Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom, any recent experiences?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

That's shocking service :eek:

I presume it's Vodafone you've gone back to?

bossdrum wrote: »
    I was with them until a few weeks ago when I had to move house. They wanted€125 to move my line to another house if an engineer was needed or €50 if he wasn't needed.
    They would never ring back when they said they would and now I've had to pay €150 to break the contract.
    I've now got no phone line/broadband as they said the best they could do is 1.5mb in the new house even though I'm about 100 metres from cabinet and all my neighbours can get fibre?

I wish I had never left Vodafone even though their customer service can be bad sometimes.

Previously Vodafone did all this free for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cheers for that, just weighing up my options at the moment.

What are their mobile call rates by the way?

Don't know. We call mobiles from our own mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

I don't want to hijack the thread but it might help others.
    I got my final bill today and unfortunately I got a nasty surprise.

I mentioned that I was going to pay a contract breakage fee but the following have also been added without ever being mentioned when I was talking to Customer service.

Special offer clawback €64
    Router charge €60.00

Total bill was over €274 excluding call charges.
    Considering I was only paying €30 for 6 months and then only €45 per month does this seem fair?
    If I was told all this before hand I would have taken the 1.5 mb broadband and free calls and seen out the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tommyzoom

Pure has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with.
    I signed up to them 2 weeks ago, yet they still haven't got around to posting me out a modem.
    I got a fairly rude text from them to say the fibre would be installed at our house last Friday morning, and make sure you are in when the engineer calls, or a €60 missed appointment fee applies.
    I had to take the morning off work.
    On the Thursday, they phoned to change it to the afternoon.
    I had to take the rest of the day off.
    Waited in all day Friday to no avail, no engineer, no phone call, nothing.
    I rang them on Tuesday to see what was the story,
    When I explained I had lost a days wages waiting in, I wondered if the missed appointment charges applies when THEY miss an appointment. No prizes for guessing the answer.
    At this point I had had enough, and told them to cancel the whole thing. They can whistle for anything owed. Not a cent will they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

This offer is up again, mails going out about it from onebigswitch

It doesn't say anything about 24 months contract - just says €45 per month for first 12 months - so I assume you can deduce from that, it is 24 months right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

This offer is up again, mails going out about it from onebigswitch

It doesn't say anything about 24 months contract - just says €45 per month for first 12 months - so I assume you can deduce from that, it is 24 months right?
    I got that email too, I didn't think 24 month contracts were allowed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tommyzoom

I would encourage anyone to check out some of their reviews on their facebook page, and google, before considering signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭morefoolme

tommyzoom wrote: »
    I would encourage anyone to check out some of their reviews on their facebook page, and google, before considering signing up

https://www.facebook.com/pg/puretelecomireland/community/?ref=page_internal

Advertisement