Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: Round 8 - Austrian GP

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

bnt wrote: »
    So it's more important to watch two women knocking seven bells out of each other, then? :confused:

The one in blue keeps going for the other ones boobs. Good technique!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

zero19 wrote: »
    Whoever thought that splitscreen thing was a good idea needs a swift kick in the hole.

Or a few rounds in the ring with the 2 boxers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Wouldn't want to put that trophy on a wobbly table.

And you have to love Gerhard Berger

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What sort of dance was he trying to do with Lewis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Has Gerhard been on the sauce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

dropped the hand

At least he didn't call Lewis Nico

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Maldonado gets a lot of stick (and often rightly so) but that save was stunning.
    Glad there was some good battles down the field, otherwise that race would have been pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Think Maldonado had two good saves

Think Maldonado had two good saves

The one on the start/finish straight was pretty ridiculous in fairness, looked like they had sped up the footage it happened so fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Rush is on C4 tonight at 9.00 BTW. I havn't seen it yet.

Is a fantastic film. I seen it in the cinema too and really enjoyed it. Watched it again last night on C4 too. Will buy the Blu-Ray of it one of these days. Its a film you can watch over and over and not get bored of. The cars in it sound fantastic too. The rivliery between Lauda and Hunt as well is very intense. The way there backgrounds are so different but yet they were both such talented drivers both wanting to be the best and win.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CICO_elWsAEOrMs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

vectra wrote: »
    You think they went off by accident?
    You think they knew how he was going?
    You think Hamilton knew Rosberg was not going to claim pole?
    You think Hamilton did not get a flashback of Monaco 2014?

Yes I do think they went off by accident, both were pushing & fighting each other for pole.

Not sure, but they were involved in a fight regardless.

Em, Hamilton went off behind Rosberg, hard to slow Nico down doing that no?

As I said, was Vettel purple at the time they went off? It's a genuine question as I can't remember if he was or wasn't...

As for the race itself, Nico really done himself justice today. He ace'd the start, & Lewis had no answers for him after that. Once the 5 second penalty got applied, that was that. Even before that, Lewis didn't seem to be posing any real threat to Nico, so I don't think it affected the result in any way. Lewis just didn't look comfortable from FP1 onwards, Nico looks the much more comfortable of the two here for whatever reason.

Great to see Massa take 3rd, shame for Vettel & a slow stop but it happens. Kimi, again not doing himself many favours. Sure, cold tires, but it just doesn't bode well for him with the driver market likely to be opening up soon.

McLaren again hugely disappointing, reliability is shocking & even at this near-half way point in the season, are they looking like they've improved at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Video of Maldonado's tankslapper & save:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

bnt wrote: »
    Video of Maldonado's tankslapper & save:

I think it was to be expected with the rear wing open but an outrageous save for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Would like to see a video of the crash between Kimi and Alonso from another view if there is one. Am glad neither driver was hurt . What is up with Kimi that is two races in a row that he has made mistakes in. Hopefully he gets it sorted and does not make anymore like that. Very poor from Mclaren. The Honda boss there as well can,t have been very happy. Maybe Alonso,s car might have went further but because of the crash we will not know. I think Mclaren and Honda might have wrote of this season and are going to start working on there car for next year. Great save by Maldonado. Vettel was unlucky in the pits otherwise Id say he would have had third but I am also happy that Massa and Williams got it. Was a faultless race by Rosberg well done to him as others have said Lewis just did not have an answer for him here. This track just does not suit Lewis. Think he will do much better at Silverstone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

AMKC wrote: »
    What is up with Kimi that is two races in a row that he has made mistakes in. Hopefully he gets it sorted and does not make anymore like that.

The mistake in the last race was a software error I believe. This race seems to have been driver error...but a real rookie error. Makes me wonder if maybe something was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

AMKC wrote: »
    Would like to see a video of the crash between Kimi and Alonso from another view if there is one.

Found that video, although still no clue what really caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

From that angle it looks like he over corrected and the car snapped left into Alonso. He should have a chat with Maldonado about car control. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just been catching up with Sky's coverage of the weekend on demand and Massa jr. knew something we didn't. He called his Daddy's 3rd place on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

From that angle it looks like he over corrected and the car snapped left into Alonso. He should have a chat with Maldonado about car control. :p

Apparently Kimi's car was in aggressive start mode which caused him to lose control...exactly the same issue that caused him to spin in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CIGiQtGWEAEQskh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ha, very good :)

Advertisement