Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANY ONE WON THE LOTTO?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I posted in 3 stars for winning streak on Friday and Marty Whelan will select me for sure :D

I sent in around 100-odd 3 stars and never heard a word. I blame UPC phone system, They could have called me but the electricity went out so many times. No electricity, no phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I sent in around 100-odd 3 stars and never heard a word. I blame UPC phone system, They could have called me but the electricity went out so many times. No electricity, no phone.

I own farmland and speak like a true bogger

Key qualifications to get on Winning Streak :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Lucky bastards. Maybe it's time I sold up here and moved to the country/sticks, and only then my luck will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I won a life changing amount of money about 8 years ago. I have several very fast cars (as well as mundane family saloons) a large house with no mortgage, a holiday villa in Tenerife and a nice little nest egg in the bank for whatever. I still work even though I don't have to. I think I'd crack up with boredom if I were to give up work. My wife regularly threatens to give up her job but never does as she fears boredom too. Ah I'm only joking, I made all that up, I'm as poor as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

About 8 years ago I won €200 on a scratchcard, it was a wonderful thing and briefly ignited belief that I could one day land the big one. Alas time passed and deep down I realise that I peaked that day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Neighbour won five million a few years ago. He was the biggest header going at the time, everyone thought there'd be a tabloid special in no time about him blowing it all. Changed him completely though, he's the most down to earth sensible man you could meet now and must be worth at least ten million through wise investments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Many years ago I walked into a bank with a brand new duffle bag and my sons toy gun happened to fall out of my jacket when i reached the teller, somehow confusing here. I had £200 on the withdrawal slip but sure didn't she take the bag off my and put £200,000 into. It sure felt like I won the lotto that day especially as my car was parked right outside the front door of the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

A lotto win wouldn't only be nice now, its becoming essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

worded wrote: »
    A lotto win wouldn't only be nice now, its becoming essential

I hear you. All of my plans for a bright future have been narrowed down to one - win the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My wife's father won 300k on winning streak (well the summer version of it) about 5 Years ago

He gave his kids a couple of grand each and the bookies got about half of it.

Poor fella's dead now. He won 2 holidays on the show but they gave him the cash value. I told him to take a holiday somewhere really nice with his kids but he never did and now it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Akrasia wrote: »
    My wife's father won 300k on winning streak (well the summer version of it) about 5 Years ago

He gave his kids a couple of grand each and the bookies got about half of it.

Poor fella's dead now. He won 2 holidays on the show but they gave him the cash value. I told him to take a holiday somewhere really nice with his kids but he never did and now it's too late.

Christ.

The award for today's "moral of the story" goes to Akrasia..

Back on topic, if it was raining soup I'd get a fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Won £5 on a scratch card once, hope thats not the best I will ever get.
    My mum got the stars for the tv show and posted it in, never heard back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

failinis wrote: »
    Won £5 on a scratch card once, hope thats not the best I will ever get.
    My mum got the stars for the tv show and posted it in, never heard back.

She should write in and enquire if they received it, in fact everyone sending in stars and not getting called for the show should do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

She should write in and enquire if they received it, in fact everyone sending in stars and not getting called for the show should do so.

This was about 2months ago though, I might tell her to write in anyway, would make her day if she got called on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bought a quick pick on my break from work in 2011 and got 5 numbers up but only got 1025 Euro. Better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

failinis wrote: »
    This was about 2months ago though, I might tell her to write in anyway, would make her day if she got called on.

Let us know how she gets on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Deaf fcukers, you should be on the Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas thread. I'm half deaf here listening to you people. Della, where's the remote.

If I won 6 million I would just keep 3 and give the other 3 million away to three strangers so they can chill the fcuk out and enjoy life for a while out of this rat-race.

My day will come. I can smell it, feel it.

No. No, you wouldn't. People say stuff like this but there's no way people would hand out millions. "Ah sure, wouldn't a couple do for meself and the rest to family and charity!" Really? Really? Me b@llocks.

Advertisement