interviews from phase 2 testing have already been handed out.

Be patient. You've not been forgotten. HR will get around to you with an interview invite eventually. Don't doubt yourselves!

I did my line manager interview back in September and got no rejection email or anything, in December I emailed the lady that interviewed me asking if there was any update and she told me she’d contact me in the next week to let me know of any update but heard nothing since. So I guess I’m still just waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DuckDope

I'm in the same boat as you. Have applied for a second time after being unsuccessful in the line manager interview. I was told my assessment results from the first application are still good for 24 months so maybe we'll skip straight to the line manager interview again. All in all I'm not too confident as I think the vast majority of positions are for Dublin. I applied for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 samcro_savagery

Does anybody have an idea of how many driver(Dart or Diesel) classes are happening this year and when the next one is starting?

Would love to know this too. Seems to be a backlog as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 samcro_savagery

Just got an invite for a 16pf interview next week. Check your email folks.

Post edited by samcro_savagery on

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrowBoard

I think you're making general assumptions there. Some rejection emails have been sent out, but that doesn't mean more won't be sent out later. If they fill the panel from those who got 16pf/line manager interviews before you, there's still a risk that you'll get a "thanks, but no thanks" email later - that happened to a friend of mine in the 2019 campaign.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone who did the line manager interview in the last couple of weeks has heard back yet? Friend of mine did it & has heard nothing since & is getting a bit anxious/impatient...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 leev24

Hey everyone new to this forum stumbled upon this thread! Loads of great information here so I'll add my own experience too if it helps.

I was looking for more information on Irish Rail train driver job.

I did my first assessment online on 29/10/23 finished my online tests by middle of December, went for phase 1 testing middle of December, did phase 2 11th January, personality test 19th January, 16pf interview 8th February, I've just done my medical today 5/3 and have my line managers interview Thursday 7/3.

I applied for Dublin/Bray for train driver position.

The medical was as follows;

Finger prick test for bloods for diabetes/liver function/cholesterol etc urine test for drug screen, eyesight test (don't forget your glasses or contacts), colour blindness test, eye test left and right and grey scale type eye test, height, weight, ECG trace.

The 16pf interview was good Ciaran from the training centre in Inchicore was the person doing my interview. It went on a bit I could tell he was trying to get more detailed information from me but I found it hard to get it across . That being said I've got the line managers interview so what I'd say for both interviews is definitely the STAR approach for the situational examples such as how you reach in an emergency situation or difficult situation I found that hard.

I now am focusing on those to get across my skills and how they transfer for the line manager interview on Thursday. It's been a long road but I'm happy with the work I've put into it.

Best of luck to everyone this round! Hope that information helps anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 leev24

I will post info on my line managers interview tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johng88

Hi guys so I've completed my 16pf and line manager interview and am waiting to hear back from that and going for medical but no word on that just yet. I did the line manager interview on 29/2 felt it went well like it has been said before safety is the key to what they want to hear and customer service so try your best to come across friendly which is tough with nerves. I'm getting a bit antsy waiting to hear back but it does seem to be a thing reading everyone's comments. If I hear back soon I will let you all know fingers crossed and best of luck to you all.

I did my medical and line manager interview back in September and still am waiting to hear back. Emailed them before Xmas to ask if there was any update and was told they would email me the following week to update me and still haven’t heard anything , so be patient , takes a while

• Registered Users Posts: 37 slowclap

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johng88

From someone I know who made it through last year they got a phone call to inform them after the interview and medical so don't be rejecting unknown numbers haha.

It's mad that it can be left so long they should have some system to update people who are waiting months. I hope you hear soon I'm a week waiting and I'm already anxious so can only imagine how others feel.

@BarrowBoard

You're right, No need for me to assume anything whatsoever. Since posting that I've definitely slipped into doubt quite a bit I've begun to conclude that I might be snookered this time around. Guess I'll be back next time. Until then, I'll make sure I remain in here and try to boost the morale!

The important thing to remember is that no news is just that - no news. For some people, it'll have a happy outcome when HR eventually get in touch, for others, the news might not be good. There are people waiting for news at various stages of the process - some, like you, have done the assessments, some have got through the 16pf interview & others are waiting for news after the line manager interviews.

I know of at least one driver who waited almost two years between stages. It's a matter of getting on with your life & if a message ever drops into your inbox, deal with whatever the news is then.

• Advertisement

@BarrowBoard

I appreciate the advice. Once I read your response it definitely made me ease up a bit and not treat it all like life or death.

As it turns out I recieved my invite this morning. My attitude from here on in is just take it as it comes.

Thanks again Barrow

Advertisement