Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom, any recent experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Apologies for hijacking the thread but i too would like to know of recent experiences with Pure.

I got a call from them today as a result of signing up for the Big Switch, saving me aprox €15 per month if i signed up to a two year contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Does anyone know the exact details of the deal ? one big swich / the pure telecom website is very vague regarding minutes t&cs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same here, its all a bit vague......

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭domeld

Apologies for hijacking the thread but i too would like to know of recent experiences with Pure.

I got a call from them today as a result of signing up for the Big Switch, saving me aprox €15 per month if i signed up to a two year contract.

2 years contract? OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Yeah, 2 years :-(

(cunningly disguised as a 24-month but they didn't fool me.... even at that it was never mentioned until i specifically asked at the end "i presume its a one-year contract?" "Ehhh.... no.... it's actually a 24-month contract...")

I was interested in Broadband only and they quoted €33 per month (as opposed to their non-discounted price of €36 per month.)

They use Eircom's line, simply offer the same service cheaper, so in theory there should be no decrease (or increase) in quality? However I have found in the past that things don't run quite so smoothly as described, with one company blaming the other for the problems.

• Advertisement

Pure telecom just to resale Magnet broadband. So read about magnet bb service :)
    They are not even connected to INEX - unless they changed something recently.

domeld wrote: »
    Pure telecom just to resale Magnet broadband. So read about magnet bb service :)
    They are not even connected to INEX - unless they changed something recently.

IIRC magnet are connected to INEX but not Pure Telecom. A lot can change in 24months so I might just stick with Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Rockin wrote: »
    IIRC magnet are connected to INEX but not Pure Telecom. A lot can change in 24months so I might just stick with Sky

Are you with Sky Fibre? If so, how much does your monthly bill come to including VAT, etc... My bill with Vodafone comes to between €51-52.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Are you with Sky Fibre? If so, how much does your monthly bill come to including VAT, etc... My bill with Vodafone comes to between €51-52.

I have that with Vodafone too but broadband is not great, while there is always service it can get very slow and the only solution is to turn off and on the modem which speeds it up a bit for a while - must get around to changing provider soon, from the sound of it will not be going to Pure - maybe SKY or UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yeah, 2 years :-(

(cunningly disguised as a 24-month but they didn't fool me.... even at that it was never mentioned until i specifically asked at the end "i presume its a one-year contract?" "Ehhh.... no.... it's actually a 24-month contract...")

I was interested in Broadband only and they quoted €33 per month (as opposed to their non-discounted price of €36 per month.)

They use Eircom's line, simply offer the same service cheaper, so in theory there should be no decrease (or increase) in quality? However I have found in the past that things don't run quite so smoothly as described, with one company blaming the other for the problems.

Strangely their website says for the BB only package, no landline needed.... very vague indeed.

• Advertisement

Sky NGB coming in at 42 a month. Awful CS but I'd recommend it for the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Rockin wrote: »
    Sky NGB coming in at 42 a month. Awful CS but I'd recommend it for the cost

That's not Fibre, is it?

I'm looking at the package on the right of this screencap:
    353890.png

That's not Fibre, is it?

I'm looking at the package on the right of this screencap:
    353890.png

Nope - I'm on the 24 Mb package. Same service though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin956

OK, so its been a few months since this thread started, has anyone any dealings with pure Telecom in that time? I'm considering the €36 a month for fibre broadband only. In limerick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

If you join sky, just be warned that unless you cancel your service you won't be able to switch. Sky will block your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

A few of the Client companies we do support for have Pure Telecom - they are no better or worse that the rest to be honest. Never really had a major issue with them.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    If you join sky, just be warned that unless you cancel your service you won't be able to switch. Sky will block your line.

Where did you get that idea from? Surely thats illegal. I was with Sky for 2 yrs and switched to Eir in mid 2014 and had no problem.

Where did you get that idea from? Surely thats illegal. I was with Sky for 2 yrs and switched to Eir in mid 2014 and had no problem.

They've done it to me and when I googled it there's an entire uk forum on it. And no I don't owe them any money or am I in contract with them.

They've done it to me and when I googled it there's an entire uk forum on it. And no I don't owe them any money or am I in contract with them.

I suppose an email to Comreg about it is a waste of time?

I suppose an email to Comreg about it is a waste of time?

Probably. I believe sky aren't regulated here I saw on another thread so it wouldn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 n.lane

I'd be keen to here of any recent experiences also. I live in Dublin 20 and I'm considering the €36 per month contract. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask about minimum speeds, shorter contracts etc.

I ran into problems when trying to change from Sky to Vodafone. Vodafone couldn't see my line and tried to convince me my line wasn't BB capable!!! I think it has to do with my exchange being LLU and my line being connected to their gear in the exchange, this was pre fibre days.

jca wrote: »
    I ran into problems when trying to change from Sky to Vodafone. Vodafone couldn't see my line and tried to convince me my line wasn't BB capable!!! I think it has to do with my exchange being LLU and my line being connected to their gear in the exchange, this was pre fibre days.

Sky just use eircom lines. They don't have their own gear.

Sky just use eircom lines. They don't have their own gear.

According to Eircom support they have their equipment in unbundled exchanges. That's what I was told at the time, it's all history now as fttc has changed everything.

jca wrote: »
    According to Eircom support they have their equipment in unbundled exchanges. That's what I was told at the time, it's all history now as fttc has changed everything.

Sky does not have own equipment they are using BT equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

It has been awhile since there has been a post in this thread, so was just wondering if there are many happy Pure Telecom customers out there?

It has been awhile since there has been a post in this thread, so was just wondering if there are many happy Pure Telecom customers out there?

I got them early in January, via the One Big Switch, when my contract with Eir ended. They were €29.00 for the first 6 months and €45.00 for the following 12 months. That is for unlimited fibre BB, and unlimited anytime local and national landline calls. I had been on a Family & Friends offer with Eir but that had crept up from €30.00 to €36.00 over the course of the contract and had only off-peak calls. Eir had put me on a 50mb down & 20mb up.

With Pure I have 80+mb down & 20mb up. Service is rock solid. Cannot fault them.

I got them early in January, via the One Big Switch, when my contract with Eir ended. They were €29.00 for the first 6 months and €45.00 for the following 12 months. That is for unlimited fibre BB, and unlimited anytime local and national landline calls. I had been on a Family & Friends offer with Eir but that had crept up from €30.00 to €36.00 over the course of the contract and had only off-peak calls. Eir had put me on a 50mb down & 20mb up.

With Pure I have 80+mb down & 20mb up. Service is rock solid. Cannot fault them.

Cheers for that, just weighing up my options at the moment.

What are their mobile call rates by the way?

Jaysus, the Google reviews are absolutely shocking lol :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Jaysus, the Google reviews are absolutely shocking lol

I was with them until a few weeks ago when I had to move house. They wanted€125 to move my line to another house if an engineer was needed or €50 if he wasn't needed.
    They would never ring back when they said they would and now I've had to pay €150 to break the contract.
    I've now got no phone line/broadband as they said the best they could do is 1.5mb in the new house even though I'm about 100 metres from cabinet and all my neighbours can get fibre?

I wish I had never left Vodafone even though their customer service can be bad sometimes.

Previously Vodafone did all this free for me.

Advertisement