Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silencer hmr

Options
  • 29-06-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

In progress of changing from a 223 to a hmr I have a jet z cqb for the 223 just wondering would it suite the hmr it's the same tread was looking at a wildcat whisper but is there any need to change

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Keep your ASE.

Try it out and you'l find it's better in terms of noise suppression. However if the weight, or sound reduction is not to your liking then consider changing at a later date but for the moment stick with what you have.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭culchie mick

Cass wrote: »
    Keep your ASE.

Try it out and you'l find it's better in terms of noise suppression. However if the weight, or sound reduction is not to your liking then consider changing at a later date but for the moment stick with what you have.

Ya think so.. do I have to apply for a new cert for the silencer if it's a different caliber

No.

Once you have the suppressor then you can keep it form gun to gun. If you are changing licenses (substitution) then you must tick the box (on section 3.2) for silencer to have the authroisation transferred from your current license to the new one.

Not saying this'll work, as it has for me, but i usually just request that the authorisartion i currently have be transferred to the substitute license. I don't go into all the details of why i want it as i already have the permission for it and simply seeking that authorisation to be applied to the sub license.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭culchie mick

Cass wrote: »
    No.

Once you have the suppressor then you can keep it form gun to gun. If you are changing licenses (substitution) then you must tick the box (on section 3.2) for silencer to have the authroisation transferred from your current license to the new one.

Not saying this'll work, as it has for me, but i usually just request that the authorisartion i currently have be transferred to the substitute license. I don't go into all the details of why i want it as i already have the permission for it and simply seeking that authorisation to be applied to the sub license.

Time will tell but it should be no problem

Just reading back on my second reply and i didn't explain it too well.

If you have a rifle, suppressor and the S then you are good to go on all fronts. If you get another gun, and decide to use your current suppressor (or a new one) on it then you still need authorisation for the suppressor.

In your situation where you are keeping your own mod and already have authorisation, you still need to tick the box to request the authorisation, but it should be a formality as you already have the permission for it and just want the authorisation on your new, substitute, license.

It is not down to caliber, but merely the authorisation to have the S on the license and to keep your mod. Caliber only comes into it for you, in that the caliber of the mod suits the caliber of rifle you intend to fit it to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement