Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Designator

You’ll be waiting , I have all online exams done, all in person exams done, medical , final interview all done since three months ago and still waiting to hear back. Be patient but also know that they have also reopened the mallow training centre so that might speed things up

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alpha1-1Cretty

@magi2407

That's honestly rough to hear man. I haven't received feedback as of yet.

Ran out of time on RAAT with one question to go on the last page. I imagined I did alright.

As far as miniSCAAT goes I felt I was quicker than I expected but everyone thinks that as I've heard. I got 4-6 missed letters I think but still made it through.

I have the first pen and paper assesment tomorrow and I'm comfy with the dials and communication tests. Im really scared of the Raat based one and I've been obsessing all week. May see how it goes I guess.

Try as many times as you need to man that's all I can say. This is a dream of many lads and lasses.

Hope things fare better next time is all I can say. Cheers!

Best of luck to everyone doing phase 1 driver assesments tomorrow and Monday. 💪💪

• Registered Users Posts: 20 recruit1994

how did people find those tests today?

surely the pass rate on that 1st test is low enough? Quite difficult with only 10 mins of reading/ memorizing of passage before answering 30 questions on it unassisted

other two tests were handy I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Yeah, it knocks a good few out. But it is a good indicator of your ability to retain the kind of information you need. The SCAAT is the next tricky one.

• Advertisement

Craig here,

White shirt and slacks lad.

Yeah the first RAAT type one was rough enough.

Second one was fairly fun. Got about 35 ish down I think and didn't mess any up.

I could swear the male driver's name was Joan on the rWCE😂😂. Fairly comfortable with that but ran out of room in the report section so I had to go onto the border a bit.

Hope yous all did fairly well!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jumpinjohnny85

Has anyone ever had a medical and had to go back for a follow up? I had high blood pressure on the day of my initial medical but all sorted now with my GP.

Just wondering if I'll be expected to complete full medical again or will it just be to clarify their queries about my BP.

Anyone else have a simular experience in this at all?

Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thecallkid

Had identical experience. BP high on the day, rechecked with pharmacy, emailed result over to IR and moved on. Didn't have to go back to IR doc at all.

Think it's checked again at end of driver training.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Designator

I had the exact same but she told me I still passed the medical but wanted me to get another check done with my doctor which I’m doing next week and then back to CIE doctor in January again

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I was put on a med by my doctor as I was slightly high after being monitored for 48hrs. All under control and no longer an issue now (was 4 months ago) I'm assuming this is why I'm being called back.

I was just wondering if I'd have to complete the whole medical again or if it will just be a case of them following up on my BP.

• Advertisement

Cheers Designator, thanks for the response. Do you know if we woukd need to complete the medical in full or will it just be a BP check?

How many times do you have to go to Inchicore/elsewhere as part of the application process? What are the phases of the application process, probably a similar question I suppose.

Two days of testing at inchicore. Two interviews online.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gazzac

Anybody receive an email in relation to station operatives positions today

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnny1000

Yup, I got one to say that I passed and that I'm on a panel for 24 months.

Ya I got the same today , anybody know what they mean by face to face assessment centres  , is it inchicore for similar to drivers positions

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnny1000

I'm wondering that too ! Is it the same process as the drivers or not as intense because not driving the trains ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LaCla

Got the

Got it today,i don't know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Failed the assessment for the driver job on a more positive note got an email today to say I've been selected to go forward for the face to face assessment for the station operative position which will be sometime in the next 24 months according to the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 corcaigh12

When did you do the assessment? Done phase one on Friday 8th and waiting to hear back..

• Advertisement

Assessment is what you did at home to qualify you for Phase 1

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gammyeye

Anyone that has been through the process for driver, how long has it taken to hear back after medical to see if all is well? I have everything else completed and just anxious I could fall at this hurdle.

If medical is passed, what are next steps? Contact with GP? Reference? CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LaCla

For station operative applicant i got email saying that I'm on a panel of 24 months. Does it means that i could wait 2 years to hear back from them?

They often tell you at the medical whether you have passed it or not. If you remember the doctor who did the final part with you, you could contact them to ask.

No reason to contact your GP if everything was normal. You'll probably get the email to say they'll be in touch in due course. Checking references is the last step and is usually just done over the phone.

What station have ye applied for station operative

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MK108

Hey, just wondering if anyone heard back about the latest phase 1 tests in Inchicore?

@MK108 Nothing so far. I don't imagine we'll be left sitting too long though. Admin said it could be a few weeks. Successful applicants should be doing phase 2 mid January.

I'd suspect we won't hear until early Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magicjohnson94

Hi lads,

I done phase 1 tests in Inchicore 7th december, and guy said that no message from them before end of the year is a good sign because they will be contacting people which didnt go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

You should get sorted for a station op job very quickly as they are short staffed plus there are a heap of retirees next year. What area was you looking for?

Advertisement