Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF competitions + prizes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I am alright, I just hope it stays that way:). I just hope last season isn't going to be a one hit wonder!
    FHFC wrote: »
    I've joined the league there and so far its the organiser, me and Edgbaston!! He's keen lads, he's keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hackers wrote: »
    I am alright, I just hope it stays that way:). I just hope last season isn't going to be a one hit wonder!

It was our nemesis Edgbaston I was on about, the only one to have signed up and got a league code apart from me when I first got the code a while ago.
    I see a few of ye in there now.

BTW, what do yis think of the Champions League option and will many of yis do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

It was our nemesis Edgbaston I was on about, the only one to have signed up and got a league code apart from me when I first got the code a while ago.

BTW, what do yis think of the Champions League option and will many of yis do both?

group stage exit for me id imagine but im in for both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I will setup the Boards Pay League tomorrow.

Important note re the Harps League, if you are entering for the first time and wanted to do the Champions League as well it is initially being given as first refusal to last years entrants. So enter the league and send a mail to them asking to be put on the shortlist for the CL. I'd imagine there will be places going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably too early to ask, but does anyone have codes for any free leagues that have prizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Joined that Finn Harps league. Seems a very well run league.
    Code sent within minutes of sending payment over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll just be joining the classic league. I have been debating entering no paid leagues to try and wean myself off fantasy football. Weekends of worrying what transfers a bunch of randomers will make and being on edge over goals assists etc is something I haven't missed the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Champions League is a great idea, I have run one myself as a side competition with a main league for the last couple of years. Will definitely enter this as well.

it will be interesting to see how hits for transfers will work, I have found that once the knock out stages happen it is the teams that are lower down in the overall league that do well if it is the case that points hits are not taken into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any H2H cash leagues about?

Or 10-15 team classic leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Boards.ie classic league code: 1607-76438

Trying to get a small prize for the winner, something like an 18v Dewalt Cordless drill or Karcher Pressure washer. Nothing exceptional but a prize none the less.

Any sign of any free league codes yet? Or have normal people not even realised the game is back yet!! :)

Any word of the Bohs league this year?

Reminder about the Harps pay league if you've just cruised in late for preseason training.

Hey hey, here's one I found from snooping a certain feckerwhoalwayswinstheharpsleague's leagues list!! :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/rentruck

The Rentruck Fantasy Football League is back, possible £500 first prize on offer. Free entry. fantasy.premierleague.com League 282130-75649 RT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FPL Updates has £250 first prize
    League Code: 422-377

It's sponsored by Woof Bet so I suppose it could just be £250 of free bets.....

Hey hey, here's one I found from snooping a certain feckerwhoalwayswinstheharpsleague's leagues list!! :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/rentruck

The Rentruck Fantasy Football League is back, possible £500 first prize on offer. Free entry. fantasy.premierleague.com League 282130-75649 RT

How come the prize is only "possible"?

Lemlin wrote: »

Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ManagerXI

A thread with free to enter leagues that offer prizes could make things more interesting. I will kick it off with a free jersey.

I have set up a private league on fantasy.premierleague.com that anyone can join.

To make things more interesting I will give a Premier League jersey to the winner of the league.

Private League Code: 461204-116154

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Already a thread, four below this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »

A get out clause to avoid paying any prizes at the end of the season. I've been involved in too many leagues where the prizes were never forthcoming and others that took a lot of hassle to get promised prizes so i won't be giving up one of my limited slots to a league where the prizes are only "possible"

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Already a thread, four below this thread.

Already a thread. This thread! :)

Already a thread. This thread! :)

T'was merged.

F1ngers wrote: »
    T'was merged.

Ah. There's so many league threads it's hard to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Roryc who used to post here is involved with a league that has a pretty hefty prizepool of like GBP 1200 or something like that also. 2755-151067 is the code. Obviously he won't gonna be able to post the details and I figured us hustler types would like the look of that more than your typical 'we'll give you a Premier League jersey if we feel like it, well we probably won't' leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Roryc who used to post here is involved with a league that has a pretty hefty prizepool of like GBP 1200 or something like that also. 2755-151067 is the code. Obviously he won't gonna be able to post the details and I figured us hustler types would like the look of that more than your typical 'we'll give you a Premier League jersey if we feel like it, well we probably won't' leagues.

Whats the buy-in?

jimmii wrote: »
    Whats the buy-in?
    Free, I think its prizes worth gbp 1200 rather than cash prizes

Demi from FFS is running an £80 buy-in if anyone is interested. https://twitter.com/FFScout_Demi

CSF wrote: »
    Free, I think its prizes worth gbp 1200 rather than cash prizes

Nice. Where do the prizes come from?

EDIT: ah guess its obvious once you join! Wonder if it will all be packs or cards and poker chip sets!

EDIT: ah guess its obvious once you join! Wonder if it will all be packs or cards and poker chip sets!
    That I don't know, but I can find out if you want

• Advertisement

And a poker table. :D

Advertisement