Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dovetail adapters

Options
  • 21-06-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks. Has anyone used dovetail adapters?

Or am i better just buying new (higher) mounting rings with the correct dovetail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hi folks. Has anyone used dovetail adapters?

Or am i better just buying new (higher) mounting rings with the correct dovetail?

Dove tail adapters for what rifle exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have a Tikka . It has 16mm dovetails.
    The rings that came with it are too low for my line of sight, and the scope is practically touching the barrel.
    Have low and high ring sets which fit my scope but are 11mm dovetails.

A set of dovetail adapters would raise these nicely, but are there any disadvantages I should be aware off?
    16 mm rings are less common and more expensive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have you considered a picatinny rail for it. Very secure and leaves you open to use a host of rings.

The cost of the rail and picatinny rings would exceed the 16 dovetail rings on their own and/or an adapter and your current rings, but i'd recommend a rail over any dovetail type ring for better grip.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement