Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone been for a swim yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Lahinch last Sunday. it was so cold I got a pain in my head whenever I went fully underwater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Does adults feel the water as being cold more so than kids? I don't remember the water ever being so cold when I was smaller.

Whenever I go swimming now, I go out one day in the year and decide that's enough with the water being so cold. Would swim in it every day if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

Does adults feel the water as being cold more so than kids? I don't remember the water ever being so cold when I was smaller.

Whenever I go swimming now, I go out one day in the year and decide that's enough with the water being so cold. Would swim in it every day if I could.

Good for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I went swimming this year for the first time in twenty years . . in Iceland.

The sea is a bit like sex, when you're looking at it every day you're not really all that bothered about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Kids have no fear :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I was at Inchydoney beach last week. Feckin' freezin' but delicious. There was a whale basking there yesterday, wish I'd been there!

Can't wait for late August/September. Swimmy swimmy swim swim!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If I was a marketer I would say the Irish Sea is... refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just because a day is warmish (as it's not really that warm so far this summer) it doesn't mean the water instantly heats up. It needs more time.

Go to the waters in the Mediterranean now and you'll find the water a lot cooler that it will be in September after 3 months sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I qualified as a lifeguard 20 years ago and I've always really loved to swim. It's usually in a heated pool though. I haven't been in a lake or the sea yet this year. It's lovely to swim in the salt water with the waves crashing:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Swam on Garrettstown beach in Cork today in a tankini coz I was too lazy to try and pour myself into my wetsuit... It was incredibly cold. Once I got waist-deep I leapt in head-first. After the initial shock and subsequent string of expletives I actually really enjoyed it though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭secman

Was in for about 20 min on Sat evening in Cahore Wexford. Cold to start with but by the time I swam back to shore I wondered how I thought the water felt initially cold.

Advertisement