Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF competitions + prizes?

Options
  • 01-07-2015 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Are there any places that have yearly FF competition apart from boards and have prizes? On the premier league one NOT sky one

Was my first year last year and really loved it but would love too make more interesting with chance of winning something.

Can be paid to enter or free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

declan2693 wrote: »
    Hi,

Are there any places that have yearly FF competition apart from boards and have prizes? On the premier league one NOT sky one

Was my first year last year and really loved it but would love too make more interesting with chance of winning something.

Can be paid to enter or free.

There's usually a thread here for sharing codes for free leagues with prizes and promoting pay leagues. Looks like you just started it.

Finn Harps have a great pay league which was very popular here last year. I'll be posting details shortly. Bohs did one toobut the oorganiser was retiring so dunno the story this year.

Off the Ball, the 42.ie, donedeal and a few others run free leagues but the prizes tend not to be fantastic.

My advice to anyone btw is not to share local paper or pub free leagues. The people running these don't want them overrun with 'sharks' from the opposite side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    There's usually a thread here for sharing codes for free leagues with prizes and promoting pay leagues. Looks like you just started it.

Finn Harps have a great pay league which was very popular here last year. I'll be posting details shortly. Bohs did one toobut the oorganiser was retiring so dunno the story this year.

Off the Ball, the 42.ie, donedeal and a few others run free leagues but the prizes tend not to be fantastic.

My advice to anyone btw is not to share local paper or pub free leagues. The people running these don't want them overrun with 'sharks' from the opposite side of the country.

I second the sentiments at the end of the post, if you don't keep local one's local there's no way they'll do them again.
    I said here before that the Limerick Leader used to have brilliant prizes up to a couple of years ago (wide screen TV's, Premier League Match tickets) but the winners were from all over the world and weren't called Clohessy, Murphy or Ryan either:p Gone now.
    I won the Cork News league last season and I'm still waiting for them to contact me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

UFPL is £5 in and £25k for first and £1k for top monthly score. Hopefully they up the prizes this year as 20k+ entered last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

jimmii wrote: »
    UFPL is £5 in and £25k for first and £1k for top monthly score. Hopefully they up the prizes this year as 20k+ entered last year.

That's a nice little earner for them isn't!

Took in £100k+ and only had to pay out £32/£33k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

lassykk wrote: »
    That's a nice little earner for them isn't!

Took in £100k+ and only had to pay out £32/£33k.

Certainly was. Hopefully it was just due to it being season one and having no idea how many would enter. Hopefully someone there has a bit of sense and makes a proper payout structure. 1st 50k 2nd 25k 3rd 10k and then 1k for mom would be sick. Be nice if they paid out a few hundred spots but that would be a nightmare to organise but three spots surely wouldn't be too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That wouldn't be all profit though in fairness, I'd be surprised if they made much after the dev costs. One developers salary could easily be £68k.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I second the sentiments at the end of the post, if you don't keep local one's local there's no way they'll do them again.
    I said here before that the Limerick Leader used to have brilliant prizes up to a couple of years ago (wide screen TV's, Premier League Match tickets) but the winners were from all over the world and weren't called Clohessy, Murphy or Ryan either:p Gone now.
    I won the Cork News league last season and I'm still waiting for them to contact me:o

As far as I know the Cork News shut down in the last month or so. I was in 2 of their leagues, seems they may have reactivated one from the previous year and set up a new one. I reckon you might be waiting a good while to hear back :pac:

I think I lead that for a few weeks early on too before it well went so horribly wrong :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That wouldn't be all profit though in fairness, I'd be surprised if they made much after the dev costs. One developers salary could easily be £68k.

True, and I don't for a second begrudge them making money off it. I'd like a piece of the action myself!

The site, I'm quite sure, could make a substantial amount of money from advertising due to the volume of users but I can't say I ever recall seeing too many ads on the site. I do use an ad-blocker on chrome so perhaps I am blind to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My wife won the St Pats Athletic Supporters Club one and they responded once on Facebook Messenger to say she'd get a €50 club store voucher but haven't replied to her since :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    My wife won the St Pats Athletic Supporters Club one and they responded once on Facebook Messenger to say she'd get a €50 club store voucher but haven't replied to her since :mad:

Typical Pats. That would have made for decent toilet paper and all. Using my Bohs footee prize for 4 this weekend. Thanks to all involved (Walcott also) for that!!!

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Typical Pats. That would have made for decent toilet paper and all. Using my Bohs footee prize for 4 this weekend. Thanks to all involved (Walcott also) for that!!!

#junkies

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

As far as I know the Cork News shut down in the last month or so. I was in 2 of their leagues, seems they may have reactivated one from the previous year and set up a new one. I reckon you might be waiting a good while to hear back :pac:

I think I lead that for a few weeks early on too before it well went so horribly wrong :o

I won the Cork News this year.
    Emailed them and they were to pass my details onto the correct person. No word back yet despite trying to follow up a few times.

Won a 500 travel voucher from donedeal. Very quick to reply and send it out.
    Hotpress - The fall season 1 and 2 and the conor mcgregor documentary
    Second captains - A mug and a t shirt.

Also won a weekend away from a local bookies, tried contacting them a few times but no response. With the site now closed is there anyway of proving you won the league?

Also no response from Joe.ie for their "great prizes"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Emailed them and they were to pass my details onto the correct person. No word back yet despite trying to follow up a few times.

Also won a weekend away from a local bookies, tried contacting them a few times but no response. With the site now closed is there anyway of proving you won the league?

The owner of Joe.ie is very active on Twitter. You should tackle him on it.

Nice haul there despite the few let downs.
    I won the other Cork News league, I noticed there was two when I was looking at another players team towards the end of last year, maybe it was your own. I know that you finished above me so you are the 'Official' Cork News champ for all the good it'll do you.
    Did you win Joe.ie, I'd expect them to come good with the prizes.

Bit of market research regarding the Harps pay league which will launch as soon as the site is live.

Last year the prize fund was over €1,500 with the fund going on 1st to 3rd and a cup. Would it be more attractive if the main prizes were lower with a monthly prize of say €30?

Hopefully the entry continues to grow and the prize fund will be even bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Bit of market research regarding the Harps pay league which will launch as soon as the site is live.

Last year the prize fund was over €1,500 with the fund going on 1st to 3rd and a cup. Would it be more attractive if the main prizes were lower with a monthly prize of say €30?

Hopefully the entry continues to grow and the prize fund will be even bigger.

No, i prefer lower monthly prize with more for overall or maybe prizes for 4th and 5th. Anyone can have a flash in the pan short term good run but a sustained season long effort should have more reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    No, i prefer lower monthly prize with more for overall or maybe prizes for 4th and 5th. Anyone can have a flash in the pan short term good run but a sustained season long effort should have more reward.

I'd agree wouldn't be a fan of monthly prizes would prefer a bigger pot for overall finish. The cup competition is very good maybe a CL group stage competition as well.

I'd agree wouldn't be a fan of monthly prizes would prefer a bigger pot for overall finish. The cup competition is very good maybe a CL group stage competition as well.

He's planning on doing a separate Champions League one, 64 teams €20 a head.

On the monthly prizes, you lads are talking as hustlers here, to the ordinary punter who has pretty well no chance of winning the thing (esp with you lot around) surely a monthly prize is more of an incentive to part with your €20??

Especially if the same heads keep winning the big prizes year on year. Same winner 2 years running in our league.

On the monthly prizes, you lads are talking as hustlers here, to the ordinary punter who has pretty well no chance of winning the thing (esp with you lot around) surely a monthly prize is more of an incentive to part with your €20??

Especially if the same heads keep winning the big prizes year on year. Same winner 2 years running in our league.

Very good point, I thanked a previous post from Zarquon because I consider those monthly prizes a joke that make shít of the pot when the real prizes are handed out. Completely neglected to think of the other type of player who will get a bit of milage down the pub or in the Harps "Players Lounge";) Sure even the ugliest girl or fella deserves a spin around the dancefloor every now and then:P
    Still though, I think everybody starts out the season with the best of hopes and most people think it's mostly luck anyway.

Anyway I'll probably be entering this year so there's a great chance that you'll have a new winner:pac: Does the harps league welcome us "hustlers" or do we get read whe the topic comes up in the hills of Donegal?

If I was organising a competition I'd have a nearly all the money going for 1st place and token prizes for second and third.

I entered a similar league to the harps league and ended up winning it 300 stg as opposed to the 750 on offer from the harps one.The pot was taken up a lot by a 30 stg monthly prize. I think if u pay 20 entry in winning 30 for a monthly prize 10 euro profit isn't much of an incentive for the casual player . Maybe a couple of random gw highest scores for 100 euro would be better.

• Advertisement

I entered a similar league to the harps league and ended up winning it 300 stg as opposed to the 750 on offer from the harps one.The pot was taken up a lot by a 30 stg monthly prize. I think if u pay 20 entry in winning 30 for a monthly prize 10 euro profit isn't much of an incentive for the casual player . Maybe a couple of random gw highest scores for 100 euro would be better.

What about quarterly prizes? Say €50 for Q1,2 &3 and the big prizes at the end.

Btw Busts, I still think you are thinking as a Chelsea or Man City, a serious contender for the top 3. What about a taste for the Stokes, Swanseas and Southamptons of this world!

Btw Busts, I still think you are thinking as a Chelsea or Man City, a serious contender for the top 3. What about a taste for the Stokes, Swanseas and Southamptons of this world!

I think the big guns have a far greater chance of winning a quarterly or monthly prize than a random highest gw score prize. For quarterly it's 9 to 10 gws most times a fairly serious player will win that.

I think the big guns have a far greater chance of winning a quarterly or monthly prize than a random highest gw score prize. For quarterly it's 9 to 10 gws most times a fairly serious player will win that.

Agree on quarterly prizes, monthly are more open. I'm not suggesting the additional prizes are gonna go to complete novices either. Just would give serious and semi serious players more to play for if they've had a disastrous start.

Eg I'd say mr p would have had a shot at a few motms in the last couple of months last season after a bad start would have ruled him out of contention for the overall prize.

I think for a league to prosper and grow the cake might be better spread around slightly. And the more it grows the bigger the overall pot.

Asking the wrong crowd here though! :)

Ok, nearly as exciting as the FPL Launch is the launch of the Premium LOI Pay league, the Finn Harps Fantasy Football League

The good lads at Finn Park Towers (aka the Tin Towers :D) have also added some extra bells with an optional extra Champions League Format competition with a cool €1,000 guaranteed for the winner!! Its not on the website yet for some reason (edit the reason is its limited initially to last years entrants, details edited) details below. If you were in last year you'll have this by email.
    ************************* EXTRA FOR 2015/16 *********************

For 2015/16, I will be running an optional Champions League competition that you can enter. Initially, this is open ONLY to players who have signed up for this years league and were in the 2014/15 Fantasy League. It is limited to only 64 players – so this will be available on a first come, first served basis. Closing date to confirm entry will be midnight Saturday 25th July after which it will be open to anyone who wants to enter if places still remain. Payment is the only way that entry can be confirmed.

Cost of entering this is also €20 with a prize of €1,000 for the Champions League winner at the end of the season.

How does the Champions League work (it’s very similar to the “real” Champions League):

The 64 players will be drawn into 16 Groups of 4 Players.
    Each Group will see each player have 6 rounds of fixtures based on the Premier League Fantasy Football Gameweeks (e.g. Champions League Matchday 1 will be Premier League Gameweek 4, etc – full dates will be confirmed nearer the start of the season).
    Three points will be awarded for each victory, one point for a draw.
    Top two in each Group will progress to Round of 32 Knock-out stage with each Group winner facing a Group runner-up in this round. Each subsequent round will be an open-draw.
    Each Knock-out game will be over two-legs (up to and including the semi-finals) with winning aggregate score over two legs progressing to the next round.
    The Final will be a one-off game in Gameweek 37.

*********************** HOW TO ENTER AND PAY *******************

There are two options to pay below. If you only want to enter the Fantasy Football League like in previous years, select the first option which will see cost of entry being €20. If you want to enter the Fantasy Football League AND the Champions League, select the second option which sees the entry fee being €40 in total (€20 for each competition).

Option 1

To enter FANTASY LEAGUE ONLY, send payment via credit card, debit card or paypal via this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3VB4DH8TCHVGC Please note that a €1 fee is also included for online payments.

Option 2
    Entry to the Champions League is initially limited to those who were in the Fantasy League last year.
    To enter FANTASY LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, use the link in the email you received. If you are entering for the first time please email finnharpsfantasyfootball@gmail.com to request a place on the shortlist.

Once payment has been received, an email confirming the code to join the league will be emailed to you.

Payment can also be made by post or bank transfer to avoid the Paypal fees. Email JOE on finnharpsfantasyfootball@gmail.com to arrange this.

Good luck all, third and seventh in the last two years of this. Its my Holy Grail so please enter only if you are crap. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Ok, nearly as exciting as the FPL Launch is the launch of the Premium LOI Pay league, the Finn Harps Fantasy Football League

The good lads at Finn Park Towers (aka the Tin Towers :D) have also added some extra bells with an optional extra Champions League Format competition with a cool €1,000 guaranteed for the winner!! Its not on the website yet for some reason, details below. If you were in last year you'll have this by email.

Payment can also be made by post or bank transfer to avoid the Paypal fees. Email JOE on finnharpsfantasyfootball@gmail.com to arrange this.

Good luck all, third and seventh in the last two years of this. Its my Holy Grail so please enter only if you are crap. ;)

Payment sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13 park1ife

Payment sent for the Finn Harps Classic League

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll probably enter the Finn harps league tonight. And I do actually live in Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Payment sent for both, beating last seasons finish of 4th will be a big ask!

• Advertisement

Hackers wrote: »
    Payment sent for both, beating last seasons finish of 4th will be a big ask!

I've joined the league there and so far its the organiser, me and Edgbaston!! He's keen lads, he's keen.

Advertisement