Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan Darts Masters ITV4

Options
  • 26-06-2015 9:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Delayed coverage on itv4 at 18:30 on Saturday and 18:15 Sunday. The same 8 players that were in Dubai but a few japs involved aswell.
    Anyone know the draw yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

FINALLY!!! I could barely wait for the Japan Masters to start!!!!!! :D

First Round Order of Play
    Stephen Bunting v Shintaro Inoue
    Raymond van Barneveld v Katsuya Aiba
    Adrian Lewis v Sho Katsumi
    Phil Taylor v Masumi Chino
    James Wade v Morihiro Hashimoto
    Gary Anderson v Yuki Yamada
    Michael van Gerwen v Chikara Fujimori
    Peter Wright v Haruki Muramatsu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Exellent. Can't wait to see Yuki Yomada in action :-P

Looking forward to it though, any darts on tv is good for me. Pity we can't record ITV :-(

I got mixed up and thought you meant this. Now if yomanda was playing I'd def watch :D

Devastator wrote:
    I got mixed up and thought you meant this. Now if yomanda was playing I'd def watch

Choon! If that's not his walk on musice I'll be very disappointed! Starting soon so off twitter for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Looking forward to Yuki, let's hope the big stage didn't get to him. Beautiful to watch...

• Advertisement

I take it most of these Japs play soft tip? We could see some crazy checkouts like yer man in the world cup, 16, Bull with 3 darts in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Not too competitive it seems

Stephen Bunting 6-1 Shintaro Inoue
    Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Katsuya Aiba
    Adrian Lewis 6-0 Sho Katsumi
    Phil Taylor 6-2 Masumi Chino
    James Wade 6-2 Morihiro Hashimoto
    Gary Anderson 6-2 Yuki Yamada
    Michael van Gerwen 6-0 Chikara Fujimori
    Peter Wright 6-1 Haruki Muramatsu

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Barney got the fright of his life there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Cameras got to Yuki so.....

Cameras got to Yuki so.....

Definitely. His walk on music was excellent though.

• Advertisement

Boring enough tonight, was to be expected I suppose. Itv had an ad break after 3 legs. Does my head in. Anyone know if it's live streamed anywhere, pm me if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Setanta showing this live at ten. Also not a good idea using the term japs.

Setanta showing this live at ten. Also not a good idea using the term japs.

Why can't I use the term japs? Don't tell me that's racism now too

I've a good stream for it too, anyone who doesn't have setanta PM me.

ComfortKid wrote: »

everything is offensive nowadays in a political correctness world gone mad!

I don't think japs is a racist term though, is just a shortening of "Japanese" in a similar vein to calling british "the brits", Scottish "Scots"

Devastator wrote:
    I don't think japs is a racist term though, is just a shortening of "Japanese" in a similar vein to calling british "the brits", Scottish "Scots"

Exactly. It's getting ridiculous now at this stage. How on earth could the word japs offend anyone.

Super game that. Delighted for Peter. Hope he wins it. I put a small few pound on him for the Matchplay back when he got relegated from the PL. Doesn't look so stupid now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Some cracker of a game there between mvg and snakebite what a finish to say the very least.

2 brilliant semi finals. 100 average seems ****e these days, remember Phil was the only man who could do it.

What a final. Seen some outrageous exhibition finishes today too. Is Peter Wright the new Terry Jenkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Must say only saw a few matches here and there very enjoyable.

The Japanese fans really do appreciate their darts and were great towards all players no bias which is great to see.

Players were really enjoying being up there playing,which resulted in quality and terrific finishing all day today really enjoyed it can't wait to watch it again on ITV later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

best crowd iv saw, no boos or stupid chants
    some great match to go with it

Yeah the fans were great, even Taylor was getting involved with them in the middle of the final which is very unusual.

ComfortKid wrote: »

Japs is considered a racist term in much the same way that 'paki' or the N-word is.

Japs is considered a racist term in much the same way that 'paki' or the N-word is.

But Brits,Scotts and Aussies is ok? Japs is short for Japanese people. You're comparing it to calling black people ****? It's obviously not meant in a derogatory way. Please take your PC rubbish elsewhere.

No need to be confrontational, I never said I thought you were using it in a racist way, if I did I would have reported it instead of commentating. Much like the N-word, 'Japs' was used as a racial slur for a long time, and can therefore still be taken as an offensive term. I've never heard of Brits, Scots or Aussies being used as racial slurs.

No need to be confrontational, I never said I thought you were using it in a racist way, if I did I would have reported it instead of commentating. Much like the N-word, 'Japs' was used as a racial slur for a long time, and can therefore still be taken as an offensive term. I've never heard of Brits, Scots or Aussies being used as racial slurs.

Not being confrontational at all. If you knew I wasn't using it in a racist way, why tell me to not say it? I don't understand how jap can be racist no matter what context it's used. Are you getting mixed up with chinks? Only on boards could a darts thread end up discussing racism.

It's racist because of how it was used in the past, same as why any other words that are considered racial slurs. Telling me to take my PC rubbish elsewhere seems a little confrontational tbf. Apologies for clogging up the thread with this, only posted to let people know it was on Setanta, but have seen someone receive a warning on boards for unknowingly using the term before. Actually didn't get to see the darts because I was busy in Croke Park watching the abomination that is Meath football.

It's racist because of how it was used in the past, same as why any other words that are considered racial slurs. Telling me to take my PC rubbish elsewhere seems a little confrontational tbf. Apologies for clogging up the thread with this, only posted to let people know it was on Setanta, but have seen someone receive a warning on boards for unknowingly using the term before. Actually didn't get to see the darts because I was busy in Croke Park watching the abomination that is Meath football.

There on itv4 now or just started on itv4+1. Definitely worth watching both semis and the final if you can. Serious drama. Comebacks, high finishes the lot. Not to sound like Wayne Mardle (sorry devastator) but every tournament just seems to get better and better. I know this was only a mickey mouse tournament but the fans were brilliant and the standard of darts was ridiculously good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Chap got yellowed on the soccer forum today for 'japs', so I guess it's not considered acceptable on boards. Just saying like.

How did Bunting get the gig for these 5 junkets, some sort of wildcard as he's never been T8 in the rankings? He's not bringing much to the party. Presumably they picked the eight players sometime in January between the Worlds and the Premier League.
    Derp Chisnall would have been a much better pick, and would surely have been a selection if they'd been picking anytime after mid February.

Advertisement