Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ireland news thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Raza out. Williams the only danger now

Forgot about Burl. He can hit

Zim seven down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

KevIRL wrote: »
    Zim seven down

Still kinda balanced, gettable by ZIM but tipped in our favour :)

Bookies have Ireland 1/7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Bookies have Ireland 1/7

I always think bookies have no clue on cricket. I reckon there's money to be made. Zim were 5s at one stage!

32 needed from 24

22 from 18

How have Ireland let this happen

How have Ireland let this happen

Kob bowling six overs including the 47th is never gonna work out well

• Advertisement

Wicket!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Smashing bowling from Murtagh

Although now we have a guy in to bat that can run between the wickets

1 off the over. Bumrah-esque

What an over. 1 run and a wicket. 14 from 6 needed

6 needed from the last for a tie. Burl out

Got there in the end. Five run win

Phew!! Ballsy finish in fairness to Adair. Great series win that. Winning a tight one like that can only help the newbies. Again last year we lose that!

With all the excitement of that second last over it was missed that murtagh got a five for.

With all the excitement of that second last over it was missed that murtagh got a five for.

His first in ODIs. Well deserved

Phew!! Ballsy finish in fairness to Adair. Great series win that. Winning a tight one like that can only help the newbies. Again last year we lose that!

Yep time to prune some of the dead wood and move on.

• Advertisement

Adair will probably be inline to play the Lords Test. With Murtagh aged 37 and Rankin 34, we desperately need a bowler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Whilst I’ve wanted a fresher Irish team for some time now Murtagh would be the first name on the team sheet whilst he is still performing like this.

His consistency is unreal and could only assume that he would be the best of the senior bowlers to help mentor the younger lads coming through

Overall this is a very good series win considering the group we have used. If we won it using the same players we have for the past 5/6 years then I wouldn’t be bothered about it but finally they have seen what the younger guys might be capable of

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Whilst I’ve wanted a fresher Irish team for some time now Murtagh would be the first name on the team sheet whilst he is still performing like this.

His consistency is unreal and could only assume that he would be the best of the senior bowlers to help mentor the younger lads coming through

Yeah Tim Murtagh is still making a useful contribution, he's an old branch still putting out green shoots :) I've nothing against older players, when they are taking wickets or scoring runs against opposition of our own standard and higher. But if they ain't performing when it's needed, they should go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yep time to prune some of the dead wood and move on.

Who would you drop and who is there coming through?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Time to move on from Kevin O'Brien?

Time to move on from Kevin O'Brien?

Yep and Porters hasn't really justified his batting position over the last good while. Not that those coming in might do a whole lot better but at least age would be on their side in terms of the experience being useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yep and Porters hasn't really justified his batting position over the last good while. Not that those coming in might do a whole lot better but at least age would be on their side in terms of the experience being useful.

It's a tough job blocking, block, block, leave, leave, block, block, block, leave and then get caught slogging to cow corner but I reckon one of the kids could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

BOHtox wrote: »
    It's a tough job blocking, block, block, leave, leave, block, block, block, leave and then get caught slogging to cow corner but I reckon one of the kids could do it

You are giving them an awful lot of credit. There should be at least one play and miss in that sequence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

BOHtox wrote: »
    Who would you drop and who is there coming through?
    Adair will probably be inline to play the Lords Test. With Murtagh aged 37 and Rankin 34, we desperately need a bowler.

Tyrone Kane deserves a shout.

• Advertisement

Zim batting first in final ODI today

Advertisement