Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your biggest extravagance during the Celtic Tiger

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

From someone who was only a young lad during the good years, the way people go on about it sounds like there was just endless trunks of money available to everyone.
    There was. Literally you'd think nothing of heading off to a European city for a weekend break. Lack of Money was Never an excuse not to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

blueser wrote: »
    4 pages in, and no mention of acquiring a wife/husband/mistress/girlfriend/boyfriend/any combination of those yet?

I picked up a wife during the tiger period. I classified that as an investment. To be honest I've lost a lot on it at this stage. When is it time to cut your losses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

A Latte and cake on pay day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Did coke off my secretary's ass in the penthouse of the Four Seasons while my wife was waiting for me to come to our anniversary dinner in Guilbaud's.

Or at least I would have had I been in a position to be extravagant. Next recession I'll say the above and it'll be a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

3 patio heaters, that right 3!

Didn't even have a patio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Frynge wrote: »
    3 patio heaters, that right 3!

Didn't even have a patio.

You could have put them on your deck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

We were very poor in the tiger. Got fed up being offered credit. Started buying gold with what little we had. That gold just gave us 20% down on our first house. Still poor but now we rent from ourselves. Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I decked the hall with boughs of holly,
    Fa, la la la laaaa , la la la la.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I picked up a wife during the tiger period. I classified that as an investment. To be honest I've lost a lot on it at this stage. When is it time to cut your losses?

Trade her in for a younger model maybe?

Advertisement