Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herd of cattle stolen- IFA €10,000 REWARD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Miname wrote: »
    And there would be a way around them too. Everyone knows who's at what around the border, guards are usually either scared or too lazy to chase up on it, in most cases.

Scared I'd imagine. "I know where you live" and that kind of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Willfarman wrote: »
    Scared I'd imagine. "I know where you live" and that kind of ****e.

Well that's understandable to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭tomieen jones

Still nothing? Surely they have some lead by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

No news on the moos?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It#s amazing to think that some of us could possibly have eaten parts of these animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

It#s amazing to think that some of us could possibly have eaten parts of these animals.

If we had we have know as it would not have hung very long it would be as tough as old boots

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If we had we have know as it would not have hung very long it would be as tough as old boots

I just might have had some of that then :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Heard rumours down this way of who stole them. Let's just say similar cattle were stolen from land he (the thief) owned before, but CAB took from him. A well known criminal in these parts.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Surely people can see what happened here? He obviously dirtied his bib previously and now someone is getting even with him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Surely people can see what happened here? He obviously dirtied his bib previously and now someone is getting even with him.

[mod]There is to be no more speculation like this post and, to a lesser degree, the one above it. We do not know the circumstances. Simple as!

The people involved are entitled not to have their reputations impugned by smear and innuendo on a national billboard.

Future posts along a similar line will face infraction![/mod]

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

It F@@king amazes me the way it is assumed by some that this incident may not be how it looks. Just because the scale is not of the usual scale what happened is stlll theft. The reality is that nobody can move cattle without a permit. To recover debt in such a manner you need a court order. The way some people think this is a straightener is appalling.

Remember tomorrow it could be YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭valtraman

Disappointed to see nothing has been found yet trail must be cold by now , I am hearing a rumour of 7 cattle stolen in the south east ,it is past time that this was halted for our national traceability standards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

How sad to see Irish society deteriorating into a selfish society, with little regard for the decent people who love what the do and work hard trying to make a living been robbed like this, We have very strong laws in Ireland but unfortunately we have great difficulty in solving crimes, I hope the Garda will be able to find the criminals in this case,
    Not many people can afford to loose a 100k,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    We have very strong laws in Ireland

what!? What!!!?

Maybe if you pretend garlic is apples but otherwise come out of it.

A flipping rapist can get less time than a non TV licecse payer ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

A flipping rapist can get less time than a non TV licecse payer ffs.

Evidence for that nonsense statement is required please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Laws only apply to law abiding people. The border areas are somewhat lawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭amacca

Willfarman wrote: »
    Laws only apply to law abiding people. The border areas are somewhat lawless.

Very true - don't forget this happened in Midlands though.

+Punishment for non law abiders is way too slow to happen in some cases, not nearly harsh enough For some crimes IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Christadillon3

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported us at this awful time. On top of losing our herd,many years of work and our livelihood,we have been the recipients of some incredible hate mail. Insurance fraud,karma,tax evasion,stolen cattle being stolen back and several fake profiles set up on FB specifically to verbally abuse us and accuse us of all sorts.
    I just want to make it clear. We have been totally transparent. We are normal farming folk trying to live a quiet life and the loss of our herd is devastating emotionally and financially.
    The reason why there have been no updates on the case is because it is actively on going. We are very pleased with the massive,massive amount of work being done by the police and departments both sides of the border. We feel hopeful that something will come to light very soon. Please be patient and let's hope you can celebrate good news with us very soon.
    We have a FB page 'Find our Livestock' and a Twitter account '@findourstock'
    We would love as many new followers as possible.
    Please help us win this fight-it could be you next. These crooks need to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Christadillon3

I'd also like to add that whilst we are overwhelmingly grateful for the very generous offers of replacement stock,we are not accepting anything from anyone. Our primary focus is on finding our stock. For those of you who are casting suspicions in our direction and growing elaborate conspiracy theories that we are somehow involved/owe money/insert other, I applaud your active imaginations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported us at this awful time. On top of losing our herd,many years of work and our livelihood,we have been the recipients of some incredible hate mail. Insurance fraud,karma,tax evasion,stolen cattle being stolen back and several fake profiles set up on FB specifically to verbally abuse us and accuse us of all sorts.
    I just want to make it clear. We have been totally transparent. We are normal farming folk trying to live a quiet life and the loss of our herd is devastating emotionally and financially.
    The reason why there have been no updates on the case is because it is actively on going. We are very pleased with the massive,massive amount of work being done by the police and departments both sides of the border. We feel hopeful that something will come to light very soon. Please be patient and let's hope you can celebrate good news with us very soon.
    Please help us win this fight-it could be you next. These crooks need to be stopped.

All the best. I sincerely hope you're successful in your search. Keep your chin up and don't mind the begrudgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Well done on a composed and dignified response.
    If I was in your your shoes I'd say I would have callasped in a pile on the ground and never risen.
    Please god your stock are alive and well and will be returned to ye before to long.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Well done on a composed and dignified response.
    If I was in your your shoes I'd say I would have callasped in a pile on the ground and never risen.
    Please god your stock are alive and well and will be returned to ye before to long.
    Best of luck.

If i was in your shoes i would be in custody, because by this stage I would have some of the local "wide boys" chained to a wall somewhere and a cordless drill ready, to encourage their cooperation........

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If i was in your shoes i would be in custody, because by this stage I would have some of the local "wide boys" chained to a wall somewhere and a cordless drill ready, to encourage their cooperation........

The film unthinkable comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I'd also like to add that whilst we are overwhelmingly grateful for the very generous offers of replacement stock,we are not accepting anything from anyone. Our primary focus is on finding our stock. For those of you who are casting suspicions in our direction and growing elaborate conspiracy theories that we are somehow involved/owe money/insert other, I applaud your active imaginations.
    I think you will just have to accept that when you go on social media as widespread as you have to highlight this incident that there will be keyboard warriors out there who will come up with all sorts of scenarios to doubt your claims. "The lady doth protest too much" is a phrase that jumps to mind. I think the message is out there that this incident has occurred but unless Gardai release photos etc that there is not a lot anybody can do to help retrieve these animals, its not as if someone is going to drive into my yard and try and sell me a few. So why bring further stress constantly defending yourself, maybe step back a bit from all the media/Facebook stuff and let the Gardai do their investigations. I wish you a successful outcome and hope the people involved face the the repercussions they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

testicle wrote: »
    Evidence for that nonsense statement is required please.

Convicted rapist in the news today got his entire sentence suspended. So not such a nonsense statement now, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Convicted rapist in the news today got his entire sentence suspended. So not such a nonsense statement now, is it?

At least 3 have got away with less than 2 years over the last while.

So out in less than 1 most likely.

Another 1 couple years back got suspended sentence aswell, prosecution had to appeal, think it was 3 years on take 2. Out in 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

At least 3 have got away with less than 2 years over the last while.

So out in less than 1 most likely.

Another 1 couple years back got suspended sentence aswell, prosecution had to appeal, think it was 3 years on take 2. Out in 18 months.

Dafuq??? Lads have ye noticed the thread title?? Keep on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

any update, its nearly a months since they disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    any update, its nearly a months since they disappeared

Yea.. Surely there's little hope now of them being recovered, and you'd worry about their trail gone well cold.. At this stage they could be slaughtered - hung for 15-20 days, been butchered and eaten :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.. Surely there's little hope now of them being recovered, and you'd worry about their trail gone well cold.. At this stage they could be slaughtered - hung for 15-20 days, been butchered and eaten :(:(

Im surprised there hasn't been some news on the truck considering they had pictures . Whether they get the animals back now or not it would be good to see someone caught for the crime

Advertisement