Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

All things 152

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Won't have my 152 transit till end of July 😡, ordered 3 months ago , what's hold up it's only a van ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If it's not in stock or has extras/unusual version it's going to be a factory order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Transit comes from Turkey too IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

ubs69 wrote: »
    Won't have my 152 transit till end of July 😡, ordered 3 months ago , what's hold up it's only a van ?

I heard theres a serious delay on transit passenger versions, is this what yours was by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Pov06 wrote: »

Ah but the chape tax loike...

Just curious
    what do you drive yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

152 Mayo cars were in the 70's as of this morning, seen a few registered Fords at the dealers this morning, lined up, ready for collection. It's a high number for the first day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

vectra wrote: »
    Just curious
    what do you drive yourself?

1.0 Yaris AFAIK

colm_mcm wrote: »
    1.0 Yaris AFAIK

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

It's just plain white transit ,

colm_mcm wrote: »
    1.0 Yaris AFAIK

You'd be crucified by tax on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ubs69 wrote: »
    It's just plain white transit ,

There are massive delays on Vans full stop. Huge demand throughout Europe is far exceeding production capabilities.

I've 2 Kangoo Maxi's on order since the 23rd December which only arrived in to the country last week, and I've 2 special build Transit Customs on order since 30th Jan that aren't due to be built until the 17th July and we only got that build date due to escalating the situation to Ford Europe.

My Ford dealer won't sell a Transit unless he can physically see it as delay's are pi$$ing off too many people at this stage.

Opel vans are about the only ones coming through in a decent time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Saw a 152 Honda today!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

doovdela wrote: »
    Saw a 152 Honda today!

Me too :D it was a Civic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

152 Civic down here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Saw a pulsar first, white and paddy spec. Then an a6 s line and finally a range rover sport. Looked to be massive spec like a vogue etc and it had huge red calipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Saw a beaut 152 Golf GTi tonight in North Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saw a 152 Corolla today, thought the back of it looked terrible, it's no wonder that the Golf is massively outselling it, Toyota have let their design go to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Brasso

Saw my first today, a sh!t brown Hyundai i10, really awful colour. I've seen some of that model in a horrible grey also. Seen a 152 Qashqai also, very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Collected my 152 ford fiesta today. Being spinning around in at all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭noelf

Got my car on Friday as well :)

• Advertisement

Well wear, both of ye. Noelf, is that dealer website on the back window on the outside? Can't imagine it staying on long if so. Looks very well, it's a highline isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭noelf

Well wear, both of ye. Noelf, is that dealer website on the back window on the outside? Can't imagine it staying on long if so. Looks very well, it's a highline isn't it?

Ye it's on the outside I have already pulled off another sticker that was inside the window plus they have their name on the reg plate .. ye highline with the light upgrade ..

noelf wrote:
    Ye it's on the outside I have already pulled off another sticker that was inside the window plus they have their name on the reg plate .. ye highline with the light upgrade ..

Some dealers go too far with stamping everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bK7cm6Y.jpg

feck the green party:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

marathonic wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the xx1/xx2 plate was going to have much impact on used car prices.

Looking at 131 and 132 cars, there appears to be little difference in values but I feel that it'll be more significant going forward.

For example, consider someone that normally buys a new car, keeps it for 3 years and then sells it. That being the case, someone buying a 152 plate will be selling it when 182 plates are released.

With that in mind, there will be 6 years worth of dual-plate vehicles on the market at resale time. The dual-plate system will be pretty mainstream at that time and I feel that the difference in resale value between xx1 and xx2 plates will be more significant.

For that reason, I feel that it's good advice to hold off on purchasing new cars in the later part of the first half of the year going forward - much better advice than it would have been in past years.

Would anyone else be in agreement?

I don't think it'll have that much effect to be honest. After 3 years the car is a 3 yr old regardless of the plate and I can't see the tight fisted irish buyer paying a premium for a xx2 plate over an xx1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

bK7cm6Y.jpg

I can't get over that, *16* cars for the WHOLE country in the top emissions band. Mental.

Those dealer stickers above on the back windows are shocking too, the size of them! Best of luck with the cars though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Frank Keane takes the absolute piss with the sticker bombing. I wouldn't take it off his forecourt until all that tat was removed!

When's yours due Joe?

When's yours due Joe?

When is your's due?

Can't wait for mine :pac:

333l9x1.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd say around the third week of August. Build week 30.

Advertisement