Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 Subscription to National Geo, Newsweek, World Soccer, Vanity Fair, Top Gear...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

3wayswitch wrote: »
    This is actually amazing. I signed up to my local library in Deansgrange and now I have access to all these magazines for free:

Do you have all those for free with the issue dates as shown? For example you have the Computer Shopper for August 1st in my case is May 1st, same with some other magazines, also you have BBC history but not in my list for South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

nava wrote: »
    Do you have all those for free with the issue dates as shown? For example you have the Computer Shopper for August 1st in my case is May 1st, same with some other magazines, also you have BBC history but not in my list for South Dublin.

Those are the actual ones I have on my iPad right now for free. I've noticed some locations have different magazines, like South Dublin has Computer Music but Rathdown doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Those are the actual ones I have on my iPad right now for free. I've noticed some locations have different magazines, like South Dublin has Computer Music but Rathdown doesn't.

That is a great selection that you have there - these are the ones that are in the Cork County Libraries - well worth the € 2.50 membership fee

Zinio Cork County Library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm off to Navan Rd Saturday to give this a go, been meaning to rejoin library for years

:P

If you have the format of the library card from other area you can register, you need to use the link from that Library to register, you can use the same email for both registrations, after go to the Zinio app and/or website and the magazines purchased in both accounts will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

johnb25 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can only join in your own county?
    I live in Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown, and am a member there and also joined in Fingal with no issue so I'd say there'd be no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭Soarer

Tweaky wrote: »
    That is a great selection that you have there - these are the ones that are in the Cork County Libraries - well worth the € 2.50 membership fee

Zinio Cork County Library

Thanks for that list. Pity Top Gear isn't amongst them.

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks for that list. Pity Top Gear isn't amongst them.

It's part of the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Title is misleading, for many there is no charge at all, like in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown area.
    Is absolutely a fantastic benefit. Its not just magazines, there are a load of newspapers available online from the library too - http://library.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/AccountingLoginLibrary.aspx?page=title_list

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

OK. Limerick isn't included sadly :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

OK. Limerick isn't included sadly :-(

Get onto them and ask them to do it.

Hopefully they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

thanks OP this is a fantastic bargain which I was unaware of. I don't think its been available in Dublin city libraries up to now (open to correction on that), but they are currently updating their online system to create one joint library catalogue for the whole country. Phase one (currently underway at the moment, online system has been down for ages) will include Dublin City Public Libraries, along with libraries in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal, Kildare, South Dublin, and Wexford. I've asked it this will mean Zinio available to Dub city users - will post here when they get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Has anyone contacted Limerick City Library yet, might try find out about it on Thursday if someone hasn't already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Joined Fingal Libraries in the Blanchardstown Centre on Saturday and it's free.

They normally allow joining online but the system is being upgraded so going in is the only option currently. In and out in five minutes.

The Zinio app is different to the regular one so, like me, you will need the Zinio for Libraries app.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭paudy1000

nava wrote: »
    :P

If you have the format of the library card from other area you can register, you need to use the link from that Library to register, you can use the same email for both registrations, after go to the Zinio app and/or website and the magazines purchased in both accounts will be there.

I'd love to know the format of any other area, see if I can get in! If anyone has any ideas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Wow, my library doesn't shout about this at all but just went on the website there and they do offer it. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

I presume you from Cork. So which library was that, and do they offer full selection like in OP list? Im currently using my kids card from Blackpool's library, it comes free but selection is missing top gear, the economist lonely planet, and more. I dont mind paying few quid, and their app on tablet just works flawless (so far), so its nice thing to have.
    Thanks OP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

paudy1000 wrote: »
    I'd love to know the format of any other area, see if I can get in! If anyone has any ideas?!

my code for dcc is D1000000******, I went to south dublin and changed the 1 to a 4 and it let me register.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

Caroleia wrote: »
    thanks OP this is a fantastic bargain which I was unaware of. I don't think its been available in Dublin city libraries up to now (open to correction on that), but they are currently updating their online system to create one joint library catalogue for the whole country. Phase one (currently underway at the moment, online system has been down for ages) will include Dublin City Public Libraries, along with libraries in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal, Kildare, South Dublin, and Wexford. I've asked it this will mean Zinio available to Dub city users - will post here when they get back.

Zinio won't be available to Dublin City library users just yet. We're going to join Fingal and get access to it that way. Great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Sorry if this has been asked but can I log in to another county library with my local library ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Sorry if this has been asked but can I log in to another county library with my local library ID?

See 2 posts up from yours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

sweetie wrote: »

Thanks. Hols next week, need to maximise!

Best BA of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Thanks OP, living in Limerick so joined library in charleville and sorted for hols on Friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Anyone know what the format of a DLR membership number is please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The selection for Waterford is pretty dismal when compared to other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

TMC99 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the format of a DLR membership number is please?

Starts with a 2.

Just got new tablet and remembered this offer but links not working even through zinio all. Anyone else having any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Just created an account using a made up south dub ID. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Just created an account using a made up south dub ID. Nice one.

dont let the boards police catch you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

my code for dcc is D1000000******, I went to south dublin and changed the 1 to a 4 and it let me register.

Any hints as to whether those * represent letters or numbers or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Any hints as to whether those * represent letters or numbers or both?

Numbers

Advertisement