Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan Darts Masters ITV4

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

****** How did Bunting get the gig for these 5 junkets, some sort of wildcard as he's never been T8 in the rankings? He's not bringing much to the party. Presumably they picked the eight players sometime in January between the Worlds and the Premier League. Derp Chisnall would have been a much better pick, and would surely have been a selection if they'd been picking anytime after mid February.

I've enough of the Japs thing, It wasn't meant in any bad way. I'm actually raging that it's considered racist.

I know, Chizzy very unlucky not to be invited. He's 3rd best in the world now in my opinion. My guess is that Bunting has a bigger fan base? He played in these series last year too. He's getting better but can't see him breaking in to top 8 anytime soon.

Chizzy should be in there in stead of Wade in my opinion. Wade isn't the player he was, and doesn't really have many fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

great semis and final pity peter wright didn't plug it in the last leg after that come back taylor was looking kinda baffled, got to give it to wright he is some character and now is a really good dart player.

gustafo wrote:
    great semis and final pity peter wright didn't plug it in the last leg after that come back taylor was looking kinda baffled, got to give it to wright he is some character and now is a really good dart player.

Ya, Phil seems to get rattled fairy easily these days. Feel for Wright, you can only lose so many finals before it becomes some kind of mental block.Look at Jenkins and King. I do think he will win one soon though and go on to win a few more.

Can anyone tell me what was the point of the T19 D16 D20 finish, pure showboating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Yeah the fans were great, even Taylor was getting involved with them in the middle of the final which is very unusual.

Yeah I noticed that...I think he was 7-2 up and thinking the game was won :D 2,3 legs later he wasn't getting involved so much lol
    Chap got yellowed on the soccer forum today for 'japs', so I guess it's not considered acceptable on boards. Just saying like.

:eek: We're all getting banned :D

Its not a term I normally use but I've never heard it being classed as racist before. I think darts is lucky to have kingp as mod(the others listed don't count because they're never here lol), he's not a powertripper and if there was some sort of misunderstanding he'll not go into power trip mode like a lot of other mods on other forums.

I only seen some of the Taylor/Anderson semi & the final. WTF was Anderson doing miscounting from 83(3 darts in hand) and hitting T17,D18?
    Can anyone tell me what was the point of the T19 D16 D20 finish, pure showboating?

Probably! He had nothing to lose at that stage and Taylor just needed 1 more leg so why not go for it. [Harrington Mode]"Its the sensible thing to do as its the bigger target Stu"[/Harrington Mode] :D

To me the tournament looked like a slightly competitive exhibition. I heard they have huge crowds(like PL size!) for soft tip tournaments so maybe PDC are just trying to bump up the interest in steel tip game. I'm sure the PDC were happy with the semi's and final all going to the dramatic "last leg decider!" and the fans were loving every minute of it.

I think in a way we're lucky the Japanese don't speak english very well and the "boring boring tables" chant has not crossed over into Asia :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Not to sound like Wayne Mardle (sorry devastator) but every tournament just seems to get better and better. I know this was only a mickey mouse tournament but the fans were brilliant and the standard of darts was ridiculously good.

It used to be that it was only the top players who could put in averages over 100 and now it happens every day Dave.

Of course we also have all these young players starting to come through from the youth system. You've got Michael Smith, he won his second tournament of the year last week end. And Keegan Brown, I could go on.

There were 16 players in this tournament and a few years ago you could have picked three or four likely winners but this weekend there were at least 25 who could have won it! That's how high the standard is these days!!

Thanks for that Wayne.

Advertisement