Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you allergic to?

Options
  • 27-06-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

What are you allergic to? And what happens if you come into contact with it?
    Does your face blow up like Father Bigley?
    Do you grow a third eye?

I'm lucky that I'm not allergic to anything, though bananas make my gums itch a bit.

Enlighten us!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I get queasy if I eat raw tomato, that's about it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Jellyfish. Utter bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Shellfish. Eating it could kill me. If I come into contact with it I do indeed look like poor Fr Bigley.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Cats.

Dust and anything that might trigger asthma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

My ex wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

Chocolate and penicillin!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

People who start pointless threads on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Work

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Spearmint Polo mints. Not a word of a lie. Even one would give me a wicked bad sore throat for a week.

Oh, and Penicillin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

actuar90 wrote:
    People who start pointless threads on boards

People who read, and then take the time to comment on threads they find pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nothing I can think of, although eating mayonnaise too often gives me mouth ulcers.

OH is allergic to penicillin, and my son recently told everyone in school he was allergic to cheese (he just doesn't like it) which must have caused a panic as the teacher confiscated lunches to prevent anything happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Cark people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A type of antibiotic called klacid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

NKA

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

An antibiotic called Clorum . Double up with stomach pains . Also Difiene and Tylex , beginning to think it's anything with traces of codiene in them to be honest.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Grass pollen, and recently discovered that I'm now allergic to peanuts and hazelnuts, which is a real pisser because they're my two favourite nuts. They won't kill me, but I'll be pretty uncomfortable for a while until the swelling in my hands goes down and the feeling returns to my face. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Wasps. I once collapsed four hours after a sting, and lay barely- conscious on the sofa for an hour, unable to move. Serious anaphylactic shock. I always carry an adrenaline spike now, just in case.
    Also menthol makes my head swim in a groggy fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Facebook relationships.

I've never found anything I'm allergic to but I do get a fit of sneezing after eating dairy milk chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Allergic to Asprin
    My face swells up, and I'm short of breath.

Allergic to latex.
    Depends where the latex has come in contact, more just irritating I guess.

Allergic to something in beer (have no idea what)
    Gives me hives, makes me vomit and gives me diahorria.

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Oh and a painkiller called zydol. Makes me pass out, and nauseous for days after. Voilently ill, and gives me black eyes for a few hours after taking it.

Allergic to Asprin My face swells up, and I'm short of breath.

Allergic to something in beer (have no idea what) Gives me hives, makes me vomit and gives me diahorria.

Jesus! Imagine taking an asprin to cure your head after too many beers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Nuts and pikeys mostly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Dust, pollen, moulds, anything irritating basically. Reacted to salt water during an allergy test. Atopy, they tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Short haired dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Zaph wrote: »
    Grass pollen, and recently discovered that I'm now allergic to peanuts and hazelnuts, which is a real pisser because they're my two favourite nuts. They won't kill me, but I'll be pretty uncomfortable for a while until the swelling in my hands goes down and the feeling returns to my face. :(

Like yourself developed a nut and coconut allergy just over a year ago. Serious stuff.

Also am allergic to penicillin, codeine, pollen,dust mites, aloe vera, chlorine, most washing powders, seaseme and poppy seeds, iodine so probably shellfish but as a veggie I don't know. I can't really eat fruit either as it gives me really bad cramps and diahorrea.

Basically my body seems to react to new things all the time and is probably gonna get to a point where am allergic to life!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

SMJSF wrote: »
    Short haired dogs.

Oh yeah dog dander, cat dander and rabbits have lately added to my woes. Love animals. 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Sun cream. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I broke out in an all over rash after being given penicillin as a toddler. My mother was told to make sure I never had it again, as it could be fatal. It sounds a bit dramatic to me, but I never chanced it since ;)

Advertisement