Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buy Leaf now or wait? Questions within

Options
2»

Comments

Don't think I've seen any Mark 1.5s without the dark interior.

The brighter interior is part of the options list for the U.K leaf, can't imagine it not being an option here.
    SV has the intelligent key, despite the Nissan site. 360 should be handy, but I've seen several complaints of the cameras being easily obscured by dirt. LEDs are pretty poor by most accounts.

Yeah the camera gets dirty but I always make a point to clean them when I'm unplugging the charge cable and putting it in the boot, no big deal really, a quick wipe is all that is needed.

I couldn't disagree more about the LED lights, I think they're fantastic and I may replace the High Beam with after market LED's which are good enough these days and quickly replacing HID lamps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The brighter interior is part of the options list for the U.K leaf, can't imagine it not being an option here.

It's part of the options for the SV, black only for the SVE though I am afraid. It's the only reason I have considered it over the SVE.
    Yeah the camera gets dirty but I always make a point to clean them when I'm unplugging the charge cable and putting it in the boot, no big deal really, a quick wipe is all that is needed.

I'm coming from a 2003 Primera and used to the camera. Oddly enough I think I've only cleaned it three or four times in the five or so years I've had it.
    I'll be talking to the garage tomorrow and hopefully getting figures off them soon after.
    I couldn't disagree more about the LED lights, I think they're fantastic and I may replace the High Beam with after market LED's which are good enough these days and quickly replacing HID lamps.
    And this is the only reason that I am still hanging on to the SVE as an option :)

Cheers all!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

The light grey interior is still an option on new Leafs in the UK and I've had some quotes for it as my wife likes it.

However *all* the used cars I've seen so far on the market have had the black interior, not a grey one anywhere.

Is there a reason for this or is it just innate conservatism?

GreyDad wrote: »
    The light grey interior is still an option on new Leafs in the UK and I've had some quotes for it as my wife likes it.

However *all* the used cars I've seen so far on the market have had the black interior, not a grey one anywhere.

Is there a reason for this or is it just innate conservatism?

The sales guy said that they stopped doing them as they were impossible to keep.

In other news. Deposit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Roen wrote: »
    In other news. Deposit down.

Good stuff. Was the magic "30kWh" key word mentioned at any stage?

• Advertisement

samih wrote: »
    Good stuff. Was the magic "30kWh" key word mentioned at any stage?

No, mine is one already in stock. I am not too bothered about the 30kWh battery. The existing one is fine for my needs and there's a 10 reg diesel Golf for long, long range things. Plus I have access to a camper van for the odd weekend too.

I'll be happy enough in three years time to trade in for whatever the new model brings.

It's the dark grey SVE by the way with the 6.6Kw charger, wind deflectors and a boot liner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

It's the dark grey SVE by the way with the 6.6Kw charger, wind deflectors and a boot liner.

Very good choice! Delighted for you!

Cheers!

I'm expecting to call to the dealer today so should be able to find this out anyways.

One thing I never thought to ask him was how long it takes to get the charge card. Do you have to apply for it separately? Or does it just arrive at your address as part of the process?

I'm in a bit of an odd situation in that I the home charge point is going on a building I won't be moving to til Sept. So I'm fully reliant on public chargers for almost two months.
    There's two fast chargers near by so I'm not too pushed. But I still need a card to start charging...

I think I read of you don't have your card you can ring the ESB and get them to unlock the point you are at.

• Advertisement

Most of the fast chargers are open meaning you don't need a card to access them.

You do need a card for the one in Naas that's the only one I've come across so far that needs one.

You need a card to access the standard street charge points.

Your cards should come automatically as part of the home charge point ordering process.

Cheers Mad_Lad,

Just off the phone to the dealer and the car will be ready in a day or two. The hold up is purely for the grant to go through. He reckons that I should have the pack before the car, but if not he has a couple of spares to loan out.
    Happy days!
    R.

Cheers Mad_Lad,

Just off the phone to the dealer and the car will be ready in a day or two. The hold up is purely for the grant to go through. He reckons that I should have the pack before the car, but if not he has a couple of spares to loan out.
    Happy days!
    R.

You'll love the SVE ! :D

See if the dealer will loan you the Granny charger and plug in via an extension lead. Notify them in advance, they should have a spare because people usually have the car before the home charge point, the garage in Kilkenny didn't have a spare only the one for the demo car which is ridiculous but I still got a loan of it.

Don't forget your night meter ?

Thanks Mad_Lad.

I have to say I'm looking forward to it despite not being a car guy.

I think I'm an edge case as regards rental accommodation. Our cottage is on a farm yard with it's own meter. However it's not an ESB one, it's installed by an electrician. It's in place so we can calculate our usage separate to the main house, which has the ESB meter.

So for us to go on the night rate the main house would have to too, and I'm not sure how that would go down.

There's a standard dual CP outside work and I've never seen anyone use one of the points. When I checked it the other day there was cobwebs where you plug in. There's also an FCP down the road.

So I'm ok for charging outside the house, but of course if I feel I'm hogging either I won't mind taking the hit on home charging at the day rate as it'll still be wayy cheaper than my petrol.

Thanks Mad_Lad.

I have to say I'm looking forward to it despite not being a car guy.

I think I'm an edge case as regards rental accommodation. Our cottage is on a farm yard with it's own meter. However it's not an ESB one, it's installed by an electrician. It's in place so we can calculate our usage separate to the main house, which has the ESB meter.

So for us to go on the night rate the main house would have to too, and I'm not sure how that would go down.

There's a standard dual CP outside work and I've never seen anyone use one of the points. When I checked it the other day there was cobwebs where you plug in. There's also an FCP down the road.

So I'm ok for charging outside the house, but of course if I feel I'm hogging either I won't mind taking the hit on home charging at the day rate as it'll still be wayy cheaper than my petrol.

We have our Leaf nearly 4 months now and we have done 7000 km with no home charger used yet. It is installed but problem with the house wiring won't allow the install to be completed. I am one of the lucky on here to have a cp installed at work so it gives me great peace of mind so far... if you have yours close to work - happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Picked up my new Leaf on Thursday - silver SV with cold pack. Going good so far.......except for reversing it into something less than 24 hours after getting it and scraping the bumper! Fortunately I took out scratch insurance through the dealer, so should get it repaired for free. Think I was just used to old car TBH, which had sensors all round. Still surprised that Nissan don't offer the Leaf with them from the factory.

Congratulations :) I think the lack of rear sensors is a mistake too. I think they assume because you have a camera you don't need them but you can't just reverese looking at the screen you need to look around as well. I found it really odd that there were no sensors and also nearly reversed into a wall when I had the Leaf for the test drive.

Anyway enjoy the new car - I'm chasing down some possibles at the moment as well :)

Picked up my new Leaf on Thursday - silver SV with cold pack. Going good so far.......except for reversing it into something less than 24 hours after getting it and scraping the bumper! Fortunately I took out scratch insurance through the dealer, so should get it repaired for free. Think I was just used to old car TBH, which had sensors all round. Still surprised that Nissan don't offer the Leaf with them from the factory.

Excellent stuff, well wear ! :D

Parking sensors would be useful because sometimes you need to keep your eye on the road but the cameras are really handy for kerbs.

Another EV driver on the road, ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I think I was onto a loser with the camera really, because my last car had one together with sensors so I mostly just used the mirrors while listening to the sensors and pretty much ignored the camera. I guess that kind of 'muscle memory' (or whatever the equivalent for this is) is hard to shake - I nearly bloody reversed into something again today!

I think I will have the same problem. I think the sensors are dealer-fit options so I'll probably get some put into whichever car I end up buying if it doesn't come with them already.

• Advertisement

Well wear!

Unlucky about the bump though.
    I'm used to a car with a camera and no sensors, here's hoping I don't run aground too soon!
    The front and rear sensors are €760 which is silly season. I would have liked them, but at that price, no dice.

Well. There she blows.

1dq3d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Well. There she blows.

Happy motoring!

Well. There she blows.

1dq3d.jpg

Delighted for you!
    Best of luck!

Congrats! Me too! But won't pick up for a week or two yet.

Funny reading this again, looking at the parking sensor discussion, we are definitely putting them in but always negotiate with the dealer we got them for almost a third of list price.

One guy on a UK forum forgot there were no sensors and put a dink into his 4-day demo car! Oops

Thanks lads, appreciated.

Also appreciated is the advice given, not just in this thread but throughout this particular forum.
    Many thanks :)

Now I'm off to the Leaf thread for any future issues!
    R.

Congrats Roen !!! Another ICE off the road, well wear !

Congrats Roen !!! Another ICE off the road, well wear !

Cheers Mad_Lad. You should be on commission by the way. You're definitely doing a better EV ambassador job than any of the sales men out there.
    Fair play.

Cheers Mad_Lad. You should be on commission by the way. You're definitely doing a better EV ambassador job than any of the sales men out there.
    Fair play.

You're very welcome, It's nice to know people appreciate the many hours I put into my posts I wish you many happy miles of electric motoring !

• Advertisement
Advertisement